News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytone rear window plug install

Started by 6pkrtse, November 15, 2011, 12:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6pkrtse

I asked on another post but figured I would post on of my own to get the correct answers. For all you guys that have done them. I just picked up the Vega rear window hatch assy for mine. Does anyone have dimensions or a schematic on how you located where to center the rear window to be correct?
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

richRTSE

this is a pretty common question here, tons of answers if you search "vega hatch"...

this one might help you...quite a few other links referenced there too

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,63115.0.html

xx29440charger

This is the info I have so far...
1. Alter the rear trunk deck lid 1st
I believe the measurements are from rear of the deck lid to front edge is 21 5/8 inches for the right and left side and the center rear to front is 21.5 inches. The front of the deck lid has a curve.
2. I have read that some people use the AMD 3rd generation dutchman panel
 3.A trunk closeout panel will also be needed.
4. Charger 500 or Daytona trunk hinges and mounts will be needed.
For plug....
1. Get 74-77 vega hatch
2. Remove trim
3. Remove glass
4. Remove inside steel from hatch
......this is the info I have so far ....I hope it can be of some help.....now I need further instructions....Thanks!
Thanks everybody for all your help so far....I could not do this project without you..I have the wing installed and already people are going ape shit over it....can't drive the car 2 blocks without looks.  :icon_smile_big: I can't wait to see the peoples reaction when the entire car is finished. :cheers: