News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So...I work with this chick...

Started by Daytona R/T SE, November 05, 2011, 11:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange_Crush

Politely tell her that you are not interested.  No other explanations are needed. 

If she continues harassing you about it, go to her supervisor and tell him or her that she is creating a hostile work environment.  Make sure it put in writing.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

You could also train your newly acquired cat to attack her if she comes back....

bobs66440

Tell her thank you, but you're not interested...then try to lure her to the dark side.  :icon_smile_wink: :lol:

mysil bergsprekken

Solution for you:

tell her you found the leaflets, she will admit delivering them, ask her a few questions about the content, remain neutral and say, if you ever get the question to join: "my grandpa was a regular christian or ateist or whatever, and in respect for him I concur the same beliefs".
The ball is thrown to the other court. she can not ask you to disrespect you grandpa! Problem solved.

As for priuses, I wouldn't trust those prius owner people with a single dime. Besides, they are dangerous, you can not hear them coming down the street. You can't hear them, kids can't hear them, there is a larger chance of getting run over by it. They just come sneaking up on you.
I support a regulation that all priuses should have a loudspeaker on their car warning people that they are coming. (and make the sound be so annoying that noone will ever drive one)
69 charger RT

stripedelete

Ignore.  Definately ignore.

You don't want to get on the bad side of middle aged fat chick at work.  So if you're not going to marry her, ignore it.

no318

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on November 06, 2011, 12:26:18 AM
Any thoughts on how to handle this ?..."

Sure. Be a big boy about it. Be kind. "Thanks but no thanks. I've already made my choices." and move on. No reason to get upset. No reason for tears or to get the boss involved.

I agree.  (Just something to think about is that atleast she is concerned enough about you, to care......) 

nvrbdn

im in agreement to just ignore it. if she questions you, tell her thanks but your not interested. a friend asked me to dinner, as we were eating he said "are you familiar with the j w's" i said  yea they always knock on your door when you are busy" he said "thats what we are" after i left, he never talked to me again. i have heard its part of their religion to not associate with non j w's :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

You could start your own TV show.  :lol:

Dino

Whatever your belief, she needs to respect this.  Just tell her to not do anything like that again, you're not trying to convince her to change her beliefs, she needs to do the same.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

doctor4766

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 06, 2011, 08:02:08 AM
im in agreement to just ignore it. if she questions you, tell her thanks but your not interested. a friend asked me to dinner, as we were eating he said "are you familiar with the j w's" i said  yea they always knock on your door when you are busy" he said "thats what we are" after i left, he never talked to me again. i have heard its part of their religion to not associate with non j w's :shruggy:
Dunno about that bit.
I worked for people who were in that religion.
15 years in fact, and they only had 2 or 3 of their own in the company out of maybe 150 or so staff.
They were good in that they never tried to push anything onto anyone, but if you asked them a direct question they would respond with what they believed in.
Gotta love a '69

Dino

Quote from: doctor4766 on November 06, 2011, 09:17:56 AM
Quote from: nvrbdn on November 06, 2011, 08:02:08 AM
Dunno about that bit.
I worked for people who were in that religion.
15 years in fact, and they only had 2 or 3 of their own in the company out of maybe 150 or so staff.
They were good in that they never tried to push anything onto anyone, but if you asked them a direct question they would respond with what they believed in.

Yeah I worked with a jw for a year or so, great lady, never ever pushed her beliefs onto anyone else.  She would on occasion mention something about it when asked but that's about it.  There were three people in that small office, one jw, one christian and one atheist and we were the best team that place had ever seen.  There's plenty people who will not interact with another if he or she is not of the same beliefs, that has nothing to do with the religion itself but with said person having a severe case of tunnel vision.  Personally I feel that you are a person of ethics who tries to do some good, or at least not do harm, you're ok in my book.  I don't care if you believe in little grey or green visitors, a higher power or the easter bunny.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

41husk

I would tell her just like you told us.  We understand that is not your thing after you telling it your way.  The only reason for you not to tell her, is if you are suddenly in the mood for middle aged fat chick :nana:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

b5blue

You missed your chance. Had you just lived in the moment and answered the door naked with poop on your butt......well you get what I mean. Now your stuck, your only way out is to confront her that: As a GOOD JW she must stop overeating.

twodko

Of course she wants to "fix" you...........you're gay!  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Todd Wilson

I really hate it when you are sitting there enjoying a big dump and reading that someone interupts....................

I'd go along with it and see if you can score!

Todd

moparstuart

Quote from: Todd Wilson on November 06, 2011, 01:42:04 PM
I really hate it when you are sitting there enjoying a big dump and reading that someone interupts....................

I'd go along with it and see if you can score!

Todd

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  yeah hit on her
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

Ask her about some kinky stuff and see just how religouse she is :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

charger490

i have had a lot of them come to my house so i tell them i study the devil so when i get down there the devil will think i am going to take his job and he will send me back up to heaven.

i once had two old people come with a young gril  and i said the gril can come in but the other two can go back to there car . they left ha

Marck

A while back the jw kept putting their propaganda in my mailbox, and I was getting really tired of it.. They only knocked once or twice...
I called the Danish head office thing, and got put on some sort of list of people that the jw's wouldn't make contact with..
Haven't heard from them in years...  :D

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on November 06, 2011, 01:22:29 AM
Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on November 06, 2011, 01:16:41 AM
I have a suggestion.... On how to post a topic! How about NOT stretching it out to the point where any member has to scroll down 4 times? Trying to build up the drama?  FAIL.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok...This version better for you?
Middle aged fat chick.I went to school with her.Yesterday we're working together and she starts talking about some dude named Jehovah.I smile and nod.And say "Yeah I've heard of that.REALLY not my thing though.She finishes her work and moves to a different part of the building.I don't think anything more about it.So, this afternoon I'm at home on the shitter.Expelling the remnants of the local lunchtime pizza buffet.When.I hear something.Oh shit.Somebody is beating on the front door.I'll ignore it.Maybe they'll go away.BANG! BANG! BANG! on the door again.Pissed off.I finish my business.Rush to the living room.As I swing the front door open.I'm yelling "Who the F@#& is it"?.Just in time to see this little blue Prius driving away.I then notice the pamphlets stuffed in the metal curly cue thingies on the storm door.And the little pink post-it note stuck to one of them.It says."Hi Chris"."I thought you might enjoy reading these".Signed.The Middle aged fat chick from work.Now, I have to work with this woman Monday morning.This is going to be an awkward situation.My first instinct is to scream at her for sticking that crap on my door.Probably ought to refrain from that one.My second thought is act like I didn't see anything on my door and ask her what the hell she doing at my house when she mentions the pamphlets.Now.I don't really have a problem with religion.I think everybody should have an imaginary friend to mutter to under their breath if that's their thing.BUT.I think she really crossed the line coming to my house trying to recruit me.This isn't going to end well Monday morning.Her feelings are going to be hurt.There might be tears.The boss is going to want to know what I did to make The Middle aged fat chick cry.I'll probably get fired.Any thoughts on how to handle this ?
:hah:  Great one, that was good.  :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 440 on November 06, 2011, 04:19:27 AM
I like the idea of driving to her house and putting the pamphlets and a post it note on her door saying....

Hi middle aged fat chick, I'm just returning the pamphlets you forgot at my door.

Signed, Chris from work.

End of story  :yesnod:
:hah:  That's great!
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

jar1292

My suggestion... you need to unload your Datona.... and fast. single middle aged fat chicks love Datona's. if you really need a safe place to hide it under the radar I have a huge shop that it will feel at home in.  :rofl:
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

Darkman

Quote from: charger490 on November 06, 2011, 03:38:04 PM
i once had two old people come with a young gril  and i said the gril can come in but the other two can go back to there car . they left ha

In my younger days we had a similar thing happen. In our area it was a weekly Saturday mid morning event when JW's would knock on our door, so one week a few mates and I dressed up in our motorcycle leathers (jacket and pants with no shirt and a big dog collar) and chains and waited. One of my mates and his girlfriend were at the back of the house making whipping and screaming noises when the doorbell rang. I opened it to see no less than 6 JW's about to speak when they almost fell over. One of them was an attractive woman. Nevertheless, they began with their speech, when I interupted and said that they could come inside if they wanted to, making specific eye contact with the woman. This must have been the icing on the cake, they turned around and walked off. We were all looking out the window cracking up laughing as they stood at the end of the drive discussing what had just happened. I think I was the only one who noticed the attractive woman looking back at the house smiling. Later that night, the door bell rang and it was that woman from earlier in the day. I invited her in. She said it was the funniest thing she had ever seen and let me tell you that JW was the last thing on her mind.....  :rofl: guess she was a little more into the whips and chains than I would have thought

We never got another visit since that day from JW's, but the woman and I continued for a few months before her "group" found out
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

stripedelete

Quote from: Darkman on November 06, 2011, 08:15:30 PM
Quote from: charger490 on November 06, 2011, 03:38:04 PM

In my younger days we had a similar thing happen. In our area it was a weekly Saturday mid morning event when JW's would knock on our door, so one week a few mates and I dressed up in our motorcycle leathers (jacket and pants with no shirt and a big dog collar) and chains and waited. One of my mates and his girlfriend were at the back of the house making whipping and screaming noises when the doorbell rang. I opened it to see no less than 6 JW's about to speak when they almost fell over. One of them was an attractive woman. Nevertheless, they began with their speech, when I interupted and said that they could come inside if they wanted to, making specific eye contact with the woman. This must have been the icing on the cake, they turned around and walked off. We were all looking out the window cracking up laughing as they stood at the end of the drive discussing what had just happened. I think I was the only one who noticed the attractive woman looking back at the house smiling. Later that night, the door bell rang and it was that woman from earlier in the day. I invited her in. She said it was the funniest thing she had ever seen and let me tell you that JW was the last thing on her mind.....  :rofl: guess she was a little more into the whips and chains than I would have thought

We never got another visit since that day from JW's, but the woman and I continued for a few months before her "group" found out

LOL.  Reminds me of a joke.    My apologies in advance....

How do you keep a JW from drinking all your beer on a fishing trip?

Bring another JW.     :lol:

Todd Wilson

Quote from: 41husk on November 06, 2011, 03:18:11 PM
Ask her about some kinky stuff and see just how religouse she is :2thumbs:

I wonder if she would yell out Oh God??!

Todd