News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stumped on a few fender tag codes.....

Started by billschroeder5842, December 18, 2011, 08:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billschroeder5842

I was doing a bit of research on my '69. I've had the car for 7 years and bought it from the 2nd owner who had the car for 25 years.

I have a Y16 that says that it is a "sales bank code"...what is a sales bank code?
The Y16 is followed by a "26" right before the END. Any idea of what "26" means?
Then I have a "Y3 Y3" right in a row...I'm not familiar with this one.

I have used a fender tag decoder and have not found these.

Thanks!
Texas Proud!

maxwellwedge

Sales Bank are cars ordered and optioned by Chrysler to keep in a "Bank". They had to keep the lines moving so they built up extra cars and then kinda forced them on the dealers. It was a car the dealer didn't order up.

26 = 26" radiator

Color twice (Y3 in this case) is usually body color and roof color.

Y3 Paint code    (DY3)  = Cream   

billschroeder5842

Thanks for the info!

So do you have any idea on where to find the deal info? I have a complete (yea!) build sheet but I'm guessing that that info is not on there if it is a sales bank car.

Thanks!
Texas Proud!

Ghoste

You would be correct.  Your only recourse is to chase the cars history back either through the dmv or previous owners.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Ghoste on December 18, 2011, 09:43:23 PM
You would be correct.  Your only recourse is to chase the cars history back either through the dmv or previous owners.
Or if you have the original Window Sticker (Monroney Label)...there would be a dealer code at the bottom of the sticker...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T