News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New week, new question... What Charger(s) do you REGRET BUYING???

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, December 18, 2011, 11:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UH60L

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on December 21, 2011, 08:36:57 PM
Quote from: UH60L on December 21, 2011, 03:10:23 AM

On a positive note, the new challenger is a lot of fun, and actually gets as high as 29 mpg, even with the 5.7 in it......

And dealerships' wonder why they get the shady reputation they have.  :rotz:

Didn't you folks sign paperwork on Saturday locking in rates, finance, etc.?

Did they sneak in a warranty?  They're real good about that.  The last 2 rigs we bought they came out with paperwork with the extended warranty already wrote into the loan.  I flat out asked them why they did that & that I never requested it, now we have to wait for you folks to recalculate everything eliminating that.  I told them I couldn't figure out why they did that cause I could have saved us both time.   

$200 more a month is quite the difference is interest rate.  If you're not in a credit union, now might be the time to join one.  If it's interest alone that raised your monthly payment, you surely can do better.

That absolutely sucks that they pulled that shit, a phone call would have been the respectable thing to do.  We got burned back in '96 so I have zero patience for some salesmen tactics. 

May I ask what dealership did this?

GL.

We signed paperwork on Saturday that basically said we would come in on Thursday and sign the real apperwork, because the finance manager guy was not there on Saturday.  It literally took about 5 hours for them to figure out how to get the payment down to $564 a month (we told them it had to be down in the $500 a month area or there was no way we could do it....).  That was at a certain finance rate and 72 months etc etc.

Then on Thursday, they couldn't get that finance rate and they couldn't get 72 months, and then a month later when looking to refinance we realized that they indeed snuck in an extended warrantee that we thought was included free of charge (thousands extra...).  Between all those things the payment is well over $700 a month (our previous car was $301 a month....).

It was Withnell Dodge in Salem Oregon.  I have to say, the actual salesman that we worked with on Saturday was a great guy, and I don't think he had anything to do with what happenned in between Saturday and Thursday.  I also have to say that taking it in for servicing and warranty work has gone very well, no problems.  The only issue I have is how the deal went down.

In my opinion, what should have happenned is, as soon as they knew they couldn't make that deal, they should have called me and I would have taken the car back and figured something out, or given it back.

It didn't help that that Thursday night was our car club meeting, so we had planned to go sign the paperwork and then drive to the meeting show our club the new car...........yep, that finance guy really saw us coming.......

As you say, they wonder why they have a bad rep.

472 R/T SE

You can get out of the extended warranty.  Imo, it's a new rig, you shouldn't need an extended warranty.  When the factory warranty runs out they'll be pestering you trying to push an extended war. on you then.

I talked a big talk about them adding the warranty on our past 2 rigs.  I did have them eliminate it though but this last time I got to thinking about what we were buying.  A specialty rig.  I also got to talking to another customer while we were waiting on them & he mentioned he knew someone that had the same truck & it nickel & dimed him to death.  I read the Viper motor was sensitive as well but the fact they added the warranty pissed me off.  So...I brow beat the dealership (I'm a real bad ass  :icon_smile_wink:)since this was our 3rd rig we had bought from them & got the lowest $$ I could for a 3 year warranty.  It's an '05 so after 3 years we'll know if it's a lemon or not.  We've already had it in twice for check engine light issues.  But it's an '05, not a '11.

Anyhoooootttts....my Mom's been a comptroller with a Mopar dealership in DFW for 20 years & in the business since the late '70's.  If Andy74 doesn't jump in, I'll ask her what all you can do.