News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

End of Year Cruise of Northern CA w/ VIDEO

Started by 68X426, November 20, 2011, 10:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

Back in October I shot some video of a short portion of a cruise in the Mother Lode region of Northern California. Called the "Wine and Walnuts" Cruise, it is organized by Bill Adams (a member here) with help from friends like Rich in Murphys. This was the third year for the all day event.

A group of about 30 classic cars cruise thru the back roads, starting in Oakdale, cruise to a winery in Calaveras County, lunch in Murphys, cruise to the California 1897 Railtown State Museum in Jamestown, and finish with a big BBQ in Bill's walnut orchard. Hence the name "Wine and Walnuts".

The group includes lots of awesome Mopars, with a few brand x folks enjoying it too. Numerous participants are members here too. They'll recognize their cars. The video is just a few minutes long, sort of a parade out on the open road. It was fun to make, it's my first effort so be kind, hope everyone enjoys.

Dan.

http://youtu.be/UEeLguXhGKU

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Dans 68

Thanks for posting that, Dan. I didn't see any Chargers in the video...am I mistaken?  ;)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Bob T

Hey, well , I thought it was a pretty good first effort with the Cars & cool retro type graphics and wiggles
Nice one  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

68X426

Quote from: Dans 68 on November 21, 2011, 12:19:46 AM
Thanks for posting that, Dan. I didn't see any Chargers in the video...am I mistaken?  ;)

Dan

There are no Chargers because you can't find one for hundreds of miles. It's sad. They are truly rare around here.

That's why I posted this in the Car Guys section, not Charger.

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

twodko

Come hell or high water, I'm there next year! The smell of high octane, walnuts(?) and BBQ'd dead animal flesh are my kind of fun.
I really enjoyed that vid Dan, give yourself more credit. See how the 70's and 80's influenced your creativity! You only get to do those wipes, dissolves and flown credits if you're lit!  :D :D :D
Dan did you create all the effects in the camera after the fact or did you use laptop vid editing software?

Oh yeah......I'll def be there next year WITH the Charger! Good stuff Bro. There is no place like gold country - Gawd's country.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

tan top

:2thumbs: thanks for posting  :cheers: !!  looks like  there were some nice cars there  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

AirborneSilva

Oakdale!  I grew up in Oakdale, man I miss that area. 

68X426

Quote from: twodko on November 21, 2011, 11:33:25 AM
Dan did you create all the effects in the camera after the fact or did you use laptop vid editing software?

My inner Spielberg was discovered!

The effects are after the filming. I just kept experimenting with Windows Movie Maker and the raw video. Tough part was to get the credits timed correctly and capture all the music. Also most of what I shot that day was poor quality, only those couple minutes on the bridge were ok.

Best part is that I love Social D. and finally had a chance to put visuals with a great tune.

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Budnicks

:hah: I like it, I do know those roads & places, ha ha, there are more  :drool5: Mopars  :2thumbs: up here than I was aware of, yours is the only 1 of those cars, I've ever seen up here so far though  :shruggy:... It would have been better to me accompanied with some Motown or Buffalo Springfield or era vintage music... good job though DAN...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: twodko on November 21, 2011, 11:33:25 AM
Come hell or high water, I'm there next year! The smell of high octane, walnuts(?) and BBQ'd dead animal flesh are my kind of fun.
I really enjoyed that vid Dan, give yourself more credit. See how the 70's and 80's influenced your creativity! You only get to do those wipes, dissolves and flown credits if you're lit!  :D :D :D

Oh yeah......I'll def be there next year WITH the Charger! Good stuff Bro. There is no place like gold country - Gawd's country.
Hell I live here in the Sonora Mother Load area & I didn't even hear or see anything about it tell now...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks