News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2 Superbirds from the woods in South Carolina

Started by gymratt30, October 30, 2011, 09:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

mikes wing from 07  at the petty museum
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparchris

What a great story :2thumbs:
Kinda renews my faith that good things are still happening to good people.  I can't wait to read more.

Brads70

Wow! Hat's off to ya! Graet story and find! :2thumbs:

bill440rt

Ho-LEEEEEE smokes!!  :o
What a great find & story!!

Kudos to you and your son. As a father of two boys, I know the proud feeling you must have to have raised a fine young man.  :2thumbs:

Congrats on the cars, I look forward to seeing some finished pics!  :scope:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

richRTSE

Wow Mike, what a cool story! Can't wait to see the "finished" pictures.  :2thumbs:

Charger_Dart

You just don't hear great stories like this very often. Thanks for sharing  :popcrn:
68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

thegeneral266

gymratt30

Sorry guys.  No more updates Till Monday.  Headed to Don garlits for a Mopar weekend.  I will pick up where I left off... 

"2 superbirds sittin side by side"

XS29J8

Quote from: gymratt30 on November 04, 2011, 08:37:26 AM
Sorry guys.  No more updates Till Monday.  Headed to Don garlits for a Mopar weekend.  I will pick up where I left off... 

Great story! I'm headed North to Big Daddy's Show in the morning, hope to see you there...........is the HEMI Bird making the trip?   :cheers:

Steve
HEMI 68 CHARGER R/T- 4-SPEED- 3.54 DANA- PP1 RED- BLACK VINYL TOP- PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY-STRIPE DELETE- AM 8 TRACK- NON CONSOLE- DRIVEN YEAR ROUND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA http://900z1.multiply.com/  http://kawasaki-z-classik.com/index.php  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmY22PaMZ1H3dFczVWR2ZlJaX1BvTDFIVUdUZVlseWc&hl=en&authkey=CPi1hp8J#gid=0

Beep Beep Dave

Thanks for sharing, truly is a great story. Thanks for posting all the pics. I really enjoyed it :2thumbs:

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

gymratt30

Im still waiting on a fender tag,a set of Goodyear polyglass tires and a enclosed trailer. Six hours on the interstate with an open trailer scares me when the car is so freshly restored.  A rock chip would hurt my heart at this point ...  next year I will have those three things for sure and thecar will be there for sure (at Don garlets)...

gymratt30

gymratt30

moparstuart

Quote from: gymratt30 on November 08, 2011, 10:39:41 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on November 02, 2011, 08:42:00 PM
mikes wing from 07  at the petty museum
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

richard was great  we really hammered him with stuff to autograph and then we made him run allover the parking lot signing cars .

Me and my kids getting our stuff signed
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

gymratt30

gymratt30

more

hemi68charger

Quote from: gymratt30 on November 08, 2011, 12:02:20 PM
red car out

Wow !!!!   What a day that must have been, especially when that puppy was sitting back at your house/garage....   :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

wingcarenvy

That wing is Petty blue. Am I missing something?

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

70Sbird

Quote from: wingcarenvy on November 09, 2011, 12:47:41 PM

I was wondering that myself as I just got to read this thread completely.

Mike, Awesome score and I'm sure it will be a lifelong connection beween you and your son!
Congrats and keep the updates coming!

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Scott

Scott Faulkner

gymratt30

Quote from: wingcarenvy on November 09, 2011, 12:47:41 PM

I bought a 68 charger back in 2006 to do a Daytona clone it had a superbird wing on it..... ill find a pic and post it.( the same clone from the story) in which I took the parts into the guy's yard. ANYWAY ... petty wing you see here came off that car.... figured if Im gonna keep it, ill paint it Petty Blue and get him to sign it.

gymratt30

gymratt30

back to recovery pics

gymratt30

gymratt30