News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how to restore this part.. wiper related

Started by 69 charger man, January 19, 2006, 05:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 charger man

hey... i was wondering how to take this wiper mechanism apart to restore it ...both of mine are froze/stuck and thats prob why my wipers didnt work very well at all... thanks, because i do not want to break em lol...
-ray

Just 6T9 CHGR

Ray those are the wiper pivots and they come apart very easily.

The shafts are retained in the housings by C-Clips below the knurled section...remove the clips and remove the shafts.  Since yours are frozen you might want to put some penetrating oil down the shafts first.

The wiper pivot seal kit from Schumacher comes complete with instructions. The thing I likes about their kit was the fact that it comes with grease fittings that you drill into the aluminum pieces of the housings to grease the shafts.

http://www.engine-swaps.com/
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69 charger man

thanks.. your the best... the problem with mine were the c clips were non exitsent (?sp?), but i got em apart anyways..
-many thanks ray

Shakey

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 19, 2006, 06:43:30 PM
Ray those are the wiper pivots and they come apart very easily.

The shafts are retained in the housings by C-Clips below the knurled section...remove the clips and remove the shafts.  Since yours are frozen you might want to put some penetrating oil down the shafts first.

The wiper pivot seal kit from Schumacher comes complete with instructions. The thing I likes about their kit was the fact that it comes with grease fittings that you drill into the aluminum pieces of the housings to grease the shafts.

http://www.engine-swaps.com/

I didn't realize the pivots could be disassembled.  I'll get to that this weekend.  Before I get started - are the c-clips re-usable?

Now, as far as the grease fittings - does anyone have a photo of these?

Where on the pivot did you install them?

Some photos would be great.  Also, if anyone has the instructions that were supplied with the Schumacher kit, can you scan them in and post them please.

Thanks in advance.