News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where are the date codes on BF Goodrich radial t/a's?

Started by DixieRestoParts, October 22, 2011, 04:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DixieRestoParts

Hey Guys,

A guy has a set of Radial T/A's for sale locally, but doesn't know how old they are. Does anyone know where the date codes are on these tires and how to read them? Any help appreciated, they're for my son's Demon. He spent 2 hours clay barring it today. Not bad for a 13 yr old. Now if I can just get him to cut the grass.......

Thanks !!

Randy
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

68coronetGLwannabe

They should be on the sidewall (only one side) It should be 4 numbers and say DOT by them. The last number will tell the year they were made
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

John_Kunkel

If they were manufactured after 2000 the date code is specific but if before 2000 it can't be pinned down as easy.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=11&;
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

DixieRestoParts

Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

resq302

Quote from: John_Kunkel on October 22, 2011, 05:03:11 PM

If they were manufactured after 2000 the date code is specific but if before 2000 it can't be pinned down as easy.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=11&

John,

Hell of a tip.  Thanks! :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto