News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard Carz on Velocity?

Started by bakerhillpins, November 21, 2011, 12:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramit

Great show...I can't wait to see more!!

Dino

I have HD but I think there's this extra package with a few HD channels that we had for a year or so but then was dropped.  I'll have to check the Dish website.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

7chargers

Well I waited all day to watch the new Graveyard Carz.. I have to say I was pretty disapointed :icon_smile_dissapprove: Way, Way to much drama and talking and only about 5 mins of cars in the whole hour. It could be a great show if they showed working on the  carz instead of talking about some of the stupid stuff they did....  Alot of great MOPARS they have as projects and in there yard by the shop but I dont watch to listen to bickering I watch to see the cars.. Oh well I give it a D... Maybe it will get better :shruggy:

Dino

Quote from: 7chargers on June 15, 2012, 11:35:52 AM
Well I waited all day to watch the new Graveyard Carz.. I have to say I was pretty disapointed :icon_smile_dissapprove: Way, Way to much drama and talking and only about 5 mins of cars in the whole hour. It could be a great show if they showed working on the  carz instead of talking about some of the stupid stuff they did....  Alot of great MOPARS they have as projects and in there yard by the shop but I dont watch to listen to bickering I watch to see the cars.. Oh well I give it a D... Maybe it will get better :shruggy:

Just what I needed to hear.  I won't be missing anything, I'm sick to death of all the drama on tv.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Dino on June 15, 2012, 11:37:13 AM
Well I waited all day to watch the new Graveyard Carz.. I have to say I was pretty disapointed :icon_smile_dissapprove: Way, Way to much drama and talking and only about 5 mins of cars in the whole hour. It could be a great show if they showed working on the  carz instead of talking about some of the stupid stuff they did....  Alot of great MOPARS they have as projects and in there yard by the shop but I dont watch to listen to bickering I watch to see the cars.. Oh well I give it a D... Maybe it will get better :shruggy:

Just what I needed to hear.  I won't be missing anything, I'm sick to death of all the drama on tv.

I for one would like to see you give them a bit more of a shot than just dissing it all someone else' opinion.   :2thumbs:   :Twocents:

FYI -This has already been hashed out in previous threads.  :cheers: The host, Mark, responds as well. Would be nice to see him come back and chat with us.. I am not a big fan of the drama either  :eek2: but they move to more car stuff later. I believe Mark made the statement that the intent was to do more character intro in the first ones. Yea, whatever.  :-\

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,68664.0.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,75589.0.html

The first show seems to be gleaned from the pilots that were posted on the web. I suspect some of the old web content that vanished will return now that the show has premiered. You may be able to view the episodes online as well.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Dino

If they become available online I'll give them a shot but I don't have high hopes.  I'm really really tired of all the drama, I just want to see them fix cars and shut up as much as possible!   :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

Quote from: bakerhillpins on June 15, 2012, 11:57:49 AM
Quote from: Dino on June 15, 2012, 11:37:13 AM
Well I waited all day to watch the new Graveyard Carz.. I have to say I was pretty disapointed :icon_smile_dissapprove: Way, Way to much drama and talking and only about 5 mins of cars in the whole hour. It could be a great show if they showed working on the  carz instead of talking about some of the stupid stuff they did....  Alot of great MOPARS they have as projects and in there yard by the shop but I dont watch to listen to bickering I watch to see the cars.. Oh well I give it a D... Maybe it will get better :shruggy:

Just what I needed to hear.  I won't be missing anything, I'm sick to death of all the drama on tv.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
I for one would like to see you give them a bit more of a shot than just dissing it all someone else' opinion.   :2thumbs:   :Twocents:

FYI -This has already been hashed out in previous threads.  :cheers: The host, Mark, responds as well. Would be nice to see him come back and chat with us.. I am not a big fan of the drama either  :eek2: but they move to more car stuff later. I believe Mark made the statement that the intent was to do more character intro in the first ones. Yea, whatever.  :-\

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,68664.0.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,75589.0.html

The first show seems to be gleaned from the pilots that were posted on the web. I suspect some of the old web content that vanished will return now that the show has premiered. You may be able to view the episodes online as well.

:cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

Quote from: Dino on June 15, 2012, 12:06:48 PM
If they become available online I'll give them a shot but I don't have high hopes.  I'm really really tired of all the drama, I just want to see them fix cars and shut up as much as possible!   :icon_smile_big:
If you like mopars your most likely never going to get another chance to watch an all mopar restoration show on TV  , we should over look the antics and support theses guys so the show stays on .   :Twocents:

Dino

I see your point Stuart.  If it's more resto, less drame I'll watch.  If I can vote somewhere to keep it on the air for other fans then I'd do it.  Doesn't mean I have to watch it myself.

I just wish there'd be a show that was all technical, no drama, no time frame, just how to's.  Mopar or not, don't really care as it's applicable to most cars.
I know this rubs people the wrong way but I'm not the biggest mopar fan out there, except for the Charger I don't think any really are on my wish list.

SRT-440

Cool cars...not a very good show tho. Maybe it will get better...I can't wrap my head around why he was hunting down a car for a newborn grandchild.  :shruggy:
More cars and less bs...
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

ramit

Personally I don't understand what you guys mean by all of the drama.   It just seemed as if Mark was just giving the guys a hard time once in a while but once you realize he is kind of a smartass it's pretty funny. It didn't seem as if they created any drama just for the show like a lot of these kinds of shows.   I think it's nice to know the backgrounds of these guys and not have it be all "technical".   I think they appeal to a larger market when its not 60 minutes of them replacing an intake manifold or something.  I might be in the minority but the all "technical" shows get kind of old after a while too.  My wife enjoys watching alot of these shows with me but gets lost and bored watching "Car Fix", "Gearz"  and all of those other techy shows.   Like someone else said earlier,  this is probably the only time you will ever see a show about an all Mopar restoration shop on tv. 

7chargers

Don't take me the wrong way I'm all about supporting our fellow MOPAR hobbiest! And I didnt say I wouldnt watch another episode if they have it on a again, I just enjoy the cars more than the talking...  I just hope it gets more involved with the cars and i will leave it at that!

BrianShaughnessy

It was a good start IMHO.

There will never be anything that can please everybody....   even if this show was called Graveyard Chargers and only featured resurrecting 66-74's
about half the people here would still bich & moan.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

moparstuart

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on June 16, 2012, 10:06:41 AM
It was a good start IMHO.

There will never be anything that can please everybody....   even if this show was called Graveyard Chargers and only featured resurrecting 66-74's
about half the people here would still bich & moan.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Budnicks

I.M.O It was just "OK", at least it's a show about Mopars... Hopefully it will show a good light on the Mopar Entusiast.... I will hold the rest of my opinions until, I see a couple more episodes, Hopefully they will improve vastly... I guess it takes a while to develop the characters & other reality show B.S...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

moparstuart

Quote from: Budnicks on June 18, 2012, 02:04:15 PM
I.M.O It was just "OK", at least it's a show about Mopars... Hopefully it will show a good light on the Mopar Entusiast.... I will hold the rest of my opinions until, I see a couple more episodes, Hopefully they will improve vastly... I guess it takes a while to develop the characters & other reality show B.S...
Mark has worked realy hard pitching this show to all the car friendly networks .  I really like mark and get his quirky sense of humor , he was gettin frustated with trying to get all the networks to give this show a chance .  So he made this   .   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://vimeo.com/13110865

bakerhillpins

96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

Budnicks

That fake Ransom video is strange, to say the least, kind of funny, he's {Mark} a want to be actor, that's for sure, I guess he'll do anything to promote his show... Hopefully it does well, at least it's about Mopar's & some of the characters, that have to deal with them, we need all the positive spin we can get, but we'll see soon enough, if it will make the cut or not, hopefully for them/him it will...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

GYC Undertaker

Hi Gang,

I had to re-sign up as I had forgotten my username and password from a while back. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for at least giving us a shot. I know there are a lot of car folks that were hoping for more work on our beloved Mopars in the first few episodes. I did focus on developing character in those first few episodes so i know they lack the car content. Be sure that I have never made a TV show before this and have learned a great deal. My dream was to bring our Mopars into every home possible and share why we love them so much. I felt that doing that for us car folks and Mopar lovers would be fairly easy, but to get housewives, mothers, kids, grandparents, etc to watch would take a little different spin.

Bear with the show, you will see that by episode 4 we are going hard on our cars and you will be along for the ride. We had great response for the most part on our debut and considering it had the ability to air in 14 million homes, that's a good thing. Velocity wrote us specifically to say we did very well in the ratings so I am hoping my strategy is working. If we can make GYC a show that highlights Mopars but is also entertaining to the masses, how cool would that be to us Mopar lovers.

As some of you know I am currently restoring Tom Partridges Daytona here in Season II and it's really going to be a beauty. I will be posting pictures soon so you can all watch some progress on her.

Thank you again to everyone here for watching and staying tuned...I know you will love GYC in the episodes to come! Mopar or No Car!

~Mark Worman

bakerhillpins

Mark

Good to see you here again!  Your old user name is Graveyard Carz
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=9752

There is also a GYC thread going in the Aero section.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,92389.0.html

Happy to hear that the ratings are good on Velocity!!   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

GYC Undertaker

Thank you sir! Glad to be back and thank you for the reminder. I thought that was it so I sent a "forgot password" to the host and it came back that Graveyard Carz didn't exist. So, I figured it was easier to start over:).

Take care

moparstuart

moparstuart

hey mark can you give us any info at all about the superbird or A-12 coming up ?????

thedodgeboys

Hey Mark GYC Undertaker I think we should all get free swag for watching season 1  :coolgleamA:

Season 2 better be really good buddy,  :slap: I do want your show to continue.

Sgtwallace

Mark, my wife and I are loving the show so far!  We were already fans of "Wheeler Dealer".  Your show has beat them out already.  (Mopars and the personal interaction between your employees is great).  The personalities remind my wife of a couple of my co-workers and myself. (SWAT Snipers are kinda headcases I guess ;))

Keep up the good work!

Richard.
Welcome to Des Moines, this is what death is like...