News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone have a pet attack your charger

Started by RGA, December 15, 2011, 11:27:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGA

I love my dog but........ She is a 100 lb pit bull and always wants to play, yesterday ran through my garage jumped on my 69 charger grill and shattered it. She almost got shot. It still may happen, haven't calmed down yet. Anyone else had to deal with this ?

Ghoste

Nothing like that.  The old dog on tire routine and thats about all.  A friend once had a 69 Charger that his mothers cat apparently thought the hood scallops were a litter box.  That wasn't too popular with him as I recall.

Dans 68

Quote from: Ghoste on December 15, 2011, 11:37:39 AM
Nothing like that.  The old dog on tire routine and thats about all.  A friend once had a 69 Charger that his mothers car apparently thought the hood scallops were a litter box.  That wasn't too popular with him as I recall.

I had to read your post twice before I realized that you meant "cat" and not "car".  :rofl:  I had strange thoughts....  ;)

No, the only animal related problems I have had are of my daughter planting her butt on my hood. She subsequently got one of her Dad's lectures...on my mark roll eyes   ::) ....  :D

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Lennard

I hope you are being sarcastic. If you would kill your dog for that then he is better of dead then have you as an owner. :rotz:

RGA

Half sarcastic. 69 charger grill $1000......... crazy pit bull free........ she's lucky my daughter loves her.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

If in my house, dog would already be gone... Seriously...  :yesnod:

Ghoste

Quote from: Dans 68 on December 15, 2011, 12:10:09 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 15, 2011, 11:37:39 AM
Nothing like that.  The old dog on tire routine and thats about all.  A friend once had a 69 Charger that his mothers car apparently thought the hood scallops were a litter box.  That wasn't too popular with him as I recall.

I had to read your post twice before I realized that you meant "cat" and not "car".  :rofl:  I had strange thoughts....  ;)

Dan

:lol: :lol:  Fixed.

bull

So far the only problem I've had is the cat walking on the Charger. But generally she's afraid of the garage because the air compressor comes on randomly. My dog never messed with it, but then she would never mess with the mice that stole her food and packed my heater core and decklid with it either.

triple_green

just the neighborhood kids on their bikes who decided to ride their bikes around the charger while it was in the carport. only 3 or 4 feet on each side of the car and left me a few scratches from their handlebars, before I caught them. Thankfully nothing too bad.

I thought this took a lot guts since the carport is at least 60 feet off of the private road infront of our house.....
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

daveco

Never had a pet damage a car I care about, but our Doberman had a go at the front fenders on my Neon.

R/Tree

Marck

Quote from: daveco on December 15, 2011, 04:53:25 PM
Never had a pet damage a car I care about, but our Doberman had a go at the front fenders on my Neon.

Holy.....  :o
Did you rub the fender with bacon or something?!?

moparstuart

Quote from: daveco on December 15, 2011, 04:53:25 PM

He must have needed more iron i his diet   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

daveco

A rodent of some variety sought refuge in the engine bay, Doberman logic dictated removing the fenders for access. :rotz:
R/Tree

Tilar

Quote from: RGA on December 15, 2011, 01:39:50 PM
Half sarcastic. 69 charger grill $1000......... crazy pit bull free........ she's lucky my daughter loves her.

My daughter (if I had one) wouldn't be so lucky. That dog wouldn't make it to suppertime at my house.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Mopar440+6

Quote from: RGA on December 15, 2011, 11:27:30 AMI love my dog but........ She is a 100 lb pit bull and always wants to play, yesterday ran through my garage jumped on my 69 charger grill and shattered it. She almost got shot. It still may happen, haven't calmed down yet. Anyone else had to deal with this ?

I have two APBT's that I'm pretty sure produce as much energy as TMI so I understand your situation. The youngest is a 95lb male who thinks he's a chihuahua and just barrels through everything. His gigantic skull left a nice dent in the quarter panel of my GTO a while back. Neither of them have ever damaged anything as high value as that grille but I've learned that if they do wreck something, its usually my fault. Either I should have put the item away properly, had them on a leash or the most common, simply paid more attention to them. Dogs will be dogs. Take her out and throw a ball or frisbee a couple times a week. They're high energy dogs that need to get the lead out sometimes. You'd be surprised how much difference a couple of minutes of playtime can make...

Quote from: daveco on December 15, 2011, 05:12:59 PMA rodent of some variety sought refuge in the engine bay, Doberman logic dictated removing the fenders for access. :rotz:

Thank you! I NEEDED that laugh after the day I've had.
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Fred

The worst animal (and I use the term loosely) encounter I've ever had is..............bird shit!!  ;D And that's plenty bad enough!

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

bill440rt

Never had a pet attack one of my Chargers, but...

As a little boy I had a pet rabbit, at one time we kept the rabbit's cage in the garage. My mom (all 4-1/2 feet tall of her) had a '72 Caddy Fleetwood at the time which was garage kept. One night the rabbit decided to escape & take residence up in the engine compartment of the Caddy. Next morning my mom comes out to try and start the Caddy. My dad nearly sh*t his pants come to discover the rabbit chewed the crap outta all the underhood wiring!  :flame:  Damn, he was pissed!  :flame: :flame: (Kinda funny looking back at it now.) Could have been MUCH worse if the rabbit stayed in there.  :eek2:
Needless to say the rabbit never stayed in the garage again!  :rofl:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

RallyeMike

There is a reasonably well known NW Mopar parts dealer who once told me that he fed his cat to his guard dogs for simply walking on his Hemi car. I guess he considered it an attack of some kind. It seems to me that an intelligent person knows that cats walk on cars, so keep the cat inside, keep the garage closed up, get a car cover, or don't have a cat. If you screw it up, it's not the cat that deserves punishment! True or not I don't know, but he seemed pretty serious about it. I'm sure I'm not the only one he tried to impress with the story.

:down:

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Fred

These people that feel the necessity to punish other's (in particular animals) for their negligence OR SHOULD I SAY...........JUST PLAIN STUPIDITY deserve to have their hides tanned. I hate bullies of any kind and cruelty to animals is out of the question!! what a bloody MORON!! Don't ever want to meet him.

Arigmaster

daveco

We have actively encouraged our Dobies (and our GSD's) rodent control activities. They get paid 1/2 of a hot dog for a mouse and a whole hot dog for a rat (they both get paid if either one scores).
The trade deal is to discourage them from eating the rodents, it did not take long for them to make the association :drool5:.
Anyway, since it was a working mistake, punishment was a simple scolding. Thankfully, no repeat offenses. :angel:
R/Tree

Fred

Quote from: daveco on December 16, 2011, 12:42:05 AM
We have actively encouraged our Dobies (and our GSD's) rodent control activities. They get paid 1/2 of a hot dog for a mouse and a whole hot dog for a rat (they both get paid if either one scores).
The trade deal is to discourage them from eating the rodents, it did not take long for them to make the association :drool5:.
Anyway, since it was a working mistake, punishment was a simple scolding. Thankfully, no repeat offenses. :angel:

Beautiful story and nice looking dogs  :2thumbs:

Lennard

Quote from: Fred on December 15, 2011, 11:52:15 PM
These people that feel the necessity to punish other's (in particular animals) for their negligence OR SHOULD I SAY...........JUST PLAIN STUPIDITY deserve to have their hides tanned. I hate bullies of any kind and cruelty to animals is out of the question!! what a bloody MORON!! Don't ever want to meet him.
:iagree:
and to the topic starter, your dog does not know if that grill costs $1 or $1000.
It's a dog, you have to think for them! Needles to say that if anyone ever touches my dogs I'd go to prison.

RGA

I like my dog. I treat that dog well, its a part of our family. But in the end it is just a dog, and they come and go. Not a person !!!!! There are some serious issues here on this thread with these animal lovers. ITS JUST A DOG. In the end I did not shoot her.

Finn

Quote from: Lennard on December 16, 2011, 01:43:35 AM
Needles to say that if anyone ever touches my dogs I'd go to prison.
:iagree:

Quote from: RGA on December 16, 2011, 10:01:36 AM
I like my dog. I treat that dog well, its a part of our family. But in the end it is just a dog, and they come and go. Not a person !!!!! There are some serious issues here on this thread with these animal lovers. ITS JUST A DOG. In the end I did not shoot her.

Same could be said about your car.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L