News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Your Most Prized Possession?

Started by RallyeMike, November 04, 2011, 12:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

I was very, very close to my Grandmother.  My uncle started living with her about 7 years prior to her passing.

When she passed I flew home & after the funeral my uncle & I were sitting @ the table & he told me I could have anything I wanted from her place.  My mind raced but the only thing I wanted was a paint by number picture she did of The Last Supper that hung on the wall over the dinner table.  I looked up & pointed to the picture.  That was all I wanted.  Every Sunday after church I would drive over to her place for lunch & spent more than a few hours admiring the painting.  
He questioned me several more times about whether there was something else I wanted?  I sat & watched as he gave away all of her prized possessions & none of it fazed me cause I had something a lot of her kids' didn't even have many of...wonderful memories.  

We spent quite a bit of money having it enclosed & my wife still hasn't hung it up.  I need someone to put it up for me...."HEY CURTIS!!!!!!"

One other thing is an old phone.  One of the old wooden ones with a crank on the side of it.  It was my great great Grandfather's & was still working when taken down my Dad said.

Old Moparz

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 06, 2011, 12:21:31 AM
I was very, very close to my Grandmother.  My uncle started living with her about 7 years prior to her passing.

When she passed I flew home & after the funeral my uncle & I were sitting @ the table & he told me I could have anything I wanted from her place.  My mind raced but the only thing I wanted was a paint by number picture she did of The Last Supper that hung on the wall over the dinner table.  I looked up & pointed to the picture.  That was all I wanted.  Every Sunday after church I would drive over to her place for lunch & spent more than a few hours admiring the painting.  
He questioned me several more times about whether there was something else I wanted?  I sat & watched as he gave away all of her prized possessions & none of it fazed me cause I had something a lot of her kids' didn't even have many of...wonderful memories.  

We spent quite a bit of money having it enclosed & my wife still hasn't hung it up.  I need someone to put it up for me...."HEY CURTIS!!!!!!"

One other thing is an old phone.  One of the old wooden ones with a crank on the side of it.  It was my great great Grandfather's & was still working when taken down my Dad said.

The painting thing is cool & reminds me of a small, tin bank about 5 inches tall that my Great Grandmother had that I got to keep. As a kid I remember seeing it all the time on a shelf in her kitchen & playing with it while I was at her place. I was probably 11 or 12 when she died, & sometime after, either my Mom or my Grandmother, saved the tin bank & gave it to me. The lid is separated from the bottom, but I know I have it somewhere in a box. :shruggy:  

Looks like this one....
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Darkman

A gold necklace my mum got me for my 18th birthday

A gold bracelet my then girlfriend, now wife got me for my 25th Birthday. She was only working part time and spent nearly 2 weeks wages on it. It matches my necklace
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Fred

I couldn't live without my lathe and milling machine.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

skip68

My Great Grandmothers rocking chair, my two moving boxes full of vintage (1970's & up) Bryer Horses, pictures, wedding dress, and maybe Chuck, if i have room in the trunk!! Lol!

Mrs.skip68
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

chargermike

my first guitar. would never sell it. 76 gibson flying V. my drum kit and of course my charger. there truely mine and i share them with nobody. i can get a new house and wife but cars and music. cant replace them. thats my life. and most of all my kids and grand baby. ill die or kill for them. there unreplaceable to me and are my world.