News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Charger Build - aka "Punishment"

Started by verticalflight, October 17, 2011, 09:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Quote from: Budnicks on June 28, 2012, 08:27:47 PM
With all the metal fab skills shown on the rest car, why all the wood in the interior ??, Just curious...

Interior guys always use mdf because it's so easy to work with and the price is right.  I don't think the guy doing the bodywork is doing the interior.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Budnicks

I get the easy to work with deal & sound quality deal for the stereo crap, but it's just a different material choice for making a console & extremely heavy stuff too  :shruggy: , not criticizing, I think it looks good, for what he's doing, just thought with all that metal/fab talent, doing all the other metal/fab work on the interior, doors & many other parts, they would have used sheet metal instead {or even fiberglass or Carbon fiber,much lighter}, then just add sound deadening, if it was for any stereo crap...  :Twocents:  just my curiosity getting the best of me...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Dino

I think a metal console and such would be just fine and whoever's doing the body certainly has the talent for it, but the interior guys are a breed apart and will stick to what works for them as we all do.  And I mean that in an absolutely good way, I love what those guys and gals can do.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Budnicks

Quote from: Dino on June 29, 2012, 12:40:03 PM
I think a metal console and such would be just fine and whoever's doing the body certainly has the talent for it, but the interior guys are a breed apart and will stick to what works for them as we all do.  And I mean that in an absolutely good way, I love what those guys and gals can do.
:2thumbs:

verticalflight

Wicked72

M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Budnicks

It's looking impressive... allot of work, far from stock looking for sure...

tan top

:o  some awesome  fabrication going  on , nice work  :bow:   :2thumbs:
 not for me , deviating  that far from stock looking !!   :rotz:
but looking forward to seeing  more pictures & stuff     :yesnod:  :cheers: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

verticalflight

Some newer pics... On the home stretch now!

Memphis Mopar

ACUDANUT

Love the body work.  I am not digging the interior though. But hey, your car...your way. Cheers.

chargd72

Looking sweet!  What is the interior guy using to smooth out the corners on the wood?

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

6pkrtse

Surprisingly, the rear tail light kind of fits the body style well. Not something I would do but doesn't look that bad.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Finn

Wow, that came out way better than I imagined, very nice! Are you planning on doing some custom headlights to keep it balanced? HIDs?
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Fred

Wow!  that looks really good (tail lights).   I like it  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Quote from: ChargerD100 on October 19, 2011, 08:10:28 AM
Quote from: Dino on October 19, 2011, 07:19:42 AM
If you really want to go custom and get the shaved look you can always build handles flush into the door.

I've been debating using the '69 style Corvette door handle (but painted to match for the shaved illusion like the later years) on top of the door or even the '70 Challenger flush handle on mine.. just some ideas...
Cool design. Lets talk door handles. I agree that our cars look the best with them on, but flushed look good as well.  Kindig It Design make a set of flush mounted door handles that look like the originals.  I saw them on Gearz and on Hot Rod Tv on a Caddy.  Very trick.
As far as taillights, nice to see something different.  I'm thinking about using digital ones from Digi Tails.  The whole light works instead of just part of it.  They are also very bright so even some idiot not paying attention might even see them.  
I should have joined a little bit quicker.  I'm new at this. The car build looks killer . :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

speedfreak68

I'd like a little more information on that headliner, looks awesome!!  Maybe you could get your builder to give away a little how to?

Budnicks

Ghoste

I like the tail treatment.  Be interested to see what you are talking about with the door handles.

Hemidog

I'm loving this build! I wish I had these modification skills!  :drool5:

70chargerkrazy

now thats what i call a one off looks great good for you and your vision hope its all you dreamed it would be keep pics coming   :2thumbs: :popcrn:

Patronus

Finally! Some pinned bumpers!  :drool5:
Love-love, love that rear valence too.  :popcrn:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

verticalflight

Latest pics.

I hope you guys like the result from the area behind the rear seats - notice the scallops that we used, similar to the scallops on the outside of the doors :)

JB400

It just keeps getting better and better :2thumbs:

70chargerkrazy

holy crap thats wicked kool keep up the great work cant wait to see it finished :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :popcrn: