News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Garage

Started by elacruze, November 18, 2011, 10:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elacruze

Moving right along...

Somebody got the wall wrong, the winders are supposed to be high enough that you can't look in from outside, so I got a poured tie-beam for free!
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

elacruze

Didn't realize I'd fallen behind. I'll take current photos tomorrow.

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
---

Fred

I can see there's plenty of height for a hoist. Are you planning on one?

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

elacruze

Quote from: Fred on December 29, 2011, 07:57:15 PM

Yes, but not immediately.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
---

Fred

Quote from: elacruze on December 29, 2011, 08:49:32 PM
Quote from: Fred on December 29, 2011, 07:57:15 PM

Yes, but not immediately.

Made a big mistake not thinking about a hoist when I built my second garage. Something I will always regret.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

RIDELIKEHELL

Awesome! I'd love to have that climate here right now! Weather is slowing things down again :'(

:cheers: Man!
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

elacruze

Latest-Stucco finished, electrician comes tomorrow.

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
---

Steve P.

Is there enough ceiling height for a lift?? It looks like the peek is only 11 feet or so..  :scratchchin:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

elacruze

Quote from: Steve P. on January 10, 2012, 05:01:58 PM
Is there enough ceiling height for a lift?? It looks like the peek is only 11 feet or so..  :scratchchin:

The peak is 11', so if I put a lift in I'll have about 5' under the car...not perfect but I couldn't go 15'.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
---

Steve P.

You'll need a comfortable chair on wheels to sit in while working under the car.. hahaha.. Hey, what ever works!!!    ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

nvrbdn

the garage is lookin great. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

twodko

The finish is really nice looking. Is it stucco......exterior plaster? It should be nice and cool in there too using masonry construction. Good stuff.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

472 R/T SE

Is there a limit between your home & the property line?  Up here it's 5', & they stack 'em on top of each other at that.

Lookin' good man.  I'm envious.  I could hook you up on that chair with wheels.  That height would be perfect for me.   ;)

elacruze

Stucco, yes concrete paste over block. Impact rated windows and Dade County spec doors-all required. I put the windows up high so any ...unauthorized... passersby can't just look in, and they don't open, for security. Plus being high they'll add light when the power is out lol. I don't know when or if I'll get a lift, but I'll have shelf space high enough not to interfere with getting the car inside.
I'll insulate the roof with Styro/alum.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
---

Steve P.

Many insulation companies bought and built special trucks for spraying FOAM INSULATION during the building boom. Now these trucks are sitting eating money. I would call around and see what kind of deal they will make to spray it. NOTHING insulates like foam. It closes EVERY LITTLE NITCH AND GAP...   :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

elacruze

Quote from: Steve P. on January 10, 2012, 11:55:23 PM
Many insulation companies bought and built special trucks for spraying FOAM INSULATION during the building boom. Now these trucks are sitting eating money. I would call around and see what kind of deal they will make to spray it. NOTHING insulates like foam. It closes EVERY LITTLE NITCH AND GAP...   :2thumbs:

oh, but it's so ugly! Actually the builder suggested that-if I was enclosing the trusses I would, but I'm not sure. TBA.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
---

RIDELIKEHELL

Nice work! looking good! :cheers:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Steve P.

Not really.. That depends on if it is finished or not.. Atic of the house, not much need. A space that will be finished with drywall or other board, they shave it clean with the wood of your trusses. Flat and nice.... Same as they do all walls... Another fantastic thing it does is quiets everything way down. (Air compressor, air tools, music etc. )  Keeps the complaints down too..   ;)

PLUS, in Florida it is a bug benefit because they consider the foam another fastener for your roof. Your insurance will be less.. Lots of benefit to using it. For me, the biggest reason is comfort.... If I am too hot or cold I am DONE!!
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

elacruze

Been a long time...garage is finished, and today I got the shelving up. Took a long time to find shelving heavy enough for a garage that didn't take up floor space. I'll include info with photos.

I found these online;

http://johnsterling.com/dualtrak.html

To find the 'heavyweight' stuff you have to look in their .pdf pricelist. All their stuff is available at Home Depot, the heavyweight by special order. HD retailed the stuff at about 4/5ths of the manufacturer's list price.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
---

elacruze

These are the wall standards. How this works is you mount the hangtrack from the top, and the standards hang from it with the option to screw to the wall, which I did. You could do this with less expense by eliminating the hangtrack.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
---

elacruze

Hangtrack chalklined and tapconned.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
---

elacruze

UP!

Can't hit my head, strong enough to put engine blocks on (but I won't). I used 3/4" White Oak plywood for the shelving.

The entire project cost me a tad more than $500 including all the hardware, wood, tapcons etc.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
---

twodko

Hey hey hey!
Wondering where you went......I figured maybe the big sand box. Garage is great, congrats! Good to hear from ya.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

c00nhunterjoe

its not a garage until there is a car parked in it.  :popcrn:

elacruze

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on July 20, 2012, 07:05:57 PM
its not a garage until there is a car parked in it.  :popcrn:

:/

yeah working on the kid's motorcycle in there at the moment...tomorrow.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
---