News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

High Scool Charger Rebuild

Started by Hudson Hornet !, November 10, 2011, 10:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

Quote from: Hudson Hornet ! on November 11, 2011, 04:23:21 PM
Some more pictures

more good interesting  pictures   thanks for posting  !! keep them coming , love looking at this kind of stuff  :yesnod:

:cheers: :cheers: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

MoparManJim

Quote from: tan top on November 12, 2011, 07:37:08 AM
Quote from: Hudson Hornet ! on November 11, 2011, 04:23:21 PM
Some more pictures

more good interesting  pictures   thanks for posting  !! keep them coming , love looking at this kind of stuff  :yesnod:

:cheers: :cheers: :popcrn:

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Hudson Hornet !

Got some more pictures tonight. Here is where it gets ugly!!  Please note the original Mopar Putty and Sprayfoam will be available for sale onEbay just in time for Christmas!
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

Hudson Hornet !

more  :o   :yesnod:

Hudson Hornet !

The Carnage!

Hudson Hornet !

Couple more for tonight

Hudson Hornet !

NHCharger

Awesome thread. Great progress.
Can I borrow your class for a week or two :lol:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

71charger

hey if you want, when your done with that car wanna do mine next???... hehehe but hey im not stopping ya :D :lol:
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

PA Dodger

Hey, that's cheating! If I bus them all down to Pittsburgh to paint  my car will you give them extra credit? :D
And please tell your student that Philly Flyers rags make better workshirts. :yesnod:
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

TK73

Very cool.

Just wondering... isn't it some sort of conflict of interest having the student work on your car?

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

skip68

:2thumbs: 
Man, Why did it take you so long to start this thread? This is what this site is for.    This is really cool and thanks again.    :cheers:    It would be cool to have a "how to rebuild a Charger" section with a complete basic rebuild using your pics with others.  Like a start to finish so to speak.    :2thumbs:   

Keep em coming.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Hudson Hornet !

Thanks for the kind words!

As far as conflict of interest, the Department of Education tells me what I have to have in my curriculum.  This includes

Structural design of a unibody
Front suspension theory
Structural panel replacement
Drivetrain
Safety and restraint systems
Structural and removable glass, etc...

All of the work we do in our shop is live work, meaning someone else owns the cars, the school does not. Everyone pays for materials however.  My charger was approved by administration for what we are doing. In just this car I can teach so much of our curriculum, since most people won't allow us to rip apart their cars!! :icon_smile_big:

Also please note that the students have done 99% of the work on this car. I am there for guidance and procedure, but it is the students that are learning the trade.  :cheers:

I will try to get more pictures up tonight!

greenpigs

Right

We only worked on donated cars for the most part.

Had a few that people paid to have work done, a 77 & 78 TA of Mr Rhoads(auto body) buddy & a mid 40's Ford truck.

Then as I said his personal project camaro & an el camino.

Mr Rhoads let me paint my 73 Monte Carlo with surplus paint they had....73 Cadillac firemist red if I remember right.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

nvrbdn

this is an awesome chance to see real structure and design. what a great class to offer. these kids will have a huge jump on the schools that dont offer this trade. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TK73

Quote from: Hudson Hornet ! on November 13, 2011, 08:33:01 AM
Thanks for the kind words!

As far as conflict of interest, the Department of Education tells me what I have to have in my curriculum.  This includes

Structural design of a unibody
Front suspension theory
Structural panel replacement
Drivetrain
Safety and restraint systems
Structural and removable glass, etc...

All of the work we do in our shop is live work, meaning someone else owns the cars, the school does not. Everyone pays for materials however.  My charger was approved by administration for what we are doing. In just this car I can teach so much of our curriculum, since most people won't allow us to rip apart their cars!! :icon_smile_big:

Also please note that the students have done 99% of the work on this car. I am there for guidance and procedure, but it is the students that are learning the trade.  :cheers:

I will try to get more pictures up tonight!

Cool, wasn't sure.  Just seemed odd... heard of students doing cars or a class project and selling it for the class supplies/stuff.
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

DC_1

Hope you kept the left rear trunk lip with the body stamping........ My car had the rear quarters replaced back in the 90's and the trunk lip stamping is missing because they tossed the quarter they cut off.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on November 14, 2011, 08:06:05 PM
Hope you kept the left rear trunk lip with the body stamping........ My car had the rear quarters replaced back in the 90's and the trunk lip stamping is missing because they tossed the quarter they cut off.

Beat me to it.  :P  I was going to bring up the same point.  :2thumbs:

Great stuff to see indeed! You should record their work and make a cheesy DVD to give the kids at the end of the year.  :yesnod:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

lexxman

Ya I bet the students would love a dvd.I wish my auto class in high school was like that. :popcrn:

BananaDan

Again, simply awesome.  I can't believe how fast you're moving.  It must be great to have an army of free labor to help out!  And you get to teach them how to do it, and get the next generation interested in Mopar Muscle in the process.   :cheers:
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Jake

Quote from: BananaDan on November 17, 2011, 12:29:11 AM
Again, simply awesome.  I can't believe how fast you're moving.  It must be great to have an army of free labor to help out!  And you get to teach them how to do it, and get the next generation interested in Mopar Muscle in the process.   :cheers:

I second this. Great story, great project, great cause.

OldGuy

I applaud you and what you are doing to teach those kids a skill.  It was in a high school auto class that my son learned much of what he is applying now in restoring our Chargers.  Are you going to restore it back to the original build?  If your 68, 383 c.i., 4-speed came with a 4 bbl carb, it is a pretty valuable and rare combination - only 259 were made in that configuration.
Side note - the shifter looks a little odd.  Most of them came with a Hurst shifter that came straight up out of the floor. :scratchchin:
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

Hudson Hornet !

Ok fellas stay tuned for some more pics shortly.............. :cheers:

ChgrSteve67

chargerhunter

Subscribed!

I have another project for next year...  :angel:
68 Charger R/T clone 440/4spd
converted to '69 General Lee

68 Charger 383/727