News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone seen movie "The Island"? now out on video.

Started by SeattleCharger, January 19, 2006, 01:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeattleCharger

This movie is Awesome!     I know there are a bunch of people here who like sci fi action like Battle Star Galactica and Serenity.  Well, the ads for this movie didn't do it justice, I was surprised what a cool movie it is.   And the co star girl is way hot too.  I recommend this movie.   There are a bunch of Dodges in here, but they are new ones, couple good chase scenes.  Very cool plot IMO.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Charger_Fan

I considered it weird, personally. I've filed it in the "see it once only" category.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 19, 2006, 02:00:25 PM
I considered it weird, personally. I've filed it in the "see it once only" category.

That means it should be a good one.  :D  Scarlett Johansson is nice, but I never saw her before. Ewan McGregor has been in some good flicks, like The Big Fish. My favorite was Trainspotting, but maybe that's too weird for you Charger Fan.  :shruggy:  Classic scene was the one where Ewan McGegor has to use the bathroom & found "Scotland's Dirtiest Toilet"  :smilielol:

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Old Moparz on January 19, 2006, 02:48:03 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 19, 2006, 02:00:25 PM

That means it should be a good one.  :D  Scarlett Johansson is nice, but I never saw her before. Ewan McGregor has been in some good flicks, like The Big Fish. My favorite was Trainspotting, but maybe that's too weird for you Charger Fan.  :shruggy:  Classic scene was the one where Ewan McGegor has to use the bathroom & found "Scotland's Dirtiest Toilet"  :smilielol:

I like that movie, Trainspotting.  The detox scene is intense, or how the blond guy can always kick with no problem, and the guy with the temper always getting in bar fights and losing it at the end. 

Ewan McGregor, Obi One. 

Nice pics of Scarlett.

RD

i watched it and thought it was really good.  I, too, was very surprised at the plot and the action sequences, acting and overall excitement.  very good show.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Khyron

I have nothing to add to this thread.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Daytona R/T SE

"Island" Seemed to me like a remake of "Logan's Run"  Not too bad a movie to rent-we get new releases here for $1 ;D  But the story line sure reminded me of "Logan's run"

Chryco Psycho

I totally agree , most of the way through I was thinking this a twist on Logans Run , the movie was OK , when it drops to $5 in the discard pile I will probably get a copy

SeattleCharger

Logun's Run, didn't think of that, I guess a little, I saw that movie so long ago is prob. why I didn't see that similarity, but now that you mention it . . .
           I sort of saw a little bit of Matrix themes in there, and the one chase scene on the special bikes seemed like it was a little bit out of star wars episode two as far as the special effects, and also the society they were in reminded me of the cool novels:  George Orwell's "1984" and Aldous Huxley's  "Brave New World". 

MyMopar

I saw that movie and would ONLY recommend it for the chase scene and the co-star.  The movie was slow for the most part and could have really been made much better. 

moparsuebear

By far one of the more "that was a total waste of time" movies! Also, don't waste your time with Stealth, either!!! Lame-O!!!!!! 
Go Bears!!

SeattleCharger

Ya, Stealth was not too good, with a terrible ending, lame.   Surprised some people don't like The Island.  Oh well.    Other threads of movies here besides Dukes of course, said different things as far as some liked, some didn't.   Star Wars episode III, Batman Begins, War of the Worlds, Serenity.    Prob. most liked overall was Batman Begins, awesome movie.  Although I said The Island is cool, it is no where near as good as Batman Begins, or the last Star Wars for that matter.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

68chrgrwife

I saw the movie right after it came out mainly because my pastor at church is an ex Navy Seal and actually has a role (very small...when they are in the train station he is the guy with the cowboy hat hunting them). He was a military advisor for the movie (Michael Bay has used him for many of his movies).
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Mike DC

Scarlett makes me feel like I'm climbing the rope in gym class.

Brock Samson

i thought you guys were kinda' harsh about the film,.. Logan's Run?..  :scratchchin:  :shruggy: not a great film but a good sci-fi/action/drama... i thought the level of detail was superb like the plastic bladders the clones were being grown in etc..
then there were the cars, The Caddy v-12, all the custom chryslers and the chases were very exciting... plus scarlett...
i never once thought of logans run....

I do like serenity alot more though cause it had alot of charm for lack of a better word...

John_Kunkel

It gets lots of play on the cable channels so I've had a chance to watch it partially or in its entirety several times. It does what movies are supposed to do, entertain, and I think it does it fairly well.

I don't see SJ as the great beauty many do; from the neck to the navel, now that's a different story.  :drool5:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Mike DC

Scarlett seems like she's more sexy than pretty.  The boobs are probably storebought, but a lot of it is just in the face & vibe.  And it's nice to see a Hollywood hottie without the half-anorexic look that almost every girl on TV has now.  I remember Lindsay Lohan looking terrible when she was blond & really skinny a while back.

Charger_Fan

I just re-read my initial post at the top of this thread...it took me a few minutes to figure out what I was talking about! :crazy: :image_294343:
I figured it out, I got "The Beach" & "The Island" mixed up. The Beach is the one I thought sucked...The Island was GREAT! :boogie:  I liked it a lot, and I wanted to jump Scarlett all movie long. :drool5:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Brock Samson

o.k. right answer, were gonna return your MAN CARD...   :rofl:

Charger_Fan

nh_mopar_fan

This thing set the new standard for product placement. Everything from the "info center" with the big MSN company logo on it, to the aluminum Bud bottle that the camera actually zoomed in on to the walking commercial for the Caddy.

It was like one giant commercial.

SeattleCharger

There is a chance that this actress added to the entertainment value and quality of the movie.

SeattleCharger