News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

just football talk, College or NFL

Started by Budnicks, October 23, 2011, 06:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budnicks

Quote from: bull on November 28, 2011, 02:48:59 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on November 28, 2011, 02:35:38 PM
i still think its amazing that one person can entirely turn a team around.

Another example: Phil Knight with his gobs o' cash have bought the best team Oregon can buy. Thanks to his dumb luck with a waffle iron, UO is becoming a power house.
"Just Win Baby"  :2thumbs: "GO DUCKS" Thanks to the goodness of Phil Night {Nike} & The AFC West leading "Raiders" are finally "both" on top at the same time, It's been a "long time" since I could brag about both my favorite football teams at the same time...   Far more in my opinion, Mike Bellotti {spelling?} was a major key to the turn around in the 90's, long before current head coach Chip Kelly who is doing a great job also, but the "Nike" money doesn't hurt any, that's for damn sure, just like all other big college programs that have major friends of the Alumni supporting them {for example I wonder how much Jerry Jones, supports Arkansas ? or How much Al Davis supported USC ?}... Now & for quite a while University of Oregon has Phil Night to thank, they have been able to update the athletic facilities amongst many others, at the school "big time", since I went there in 78-81, it helps with to be competitive with recruiting "a megaton", to get some quality players that would have gone some were else, normally before in the past...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: bull on November 28, 2011, 02:15:22 PM
I'd just like to congratulate my two favorite teams on their wins this week: the Raiders (of course) and whomever happens to be playing the Seahawks, which in this case was the Skins.

This week my two favorite teams are the Oakland Raiders and the Philadelphia Eagles.
Hey we like the same teams The RAIDERS & mine is the whomever happens to be playing the Patriots, Chiefs, Broncos or Chargers...LOL... Sorry guys I had to do that... I'm not a big fan of the Seahawks either

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 27, 2011, 07:54:39 PM
the donkeys do it again. whoa man. :shruggy: look out oakland, tebow is coming for ya. :smilielol: he might win this division. :o
Yep Tim Tebow he's a real wonder right now, he did it to "The Raiders" once already just a while ago, to start their wining streak... I hope the defense schemes for him allot better next time & the kick & punt coverage teams, get their acts together...

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 28, 2011, 02:35:38 PM
i still think its amazing that one person can entirely turn a team around. case in point, colts are top of the heap. this year they cant win a game. chiefs d took pitt apart and if it were not for 2 in a row horrible passes, pitt get beat. the donkeys cant win a game. you get someone else in the game and they win 5 of 6. yea it is definately the defense that keeps the other team down, but with a quarterback not giving the ball up like KC did deep in their own zone, the outlook is different. if tebow gave up the ball at the twenty a couple times in a row how long can the defense keep the door shut? ask KC from last night. when the ball is controled and the defense is working, you need to score less to win.
Yep with out Peyton Manning the Colts seem to be nothing & the Broncos with Tebow are winning...

BOSSHEMI

just your avg "car guy"

Budnicks

:hah: The Saints looked pretty darn good last night against the Giants...  here's something fro the Saints fans...  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Budnicks

If anyone is interested the week 13 Thursday Night game is Eagles @ Seahawks, not exactly a great match up game is it ?... I just can't bring myself to routing for the  :slap: Eagles, as much as I may dislike the Seahawks from days of the past AFC west, I just can't  :brickwall:...

TK73

Would like to catch the Hawks game but not gonna pay NFL Network extortion money...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Budnicks

Quote from: TK73 on December 01, 2011, 02:05:21 PM
Would like to catch the Hawks game but not gonna pay NFL Network extortion money...
Fortunately we get NFL Network free now with our Comcast Infinity Second tier sports package crap, along with ESPN 2 & Speed Channel...

nvrbdn

im celebrating. i am the read 2222 at the top of the page. :2thumbs: as far as the game, i picked the eagles to win. dont care for either team, just gotta pic for my sheet. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TheGhost

Quote from: Budnicks on December 01, 2011, 01:54:25 PM
If anyone is interested the week 13 Thursday Night game is Eagles @ Seahawks, not exactly a great match up game is it ?... I just can't bring myself to routing for the  :slap: Eagles, as much as I may dislike the Seahawks from days of the past AFC west, I just can't  :brickwall:...

I can.  F@#k Pete Carrol.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Budnicks

I didn't get to see the game we had a wind storm that took out everything phone cable & power lines from 4:00pm yesterday afternoon to early this morning, I guess the Seahawks won the game, "wow someone other than the 49ers won a game in the NFC west", it was a tossup to pick them, I guess it was just a home field advantage maybe...          What does everyone think of Donavon McNab asked to be released from the Vikings ?, & granted the release...   Do you think he's going back to Philly ?, they need a QB again that's for sure !!!  or some other place were they have a batch of banged up QB's, that wants yet another washed up veteran QB, for too high of a price, that should have retired when he wasn't resigned by Philly in the 1st place... It seems to be a trend in the NFL lately...

Budnicks

Quote from: TheGhost on December 01, 2011, 09:49:03 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on December 01, 2011, 01:54:25 PM

I can.  F@#k Pete Carrol.
That's funny tell us what you really think..LOL...  He should have stayed at USC, were he was a great head coach... Personally, I don't think he wanted to deal with all of the NCAA 3 years of penalties & sanctioning, that he left behind there, after the Reggie Bush era friends of the Alumni debacle, amongst other things I'm sure.... 

Budnicks

:2thumbs: 1st ever Pac-12 anaugural Championship Game {5:00pm pacific time} tonight UCLA @ Oregon... The "Ducks" will no doubt probably thuroughly thrash the underdog "Bruins"...    :hah: 1st ever Big-10 Championship tomorrow Wisconsin @ Mich. St., it should be a decent game...    :smilielol: :smilielol: The SEC Championship game the "underdog" Georgia Bulldogs take on the #1 LSU Tigers, I got the feeling LSU will not take it easy on them...   :flame: Big-12 Match ups Texas @ Baylor it's a you pick them & Oklahoma @ Oklahoma St. that will probably be a good game.... Any thoughts  :icon_smile_question:

nvrbdn

georgia looks good this year. ive watched several of their games. but LSU is a monster. oklahoma state has something to prove so i expect them to be on their game. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TheGhost

Quote from: Budnicks on December 01, 2011, 01:54:25 PMPersonally, I don't think he wanted to deal with all of the NCAA 3 years of penalties & sanctioning, that he left behind there, after the Reggie Bush era friends of the Alumni debacle, amongst other things I'm sure....  

And that is why I hate Pete Carrol.  He broke the rules, then ran away like the little bitch that is he is when he got caught.  He deserves to have his career plummet in flames, as well as the business end of a pointy stick dipped in Tabasco sauce shoved up his rear.

Hate that guy.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Budnicks

Quote from: TheGhost on December 02, 2011, 11:46:05 PM

Quote from: Budnicks on December 01, 2011, 01:54:25 PMPersonally, I don't think he wanted to deal with all of the NCAA 3 years of penalties & sanctioning, that he left behind there, after the Reggie Bush era friends of the Alumni debacle, amongst other things I'm sure....  

And that is why I hate Pete Carrol.  He broke the rules, then ran away like the little bitch that is he is when he got caught.  He deserves to have his career plummet in flames, as well as the business end of a pointy stick dipped in Tabasco sauce shoved up his rear.

Hate that guy.
Wow... Tell us what you really think...LOL... You do know it wasn't him that cheated it was specific  players, maybe he had knowledge of it, who knows, but there are far more many other programs that are far dirtier, LSU, Auburn, Ohio State, Penn State, Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame & many, many others, far too many to list with no NCAA reprocussions {spelling?} at all, now after saying that, I'm not defending the guy for sure, but that also doesn't excuse him, the players or the school from cheating, but it wasn't all Pete Carrol's fault that's for damn sure, at least the Pac-12 self polices their programs...

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on December 02, 2011, 07:49:05 PM
georgia looks good this year. ive watched several of their games. but LSU is a monster. oklahoma state has something to prove so i expect them to be on their game. :yesnod:
They Georgia looked damn good in the 1st halve, then got their a$$e$ waxed in the second halve, oh well, that would have made for an interesting BCS standings if Georgia had won.... 42-10 LSU undefeated...

Budnicks

:hah: Oregon is in the Rose Bowl at least "GO DUCKS" 1st ever Pac-12 Champions, Yea Ha!!! who will play with them  :icon_smile_question: Baylor wooped on Texas... Wisc. & Mich. St. , Okl. & Okl St. still to come... who will prevail  :icon_smile_question:...

Budnicks

Well it looks like Wisconsin & Oregon in the Rose bowl...   :2thumbs: "GO DUCKS" ....  I can't believe, the Raiders are getting wooped on by the Dolphins 13-0 1st half... Oh well  :brickwall:...    Broncos@ Vikings,  Chiefs @ Bears, Chargers @ Jags,  Rams @ 49ers,  Lions @ Saints,  Packers @ New York,  Falcons @ Texans...   Just a few games of interest for me anyway, who all will win today  :icon_smile_question:

nvrbdn

did the raiders miss their flight this weekend???  chiefs actually look pretty good through 3.of course da bears are missing forte with a knee and of course cutler. mcnab may be heading to chicago. then tebow is keeping it close. can he do it again????
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

ok, the kid did it again. he keeps coming back to win games. i dont think any team in our division will go too far in the playoffs, but like last year i would at least like to get there and play 1 more game. someone better find out how to beat those donkeys or it will be them. :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on December 04, 2011, 03:29:14 PM
did the raiders miss their flight this weekend???  chiefs actually look pretty good through 3.of course da bears are missing forte with a knee and of course cutler. mcnab may be heading to chicago. then tebow is keeping it close. can he do it again????
Oh my god the Raiders looked like a rank Pop Warner team not a division leading NFL team, that's for damn sure, there is no excuse for that type of play "what so ever"... Freaken Tim Tebow is 6 wins & 1 loss as a starter, who would have thought the Broncos would have come all the way back, like they have... KC pulled 1 off... Lets see what happens tonight with the Chargers @ the Jaguars should be an even match up...   No one picked up Donovan McNabb on waivers, after Viking waived him, now he's a free agent, I wonder who wants a washed up old, overpaid, overhyped, veteran... Or if he will finally retire like he should have after Philly canned him, nothing worse than seeing a once good QB hang on a few years too long.... I think Peyton Manning will end up going out the same way, it seems to be a veteran QB trend...

Budnicks

:hah: Lions imploded Sunday, beat themselves with stupid a$$ penalties, the refs seemed to have it out for them last night, with all the bull$hit personal fouls, receiver's pushing off & offensive interference penalties, seemed kind of 1 sided in my opinion, I really hate when refs seem determine the out come of a game...  Green Bay looked "damn good" @ New York "like normal, Aaron Rodgers is the man", I can't say it hurts my feeling any to see Eli go down...   S.F. 49ers "wooped on the lowly Rams yet once again", Frank Gore is the team best ever yards from scrimmage rusher now for S.F., something like 7500+ career rushing yard...   Looks like it will be an all SEC NCAA National Championship Game again, Freaken SEC...   LSU & Alabama "Roll Tide"

Budnicks

:hah: looks like everyone except the Raiders won  :brickwall: in the AFC West the week... :rofl:  49er's clinched weak a$$ NFC West division & Packers clinched NFC North division again, only week 14 with 2 of 8 divisions clinched already....     Oh Boy... The Raiders get to play the Packers next  :brickwall:...