News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Up and don't it now....

Started by Cooter, November 30, 2011, 12:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

Went junkin' the other day and stumbled upon this POS. MAde an offer and now I'm the "Proud"? owner...

1937 Chevy truck. (Or what's left of it). Gonna be Chrysler powered, with a 4-speed. Obnoxiously loud, Long duration Solid lift cam, Maybe a tunnel ram and some huge rear tires, Once the Challenger is done of course. The best part? No matter how "Hacked"/"Cheesy", etc. my work, it probably be considered "Legit"...

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

It'll be nice to se a Chevy hot rod powered by a Chrysler.  I'm glad you are using your powers for good and not evil. ;)

Cooter

And NO the engine will NOT have plug wires through the damn valve covers either. IMO, that's worse than dumping a SBC in it. :D
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

elacruze

Quote from: Cooter on November 30, 2011, 12:55:45 PM
And NO the engine will NOT have plug wires through the damn valve covers either. IMO, that's worse than dumping a SBC in it. :D

I dunno, an early Hemi would be cool and not so expensive.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

4cruzin

Not sure I would be proud to own that . . . but I will wait and watch for it to come together.   :yesnod:   Impress me!   :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Ghoste

Especially if it were a little Dodge or DeSoto Hemi.

RallyeMike

Looks pretty solid. Good score.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Back N Black

WOW! throw a battery in that thing and take her for a spin. :2thumbs:

Finn

Put candles in the headlight buckets and hang it on the wall till you're ready to start.  :icon_smile_cool:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

68neverlate

Make sure to hit the studs... that front end looks heavy!     :D      :nana:

Cooter

Quote from: 4cruzin on November 30, 2011, 01:19:00 PM
Not sure I would be proud to own that . . . but I will wait and watch for it to come together.   :yesnod:   Impress me!   :2thumbs:

Kinda thinking along these lines...Without the blown BBC of course, but maybe Tunnel ram and twin 650 Holleys on a 440.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIEztbhcG1g

Kern Dog

The title of this post makes no sense. Maybe you need to be a "Southerner" to get it?

Fred

Geez..............you've got your work cut out for you.   :popcrn:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Cooter

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on December 07, 2011, 11:07:18 PM
The title of this post makes no sense. Maybe you need to be a "Southerner" to get it?

For whatever reason, the link didn't post up?? Musta been a "Yankee" thing?

rt green

what do pos's go for these days? looks like a cool project
third string oil changer

Cooter

Well, with the current "Me too--Rat Rod---Gotta jump on the bandwagon" craze, I've seen these bodies get over $1500.00 for what i bought here for $300.00....

Course, it took me this long and even then, it fell in my lap practically. That's how I've gotten all my rides. Someone else's junk after the craze has passed by. A day late and a Dollar short.

bull

Quote from: elacruze on November 30, 2011, 01:16:42 PM
Quote from: Cooter on November 30, 2011, 12:55:45 PM

I dunno, an early Hemi would be cool and not so expensive.

Unless you have to rebuild it.

bobs66440

Nice score. Those Chevy trucks look nice when done and sitting right.  :2thumbs:

Cooter

Just doing a few things to preserve it and it didn't cost me nothin'

jaak

jaak

All your smart ass remarks make no sense. Maybe you need to have "little man syndrome" to get it?

Jason

greenpigs

Quote from: jaak on December 19, 2011, 08:53:01 PM

All your smart ass remarks make no sense. Maybe you need to have "little man syndrome" to get it?

Jason

I have noticed that also & I don't get on here much either.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

rt green

up north here that would sell for far more than that. keep us posted
third string oil changer

Benji

I've seen a 1958 Chebbie Impala with a 392 first gen hemi in it at several car shows this summer.

Benji

Cooter

Been Busy..

The kid bought a wrecked '89 GT, minus engine/trans for his '93 LX....

Finally got my Carb for the Challenger's 440 modded and done.. Flows around 770 CFM now.