News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar guy who lived in New Westminster B.C?? Ring any bells?

Started by 69bronzeT5, November 13, 2011, 04:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

There was a Mopar guy who lived near me in New Westminster B.C and I'm wondering what ever happened to him. I used to ride by his house all the time going to school around 1999-2001 and remember him having a '68-'69 Roadrunner project car sitting in his front yard. I recall it was primer black and possibly had a Six Pack hood and slot mags however I'm not positive. In the garage out back he had a '70 Challenger project (grey primer?) and a '68 Charger project (I think it was black also). For some reason, I think he also had a '70-'71 'Cuda...pr the Challenger may of been a 'Cuda...not 100% sure

Around that same time period (1999-2001), his house burnt down. I remember watching from the street as it burnt. He and the neighbours pushed the Charger and Challenger down the driveway beside the house and out of harms way. The Roadrunner was far enough from the house that it was fine. To this day when I drive down the street I remember how he forgot about his house and was just worrying about getting his Mopars to a safe area. After that I really don't remember too much, I was 8 or 9 when the house burnt. I do remember for a while riding my bike past the house all boarded up with the roof completley gone. Eventually I think he moved as the cars disappeared and then they knocked the house down and built a brand new one (an east indian family lives there- not the Mopar guy). From what I remember was a gas line in the house broke and caused the fire or something like that. I still have the image of the cars and the house firmly planted in my head.

Does this guy ring any bells to anyone here?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Rallyecharger

The sad fact about house fires is you are better off to let it burn to the ground because its probably going to be easier insurance wise to be a total loss...........when the fire fighters are done with it, the water and smoke damage usually take care of what didn't get burnt.
  As for the cars, insurance wise one will never get the full value of what the car is really worth :Twocents:
So I think the guy did the right thing.