News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

here's an oldy but goody

Started by poppa, October 26, 2011, 08:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

So tonight I was trying to trace down why I have to jump the coil to start my car (runs after starting without the jump). I had the underdash harness reconditioned. I unplug the middle harness from the bulkhead connector under thee hood and check the dark blue wire and the brown wire and neither one is showing power(with key in on or start position),but it will run as stated earlier. So I decide to hook up a test light from the neg on the battery to the power on the coil. Sitting there with the door open ,I turn the key on,power to coil.OK . Turn key to start(disconnected wire to relay) and light goes out,bad. Have disconnect on neg battery post,close door ,tell wife to unscrew disconnect. Forgot keys in car open door light goes on,still hooked up to neg batt and coil. Close door and light goes out.Open door again light goes on. Put meter on pos post and groung to engine,somehow getting 7.5 volts with disconnect ,disconneted. :brickwall: :brickwall: I plan on pulling my ign switch to check for power to brown wire  :shruggy: but the other stuff I wouldn't mind some suggestions. Thanks
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

Chryco Psycho

if you have isolated the battery from the circuit with the disconnect there should be no power to anything , the only thing I can think of is a charged capacitor , should be dead in 5 mins . I have no clue where to look for power without the battery
the brown wire terminal is likely the issue with the ign switch