News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Did this ever happen to you?

Started by G-man, November 19, 2011, 05:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

Hi,

Last night I turned my Charger on to warm it up to go home from church, was about 7:45pm. As it was warming up and me giving it a little bit of accelerator to help, this lady across the road opened her house window and continued...

"THE F**K YOU MAKING NOISE FOR YOU PIECE OF S**T MOTHER F****R, F**K YOU IM TRYING TO PUT MY KIDS TO SLEEP YOU PIECE S**T WORTHLESS F***ING IDIOT, TUUUUUUURN IT OFF F**KING PIECE OF S**T"

as she slammed her window.

Is it against the law to drive a muscle car at night?

Felt bad because we had other church people there including the Pastor, and since I am new to this church as we just moved up here, it was like producing commotion they didn't have before... awkward I tell you. Luckily the Pastor laughed a little and said "look if she comes here, just apologize". She didn't, but still, felt awkward.

A383Wing

it's probably that time of the month over there

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

tan top

Quote from: A383Wing on November 19, 2011, 05:29:34 PM
it's probably that time of the month over there

just what i thought  , reading it   :shruggy:

all the same thats well out of order !!  she shown what she is really like  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bull

I think it's safe to say she may have overreacted. ;) It's also pretty safe to say she wasn't too happy before you revved your V8 so I wouldn't feel too bad. People usually don't come uncorked that easy so there is something else going on in her life. Probably a single mom working two jobs and going to school with a deadbeat ex-husband who's nine months behind on child support payments.

elacruze

I don't go to church so my response to her would have been somewhat different.  :scratchchin:
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

jb666

Quote from: elacruze on November 19, 2011, 06:16:55 PM
I don't go to church so my response to her would have been somewhat different.  :scratchchin:

BINGO.

I'd have fired up the chain saw and given her a REAL reason to bitch.. I love people like that. Unless it was 3AM she had NO right to talk to you that way.

dkn1997

Pastor or not, you should have tossed it in gear and restriped the church parking lot while giving her the one gun salute
RECHRGED

b5blue

I've been on both sides of that fence.
  I moved into a condo apt. and ended up having the association tell me my 79 Datsun pickup was banned per their "regulations". Nice truck in A-1 shape but "OH no you got to park it off the property" and walk the mile (Literally) in grounds to your home. So I traded it in on a TR-7 with an "Abbarth" fart cannon type exhaust system, kinda loud. I woke the whole place up at 6AM every morning and of course had to rev it up till it warmed up to boot. Every morning some old bat cam out in her Moo Moo and fuzzy slippers to cuss and shake her fist at me. One morning I offered to let her buy me a new stock exhaust system and explained to her about the truck and how NOW I had payments to make....after that she calmed down quite a bit.
  Fast forward 6 years. I'm living in a single story triplex, married, 3 toddlers and a neighbor who has a day care running out of her apt. next to mine. Every morning this A-Hole pulls up in a Trans Am with his headlights left on 3 feet outside my bedroom window (again literally) lighting up the entire room and leaving the car running wile unpacking his kids. (A danger of it getting kicked into gear!)The pisser is there are 8 free parking spots and he is on a section of the lot for walking to the sidewalk, not a parking spot. After asking nicely he got in my face. Really..REALLY...? The next AM I was waiting...with Carol, the lady running the daycare. She and I walked up and he was told don't get out, just leave, never return, keep your kids and money.
  The moral is good neighbors are priceless, go and talk to her respectfully. My neighbor here fusses at me if I don't use my Charger, she likes the sound in the morning, she's 74 and said it brings back memory's! (Plus we are tight and know we have each others back) Getting them kids down to sleep is a special time for Mom. It's the start of her time, try to be understanding. Let her know your car is your passion and your there if she ever needs you.  :2thumbs: 

jb666

That can work.. Or it can backfire.  A couple of years back I had an issue with a renter, in the house next to mine, flying up on the sidewalk with his rice-rocket to pull in front of his house.. I asked him if he'd mind taking it under 100 when he goes by my front walkway. That didn't go well. Needless to say, after his 4th flat, he stopped flying down the curb...

Just make sure she doesn't get so pissed she starts littering your driveway with roofing nails...

G-man

I do believe I accidently Revd the engine a bit too far once as it screamed up and came back down... I think that was when the cursing started  :lol:

Either way, I would not go there for any explanations, far as I know she could be on drugs which to me explains the mental attitude. Things like this I learned to leave and forget cause it very much can result in more cursing and issues where the car might be under threat. Let her cool off, and ignore, that is the safest.

Either way, new day, new drives... awesome.

Fred

Apologise?  what ever for? she should be apologising to you for all that foul language.   :Twocents:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

67440chrg

I drive my Charger to church about ones a month in good weather including last week.  I have never had a problem. Around the house I wait til 8am or so to fire it up. a couple times a year we have a show far away that starts early and I start it and drive off soon after. I have never had problems. My neighbors think I'm white trash and are afraid to say much to me anyway. I would ignore it and laugh it off.

freddyd02

The second she started yelling i woulda revved the engine more and held my hand to my ear saying "what?? I cant hear you!" :D

ChgrSteve67

You're definately going to hell upsetting that poor woman like that.

Repent now and ship me you Charger and all will be forgiven ensuring your place in Gods kingdom.

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: Fred on November 19, 2011, 11:34:43 PM
Apologise?  what ever for? she should be apologising to you for all that foul language.   :Twocents:

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

G-man

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on November 20, 2011, 12:23:27 AM
You're definately going to hell upsetting that poor woman like that.

Repent now and ship me you Charger and all will be forgiven ensuring your place in Gods kingdom.

I'm not catholic. I don't believe in paying my way there, and thatis good cause I couldn't afford it.  :angel:

Tilar

Quote from: b5blue on November 19, 2011, 07:04:57 PM
try to be understanding. Let her know your car is your passion and your there if she ever needs you.  :2thumbs: 

I'd be real careful with that one, We don't know what she looks like.   
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

41husk

That is a bone stock 383 with new mufflers.  I would say she is lucky you diddn't buy the WannaBee ;D
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Patronus

go back and smash her pumpkins  :shruggy:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

G-man

Quote from: 41husk on November 20, 2011, 08:30:56 PM
That is a bone stock 383 with new mufflers.  I would say she is lucky you diddn't buy the WannaBee ;D

I think I am lucky in that case  :lol:

Quote from: Patronus on November 20, 2011, 11:55:35 PM
go back and smash her pumpkins  :shruggy:

If she had any, I would take them to eat... mmmmmmm pumpkin roasted in the oven with rosemary and garlic...  :drool5:

six-tee-nine

Well The lady overreacted for sure and I would drive of with ALOT of noise and smoking tires......

HOWEVER........ I have two little girls myself who still need to sleep during the day. And its pretty annoying to have a neighbour like me who ALWAYS feels the need to mow his lawn 2 times a week exactly when the kids are asleep.
I understand that when you boil over you mostly overreact, however you still need to try react calm......
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

tan top

Quote from: Tilar on November 20, 2011, 05:31:05 AM
Quote from: b5blue on November 19, 2011, 07:04:57 PM
try to be understanding. Let her know your car is your passion and your there if she ever needs you.  :2thumbs: 

I'd be real careful with that one, We don't know what she looks like.   

:o  yeah good thinking  :scared:

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

Nice to know she understands the importance of ensuring a good and peaceful night's sleep for her little angels.  That and the importance of a wildly overdone potty mouth in case they ever get to appear with her on Springer.

Cooter

WOW! And I'M the Wanna be "Badass" here... Hmmmm, there seems to alot of badasses here that clearly don't know an overeacting, mad-at-the -world, had-a-bad-day, beeyotch when they see one and just drive away.

All driving off mad,spinning tires allows to happen is one the cops are called next time, or people to get even by harming a poor, innocent Charger. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, wore it out, and now use it to polish the cars...Just apologize for disrupting her night and move on. Who knows how many have gone before with Fart cannons, shooting, etc. causing alot of it to come down on your head all at once.

Of course, if this didn't work, then I'd find another Church..Sooner or later, you too will be confronted with this type situation and will feel the need to "Let someone have it" after you've delt with it enough. What's gonna happen next time if you actually confront here? Guns come out? Shoot-em-up? right in front of the sleeping kids?

People are walking round in this world ticking time bombs. All it takes is the slightest little cut off in traffic, or the smallest noise when kids are trying to sleep after a LONG, hard day at the office of taking "The mans" sh&t, and someone ends up dead over stupid sh*t...I've stared down the barrel of a S&W and it's very humbling.....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"