News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need upper Arm or control arm bushing advice

Started by dlo3575, December 06, 2011, 07:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlo3575

I realized after the fact, that the outter shell was still in the upper A rm on my son's 69 Charger.  We are in the middle of a complete suspension rebuild.  All suspension is off and was blasted and powder coated.  The bushing shell have been problematic for me to remove with out damaging the arm.  I own a press and tried pushing it out.  I got it flush and after that I felt uncomfortable proceeding, fearing dmaging the arm, as I eventually did.  I am soliciting ideas......Please let me know if there is a tool.  Since I needd to buy one arm now, I should just buy a pair with the bushing out already and balst and coat them?  Anyone got some A arms for sale for a 69 Charger :icon_smile_dissapprove:
D. Lee Herrera
MOPAR Newbie
1969 Charger (son's)
2009ZR1
2003 50th Anniv. Corvette Convertible
1964 Impala SS Vert
1963 Impala SS 4 spd 327-300HP

elacruze

Use a hacksaw blade to cut a slot in the bushing and try pressing again. If necessary, drive a very small chisel under the edge next to the slot to loosen the sleeve.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

maxwellwedge

You can buy brand new arms now - they are being reproduced and look a lot better than old nasty ones.

Chatt69chgr

maxwellwedge

I get mine from Frank Badalson - all loaded up with the balljoints etc.   There may be some others out there that are cheaper but I trust the stuff Frank and Roger sell.   http://www.rogergibsonautorestoration.com/images/2011_catalog.pdf

471_Magnum

I just used a threaded rod, some large sockets and pipe nipple to cobble up a jack screw. Came right out.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."