News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally uploaded pics of the 2nd 66 wingcar wannabe

Started by Ghoste, November 27, 2011, 12:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

All the recent talk lately about wingcar clones and wannabes reminded me that I was supposed to find pics of this one I saw last summer.  This is not the same as the one that made the rounds a few years ago.

DAY CLONA

I'm diggin the long-ram....nice set-up

Actually the 66-67 fastback Chargers kind of lend themselves to a wing,...nosecone no, wing yes, but not something I'd do to my car

maxwellwedge

I am a big fan of that induction set-up as well. The engineering going on during that era was groundbreaking for the time....and in your face as well. The air cleaners look like they wouldn't keep a Lawn Boy running though... :lol:

The rest of the car....I dunno.... :scratchchin:     Not hating it - not loving it

moparstuart

i like it   :2thumbs:   i love the mustang style scoopes on the sail panels  , that was the idea i had to use for quintins car .  
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ChgrSteve67

Cool Charger
I like the cross ram intake
Can't say I care for the dash setup and all of the gauges.

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 27, 2011, 09:15:44 AM
I am a big fan of that induction set-up as well. The engineering going on during that era was groundbreaking for the time....and in your face as well. The air cleaners look like they wouldn't keep a Lawn Boy running though... :lol:

The rest of the car....I dunno.... :scratchchin:     Not hating it - not loving it
Here is my Daytona with rams on it.  They fit.   After cutting the hood and R wheel... :slap:
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

65post

Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

histoy

The long ram intakes look cool, but they would sure be a PITA when it comes time to change the valve cover gaskets.

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: histoy on November 27, 2011, 02:57:07 PM
The long ram intakes look cool, but they would sure be a PITA when it comes time to change the valve cover gaskets.
Actually pretty simple.  To do one valve cover:  4 bolts, 2 fuel lines, linkage clips, equalizer tube and coil wire and coil wiring and she is off.    4 more nuts on a factory ram car   
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

1st Wing

thehemikid

This is my first post sense I joined a pretty good while ago, didn't realize it was that long :P

Anyway, Back in the mid to late 80's while I was working on an outage for TVA at Paducah Ky.,I saw a red 66-7 Charger with a wing on it at a muffler shop there in town. I stopped & talked to the guy that owned it,  he worked there at the shop. He lived idk maybe 30 miles south & showed me one of his ply arrows.  I was thinking at the time of building a lite weight street racer. The orange Charger above reminded me a lot of it. Kinda forgot about it till I saw your pic.  That looks good.

djcarguy

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on November 27, 2011, 09:59:20 AM
Cool Charger
I like the cross ram intake
Can't say I care for the dash setup and all of the gauges.

THIS POST SURE CAUGHT ME OFF?  WAS READING IT AS NEW THREAD ,THEN THERES STEVE....FUN POST BOUT DASH I GOT A LAUGH :smilielol: :smilielol: :2thumbs:

pettybird

Quote from: 1st Wing on January 26, 2013, 12:02:53 AM
Our 66, 1st Wing

Are you still displaying that horribly misinforming 'story' involving Pointer and others?

odcics2

Quote from: pettybird on January 26, 2013, 09:20:52 AM
Our 66, 1st Wing

Are you still displaying that horribly misinforming 'story' involving Pointer and others?

If repeated enough, it becomes true, like other wing car stories!    :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Lighthorseman

I think the fastback style of the first generation Chargers lends itself really nicely to the wing.   :2thumbs:  I like it...but agree with Dayclona (Mike?) - I don't think a nosecone would work.

Ghoste

No I can't picture one with a nose cone either.  I can envision it with something more akin to the Ford aero treatment though.

Aero426

Quote from: odcics2 on January 26, 2013, 10:19:41 AM
Quote from: pettybird on January 26, 2013, 09:20:52 AM
Our 66, 1st Wing

If repeated enough, it becomes true, like other wing car stories!    :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

He should get Bobby Allison to sign off on it.   Take it to Mecum or Russo Steele to sell.    They might be dumb enough to believe it. 

Ghoste

For a fee they are definitely willing to play dumb.

odcics2

For a nose to look "ok" on a 66, I think you'd have to start drooping the fenders over the wheels.
As is, the front is too squared off.    George Barris - we have a job for you!
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

mauve66

CRAP< HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!!!!!!

now don't get me wrong, i love the look of a wing on a first gen but dammit
when i first saw the orange car from SD i thought, "well, ok, he beat me to it, i can still do mine differently and not be a poser"

and now there are 2 :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode:
before i get done with Mary how many will there be??

alright, now to be different i have to start designing a nose cone that still intergrates the hide-a-way lights and look of the grill
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

thehemikid

If the one I saw in the late 80's is not one of those 2, & still around, that would make 4 including yours. :Twocents:

Its got me wondering if I took a pic back in the day.

moparstuart

I like this one the best    :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :nana:

BigBlockSam

hey mauve66, you did something right that those other cars didn't . do you know what that is?   :nana:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 26, 2013, 03:13:08 PM
hey mauve66, you did something right that those other cars didn't . do you know what that is?   :nana:
:shruggy: aluminum hollow wing  :shruggy:

Ghoste

Didn't add the Shelby Mustang scoop on the C pillar?  (and I don't know that its right or wrong just that its the only thing I spot different)