News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Should a 69 with air always have the airtemp decal on the pass quarter window?

Started by Dino, November 09, 2011, 08:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

BrianShaughnessy

As far as I know yes.   Should probably be tinted glass also. 

Sinnamon has tinted with a sticker.  :icon_smile_cool:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

1969chargerrtse

Mine has it with tinted glass also. It's only on the right side as with the front fender gold Mopar penstar. I didn't know that and bought a A/C decal for my left rear window. Gotta take that off.  :yesnod:
I think tinted glass was " recommended " not manditory. I know you could get just the front windshield with tinted glass, along with all the windows tinted.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 09, 2011, 11:37:47 AM
I think tinted glass was " recommended " not manditory. I know you could get just the front windshield with tinted glass, along with all the windows tinted.

That is my understanding as well.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Dino

Cool!  I like the decal but don't have it on mine.  I do have all tinted glass, G11.

Although I am doing some upgrades here and there I like some of the small details like the decals on the car again.

I'm hoping I can turn the old R12 compressor and lines to take 134a (if that stays around a while longer) so I can keep as much stock looking as possible.

I found this decal on performancecargraphics.com while looking at the cluster decals.  Now I'm torn  on what to do with the clock.  Keep it and restore it with new decal, quartz upgrade and fix the broken knob stem OR dig deep in the wallet and get the tic-toc-tach.  Right now I have a steering column mounted sun tach which is way off the mark.

bull

I thought the Airtemp thing was only for the under dash dealer add-on A/C unit, not the factory A/C.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: bakerhillpins on November 09, 2011, 11:43:08 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 09, 2011, 11:37:47 AM

That is my understanding as well.

Yup - That is a fact

maxwellwedge

Quote from: bull on November 09, 2011, 12:34:12 PM
I thought the Airtemp thing was only for the under dash dealer add-on A/C unit, not the factory A/C.

No Sir

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Dino on November 09, 2011, 11:49:04 AM
Cool!  I like the decal but don't have it on mine.  I do have all tinted glass, G11.

Pun intended?  :icon_smile_wink:

Yes, G11 is all tinted glass.
http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/decoder.html

QuoteG11

Tinted Glass-ALL windows

$40.70
Option

Recommended on cars coded with H51 A/C..
optional on others
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

Dino

Quote from: bakerhillpins on November 09, 2011, 01:35:18 PM
Quote from: Dino on November 09, 2011, 11:49:04 AM

Pun intended?  :icon_smile_wink:

HA! No, didn't notice I did that.   :laugh:

What I mean to say was that mine didn't have it when I bought it but I like it so I want to get one.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Referring back to the barn-find R/T, it has the decal on the pass rr window on factory AC  :scratchchin:
I think this is a great car to reference for questions like these, as the tags showed it was still pretty new when parked  :coolgleamA:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Dino on November 09, 2011, 01:47:19 PM
What I mean to say was that mine didn't have it when I bought it but I like it so I want to get one.

Whoops  :icon_smile_blackeye:   I read that incorrectly. Switched the "I" and "do" when I read the sentence :brickwall:.
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

XS29LA47V21

The bronze car is in keeping with several of mine, although I would note a few times I have seen them quite a ways forward (then the car ref above)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on November 09, 2011, 04:29:37 PM
The bronze car is in keeping with several of mine, although I would note a few times I have seen the quite a ways forward (then the car ref above)

Say what???  :shruggy:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on November 09, 2011, 05:07:08 PM
The bronze car is in keeping with several of mine, although I would note a few times I have seen the quite a ways forward (then the car ref above)

Say what???  :shruggy:

The decal on the window of the bronze is like several cars he owns. He has seen the decal placed futher forward.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on November 09, 2011, 06:05:35 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on November 09, 2011, 05:07:08 PM

Say what???  :shruggy:

The decal on the window of the bronze is like several cars he owns. He has seen the decal placed futher forward.

:shruggy: Thank you. 
I think we are talking about the same AC stickers (I think), here are a couple.......  the one feel really odd to my eyes by the way.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Woah, thanks for the clarification/translation  ;)

Yes I agree I have seen the decals placed all over on the pass side rear quarter window as well
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Here's my factory correct original right side location, and the Rob incorrect didn't no better left location.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Brock Lee

Yeah, the tint was optional. I have a set of side glass from a scrapped 69 AC non-tint with the decal.

You can find those decals NOS on eBay all day long.

In regards to the added AC cars, those stickers can be found anywhere. I have seen many with the the way back glass (between the speakers dead center). 

mopar0166

mines 318 A/c car it has all the orihgnal windows, no decal no tint

Surf Charger

I originally had air in my car. Was removed somewhere in the past. The sticker is still in the rear passenger window....however mine is in the middle bottom of window...not bottom rear of window as shown in previous pictures....

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: mopar0166 on November 10, 2011, 01:12:41 PM
mines 318 A/c car it has all the orihgnal windows, no decal no tint

Have you owned it since new? Prior owner could have removed the decal... :Twocents:

elacruze

mine is in the PS quarter window, no tinted glass-just the windshield. Tinted was an extra-cost option, I'm told.

It's hard to tell in this photo because of the blue interior, but if you look closely you can see that the vent window is tinted and a little darker than the side windows-I had to replace it and didn't realize there was a difference.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

doctor4766

Mine is the original decal and look how far forward it is compared to some others here

Gotta love a '69