News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fourth generation muscle

Started by super77se, October 07, 2011, 04:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Tired Rebel

You know Lance both sets of wheels look great on it. The steelies gives it a more factory look

skip68

:cheers:   I love it.   :2thumbs:   Looks great brother.   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

super77se

Quote from: Old Tired Rebel on February 11, 2013, 01:52:57 PM
You know Lance both sets of wheels look great on it. The steelies gives it a more factory look

thanks guys

super77se

heres my custom one off new decals for the scoop when i get the 440 in it. the 440 4 BBL of course. yes i know its a plymouth design but it works

JB400

Nice to see a nice looking 77.  As far as mold making, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgKvDw1E60E

This is for carbon fiber, but the mold making process is the same

super77se

i need to check that out, thank you

i like the steels a lot

super77se

the guy that made these decals did a great job for me. heres the old 360 4 barrels he made.

1973rallye

Love the car, the color and the steelies with the dog dish. I would really LOVE to see it lowered, but thats me. Since it is your car you are free to do what you please. Having said that, a big thumbs up.
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

brigond

Mopars are like the Hot Wheel/Matchbox cars from when I was a kid ...  Bad A@@ and Cool!!!

My other hobby is practicing the ancient art of CLICK! POW!

super77se

Quote from: 1973rallye on February 11, 2013, 02:15:13 PM
Love the car, the color and the steelies with the dog dish. I would really LOVE to see it lowered, but thats me. Since it is your car you are free to do what you please. Having said that, a big thumbs up.

thank you. as soon as the 440 is in and i decide on a more permanant tire size , the whole car will get dropped. i cant seem to make up my mind on a tire/rim combo. ive even considered a more pro-touring look with 17" rims. here is a rendering i found somewhere

Old Tired Rebel

Hey Lance is the Cordoba a hint? LOL

super77se

LOL Cliff , it very well could be !

Old Tired Rebel

We will have to talk about that when I get back LOL .

super77se

just think .........it could be MUCH worse

Old Tired Rebel

super77se

haha ! all its missing is a set of 35" tires

super77se

this is 3 days after i got it. as you can see , the PO had the springs re-arched , they were so sprung when i took off the shocks the rear end snapped up

Ram07

Quote from: 1973rallye on February 11, 2013, 02:15:13 PM

:iagree:...prefer the look of it with the front bumper back on as well....

Very cool car... :2thumbs:

Paul G

I guess you dont have any missions problems where you are? That is a real bummer here. Putting together something cool is really impossible when it comes to passing emissions.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Old Tired Rebel

I know here in Oklahoma no emissions or inspections. In NC where I am from there is only safety inspections unless the car is 35 years and older no inspection at all. 1996 in NC gets the whole thing emissions and safety inspections. FL doesn't have inspections at all.

super77se

Quote from: Paul G on February 11, 2013, 05:34:02 PM
I guess you dont have any missions problems where you are? That is a real bummer here. Putting together something cool is really impossible when it comes to passing emissions.

not here in Colorado Springs. no emissions what-so-ever. no inspections or anything. simply take the registration and proof of insurance down to the DMV and get new tags. makes thing so much better. i think 2002 was the last year , then it was phased out completely.

polywideblock

Quote from: super77se on February 11, 2013, 01:48:21 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on February 11, 2013, 01:18:28 PM
im really glad to see this thread opened back up. i absolutely love this car.

now, have you thought about mabey tucking the front bumper in a bit? shave an inch or two out of the middle and bring in the outsides? do you have a rusted one? see what a painted bumper would look like? :shruggy:

thank you and thanks to you guys for the good comments. i didnt mean to be so harsh in my previous replies but sometimes i can only take so much negativity in my own thread. if people dont like what they see, it only takes one click to make it disappear lol

if i had a way to make a fiberglass from bumper i would probably go that route. i havent had much time to experiment with it. ive been building this 440 for it and it should be going in soon. i have to work with the 727 for now . im hoping to gather up some pieces for a 4 speed in the future, my previous deal never materialized lol.

all the pics here are over a year old with the exception of the 440 pics , i had been playing around with different wheel and tire combinations incliding the 15 x 10 and 15 x 8 slots. yes , i totally agree that the back end of this thing had been way too high, but that was basically the last thing i was getting worked out after i decide on a tire/wheel combination i like. i have 4 different sets of tires and wheels for this thing and the ride height is going to depend on which set i go with. the last crappy pic is after i dropped the rear 3" and the front 2". the rear tires are 235/75/15 on a 15x7 steel wheel which are a really tall tires already, the fronts are 195/65/15 on a 15 x 6.5 steel wheel. the dog dishes and painted wheels look pretty good.
dude go with the steelies and dog dish hub caps that looks A1  :2thumbs:   if you think people are harsh about your car, try owning a  green 1960 dodge phoenix with a 318 poly in it.

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

RallyeMike

Frankly, I think this is one of the coolest cars on this site. It's unique. I think it looks best with no front bumper (ala gasser-style), with the spun aluminum wheels, and sky high in the air.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

472 R/T SE

Most seem to forget that this look was as common back in the '70s as returning them to factory is today.  Only thing missing with your car is painting the rear end, springs, gas tank & shocks all white. That would help complete the look.  I remember guys' even mounting lights on the backs' of the traction bars.  Anyway, where's your "hiJackers" decal;D

Is there not a pinion snubber on those smaller rear ends'?

I think it looks cool.  If it were mine I'd have to mount some bigger rubber on the rears' to show there's reason why the butt's so high.

Why aren't you running a front bumper.  Does it have something to do with the removal of your inner fenders'?  Man I'd hate to get in a front end collision with it.  That motor would most likely end up sitting next to you, not good.

Budnicks

cool ride super77se  :2thumbs: , not everyone has to own a gen 1-2-3 earlier Charger, it would be a boring world if everyone had the same thing...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks