News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any "new Challenger" owners out there?

Started by billschroeder5842, December 11, 2011, 10:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billschroeder5842

Anybody have one of the "new" Challengers?

I'm thinking about getting my daughter (she is a bit of a car nut too) a college car for her 7 hour drive. Her current BMW 325 is excellent around town but with 138k, I'm a bit leery of letting her take It on a 500 mile ride to school.

So, anybody have experience with the Challenger? I love the look, she loves the look but I'm looking for dependability/reliability.
Texas Proud!

thedodgeboys

I put 50,000 miles on my 09 SRT Challenger and never had it in the shop except for maintenance.

the back is useless for adults and hard to get access to, but you don't drive from the back seat... 

TheAutoArchaeologist

40,000 miles and no issues with the car.  Regular maintenance.  I needed new tires before the last Power Tour.

It is a great car.

Ryan

ChgrSteve67

I bought a 2011 not long ago and its a great car.

With the new Penestar v6 I get over 27 mpg going down the freeway.
With 305 HP its definately got enought poop to spin the tires and haul ass.
I'm not sure if they offer it with the 8 speed tranny or not but that would add another few MPG.

I have had some minor quirks with door handles and the nav system but nothing that affected its reliability.

-Steve

billschroeder5842

Thanks-I'm far more insterested in a Challenger  rather than a boring econo-foreign job. Plus, I get to drive it occasionally!
Texas Proud!

John_Kunkel

I currently have an '09 Challenger SRT8 but I wouldn't recommend it for a go-to-school car, I'd get her a V-6 version or a V-8 R/T.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

moparsons

I have a 2010 SE. ....great car. It may be up for sale soon if you are interested. :cheers:

thedodgeboys

Quote from: billschroeder5842 on December 11, 2011, 01:08:04 PM
Thanks-I'm far more insterested in a Challenger  rather than a boring econo-foreign job. Plus, I get to drive it occasionally!

and then you could do this...
http://youtu.be/HoEyAjVSISU

Chryco Psycho

We have one as well , 2010 R/T 5.7 6 spd awesome car to drive great milage even with the Hemi , no issues with it at all

Rallyecharger

I have a '10 R/T classic and I have to say it is one of the best cars I have driven.
Great handling and performance....good fuel milage too. I highly recommend a Challenger !!

70 Battle Horse

I have had my 2009 R/T since Oct 08...It is hands down the best car I have ever owned, no problems with it , and it still draws attention everywhere I go = even though the design his now 5 model years old!!! Oh yeah chicks dig it too!!!

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

Chatt69chgr

I have a 2009, 6 speed, 5.7.  I like it better than any car I've owned.  A lot of fun to drive.  As mentioned, it gets constant attention.  Even with a V6, is this car the best choice for a freshman female college student away from home the first time?  How about something used thats inconspicuous that you and she won't particularly worry about-----even a foreign make.  In other words---plain brown wrapper.  BUT-----if you want to buy her a nice car, tell her that you will buy her a R/T upon graduation.  Might have to buy before then if you wanted a Challenger since they may end production in 2014.  But you could hold if for her until graduation.  Cars get torn up at college what with commuter lots and most not caring about other peoples property. 

71charger_fan

I've been back in the country since Saturday. I've driven the heck out of my SRT-8 but have yet to even peak under the cover at the '71. However, out on the street, the Charger gets much more attention than the Challenger does.

mopar0166

I have a 10'  rallye se-g and love it as a daily driver.  i have put 37000 in less then a year and have had zero issues.  drives like a dream on the hgh way , in the rain , snow u name it.   of course a little driver skill is needed but for what it is im still excited to drive it every day

TexasStroker

It would be a great car for school...I think the R/T would be the best choice, although it would be hard to go wrong with the SE.

She shouldn't have any issues and about all you have to worry about is it getting typical parking lot scars, which the bmw would also be subject to...

Mine drives and handles great and with those kind of miles she should enjoy mid-to-upper 20s for fuel economy.  Plus if she breaks down there will be no shortage of people willing to stop and help!

If you picked her up a Mopar 10 somehow I'll also put ya'll in on the registry  :coolgleamA:

Can't go wrong...let us know what ya'll come up with!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Charger Aficionado

Charger Aficionado

I just "pulled the trigger" on one.  Sort of a rare one:

Fred

That is to die for! I wish they made them in RHD for us Aussies.  :drool5:
You guys over there are so lucky.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Rolling_Thunder

dude...   u got #392 of the innagural 392 Hemi engine...     I would store that one away    :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on December 16, 2011, 01:57:01 AM
dude...   u got #392 of the innagural 392 Hemi engine...     I would store that one away    :2thumbs:

Daily driver.  May change exhaust.  Sue me. 

thedodgeboys

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on December 16, 2011, 11:37:16 AM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on December 16, 2011, 01:57:01 AM

Daily driver.  May change exhaust.  Sue me. 

That's what they are built for way to go  :2thumbs:

chargerman71

thedodgeboys

Quote from: chargerman71 on December 21, 2011, 08:11:42 AM
How much for the '70 convertable?

who me???? its not for sale but everything has a price LOL... :shruggy:

41husk

I think he is talking about the car in the show room?  I have an 09 SRT8, as for the dependability, I am afraid I can't say.  It just went over 10k miles.  I drive it on nice days whaen I don't get the Daytona or the 70 vert out.  I do enjoy driving it and the newer models or even more passenger friendly.  The 09s driver side seat does not fold to alow passeger entry only the passenger side.  It has the cool factor but different cool than the classics.  I would say your daughter is a very lucky young lady and will enjoy a new challenger.  Probably make her real popular with the boys as well :nana:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

djcarguy

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on December 11, 2011, 12:12:00 PM
I bought a 2011 not long ago and its a great car.

With the new Penestar v6 I get over 27 mpg going down the freeway.
With 305 HP its definately got enought poop to spin the tires and haul ass.
I'm not sure if they offer it with the 8 speed tranny or not but that would add another few MPG.

I have had some minor quirks with door handles and the nav system but nothing that affected its reliability.

-Steve
he does not know or think you have a v6 challenger,or what??????????????