News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sea Change

Started by Fred, November 15, 2011, 12:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

:drool5:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Hey All, wouldn't this make the perfect sea change?   :drool5:

A whole amazing island built right on a beautiful yacht. Created by UK-based yacht design company Yacht Island Designs, bringing a whole island onto a yacht.

The design as you can see is inspired by tropical islands, with huts, a pool and to top of that, a whole volcano that is sure not to erupt. Since this is a yacht, it comes packed with special VIP rooms, arcades, gym, lounges, spas and even a helipad. The volcano adds a lot of beauty to the whole look of the yacht, it also happens to have water flowing out of it onto the pool creating this amazing river complementing the whole tropical look.

The back of the yacht has a retractable beach deck where structures float on the sea making the sea accessible to swim in and of course grant access to various water activities such as wake boarding and jet-skis. The whole concept is pure genius and the result looks even better.

A383Wing

not that I could afford it, but I wonder what that would cost to play in?

Bryan

Fred

Quote from: A383Wing on November 15, 2011, 12:48:47 AM
not that I could afford it, but I wonder what that would cost to play in?

Bryan

Sorry Bryan, no idea................it doesn't come with a price tag. I guess they figure that if you need to ask the price you're definitely waisting their time!
Maybe a bunch of us on the forum could all chip in and rent it for the weekend  :D

elacruze

Hm, lemme see-

A tropical island vacation, $5000

A tropical island vacation yacht, $5,000,000 + cost of ownership, crew, maintenance

I think I'll pass, but there seems to be no shortage of deep pockets out there for silliness like this. I appreciate the open-mindedness of the designer, but it's completely absent good sense.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

RECHRGD

So what keeps the water in the pool and stream in rough water?  Better keep a good lookout on the weather and drain everything before a storm hits.  I'd never take that thing more than a mile off shore...
13.53 @ 105.32

bakerhillpins

Quote from: elacruze on November 15, 2011, 09:19:29 AM
Hm, lemme see-

A tropical island vacation, $5000

A tropical island vacation yacht, $5,000,000 + cost of ownership, crew, maintenance

I think I'll pass, but there seems to be no shortage of deep pockets out there for silliness like this. I appreciate the open-mindedness of the designer, but it's completely absent good sense.

Ain't that the truth!  I can't imagine that it would only be 5 mil, but then again I am not a boat/yacht person either.

Silliness or not, that is cool.   :drool5:  I could soooooo take a cruse on that boat.  :yesnod:

Quote from: RECHRGD on November 15, 2011, 09:31:31 AM
So what keeps the water in the pool and stream in rough water?  Better keep a good lookout on the weather and drain everything before a storm hits.  I'd never take that thing more than a mile off shore...
I bet they just spend lots on weather equipment and move the party to where the poopers are not...  :shruggy:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

skip68

My bags are sooooooooooo packed and ready to go.  Fred's paying.    :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

bull

It would probably be cheaper to buy and maintain a real island.

Ponch ®

Quote from: elacruze on November 15, 2011, 09:19:29 AM

You probably need to add two more zeros to that figure. And maybe double it. I've read/heard/watched tv shows about the yachts of the super rich, and even "conventional" yacht designs are in the $100M+ range, so I can only speculate how much this would cost.

bull has a point there...probably cheaper to just buy an island. But that yacht is beyond cool nevertheless.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

bobs66440

Quote from: bull on November 15, 2011, 01:37:34 PM
It would probably be cheaper to buy and maintain a real island.
:lol: :iagree:

BigBlackDodge

Hey! Thats my yacht! ;D

Now if I could only fill it full of fuel!

BBD

Fred

Quote from: skip68 on November 15, 2011, 01:01:41 PM

Ok I've booked it (had to pay for it up front) Meet you at the dock Feb 29th.  :nana:

RECHRGD

Quote from: Fred on November 15, 2011, 07:40:22 PM

Ok I've booked it (had to pay for it up front) Meet you at the dock Feb 29th.  :nana:

They'll have to actually build one first.....
13.53 @ 105.32

bakerhillpins

Quote from: RECHRGD on November 15, 2011, 08:41:15 PM

Ssssssssshhhh. He is trying to trick the skipster.   :slap:  :smilielol:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

71_Charger_R/T

HEY! That's exactly like the yacht that I don't own!

Fred

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on November 15, 2011, 06:37:54 PM
Hey! Thats my yacht! ;D

Now if I could only fill it full of fuel!

BBD

I'd rather pump it into my Charger. The ammount of fuel the ship will need for just one voyage would probably keep my Charger on the road for the whole of my life!
:drive:

Fred

Quote from: bakerhillpins on November 15, 2011, 10:09:35 PM
Quote from: RECHRGD on November 15, 2011, 08:41:15 PM

Ssssssssshhhh. He is trying to trick the skipster.   :slap:  :smilielol:

Actually I didn't bother to check..........I hope next year isn't a leap year!  :D

Fred

S**T...............I'M DONE FOR! (I just checked) 

RECHRGD

It's OK..... I think you said you couldn't afford the fuel anyway......
13.53 @ 105.32

skip68

What's going on?  ???  Someone playing games with me?    :shruggy:   Sooooooooooo,  does this mean there's no trip for skip?   Man, I just got a new biki.....I mean swimming suit.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

RECHRGD

No trip for skip.....Refund on the bikini.....
13.53 @ 105.32

Fred

Hey don't worry skip, I'm a man of my word. The offer still stands but did I mention the earliest I could book it for is Feb 29th 2016.  :D

skip68

Fred

Quote from: RECHRGD on November 15, 2011, 10:54:56 PM
It's OK..... I think you said you couldn't afford the fuel anyway......

Says who..................get a load of this!  :D want some?