News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Leaf springs

Started by larmstrong11, December 02, 2011, 06:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larmstrong11

Hello
another question everyone has been helpful so far and i am very thankful. I have a set of springs with 6 leafs on the left and 7 on the right Ihave cleaned blasted and painted the whole set up with new shoes hardware and cylinders my question is there is a bushing that is in the end of the forward part of the spring does this come in a new bushing kit from PST where i am trying to order a suspension kit but i dont want to order the wrong kit. also what did these spring originally come out of. the other chargers i have use 6 and 5 leafs. thanks for any info

elacruze

Can you find a part number stamped on the springs?
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

larmstrong11

hello
left side 2539795   right side 2539965

elacruze

I find those numbers as A12 Roadrunner springs-if that's so and they're particular to that car, they're somewhat valuable.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

68RRFlyer

The 7 leaf is actually 5 with two half leaves.  Those are standard RT springs, Hemi springs, 440-6 springs, whatever you want to call them.  Part of the S15 Suspension package.   Nothing overly rare, and usually found on all RT cars.  A good set of springs none the less. :2thumbs:

Cheers :cheers: 
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1964 Corvette Convertible
1949 Chevy 3100

larmstrong11

thanks for that info i m going to use them and buy the correct suspension kit This forum has been a great help in my restoration i am going to try to get some pics up tommorrow... Again thanks for the help

Ghoste

Found on RT's, GTX, Super Bee and Road Runners as standard equipment during the heyday of the musclecars.

bull

I would contact Frank Badalson at http://www.rogergibsonautorestoration.com/index.htm He's pretty well versed on this stuff.

hemi68charger

Here's mine when I restored them for my '68.. "68's where natural. Starting in '69, they were painted black......... Got my kit from Frank as well......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

maxwellwedge

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 05, 2011, 11:34:28 AM
Here's mine when I restored them for my '68.. "68's where natural. Starting in '69, they were painted black......... Got my kit from Frank as well......

Cool AB!

FYI  -  The painted black thing is not set in stone....You could have them natural or black....no rhyme nor reason, timeline, body style etc.

larmstrong11

Nice job they look great I didnt disassemble mine all the way and painted them black car was painted last week and starting to look good (hemi orange) wasnt sure about the color but it looks good. love all the info and discuusion about charger on this site

maxwellwedge

Looks like a one beer job!  :lol: