News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

headers glowing red

Started by nvrbdn, December 11, 2011, 09:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctor4766

Well there ya go. Never noticed before
Gotta love a '69

buddybaker

Article in Australian Chrysler Action Magazine (last issue) on the official Chrysler photographer who took these shots of the 265 Hemi 6 Pack with the red glowing headers. He did say even the engineers were a little afraid to go into the test room with the thing screaming at wide open throttle until it went bang. To get the headers to glow they turned off the cooling fans normally in use.

I can tell you from experience that those 265 triple weber 6 packs are very fast and very responsive..........I miss my R/T E38 Chrysler Valiant Charger. 

Bob T

Quote from: buddybaker on January 01, 2012, 08:40:01 AM
Article in Australian Chrysler Action Magazine (last issue) on the official Chrysler photographer who took these shots of the 265 Hemi 6 Pack with the red glowing headers. He did say even the engineers were a little afraid to go into the test room with the thing screaming at wide open throttle until it went bang. To get the headers to glow they turned off the cooling fans normally in use.

I can tell you from experience that those 265 triple weber 6 packs are very fast and very responsive..........I miss my R/T E38 Chrysler Valiant Charger. 

Yeah I reckon mate, I've had two 6packed Vals , a 71 R/T and a 71 VH Pacer, picked off a 440 Charger at the drags with the R/T once, that was fun
Old Dog, Old Tricks.