News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge Charger Ski Rack question??

Started by northeastsurfing, October 01, 2011, 02:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northeastsurfing

Anyone know the best way to attach a ski rack to a 2006 Dodge Charger? I need a ski rack and cant find a safe one, it seems the gutter on the dodge charger are not that deep to hold one?? Please help?

daveco

R/Tree

A383Wing

RallyeMike

Self-taping sheet metal screws work well.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Tilar

Quote from: A383Wing on October 01, 2011, 03:06:27 PM
weld it on  :D

Welding helmet - Check
Spot welder - Check
Can of Rustoleum - Check

10 minutes and your good to go!  :2thumbs:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Daytona R/T SE

Bash out the back window and shove the skis in...

northeastsurfing

So basically no one has any clue, lol.

Dodgecharger74

74 charger se
82 dodge PU fleetside short box 440
05 magnum 5.7 Hemi
04 rumble bee hemi

71charger

Quote from: Dodgecharger74 on October 01, 2011, 04:12:08 PM
real chargers don't have ski racks

AMEN. you should sell that seden and get yourself a real charger. just cause it says "charger" on the car doesnt mean its a real charger
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

bull

I'm sure that Thule and Yakima have fastener kits to install ski racks on the '06 Whatchamacallit.

northeastsurfing

It is a Hemi brother, I just didn't like the chrome grill so I changed it after an accident, I customized the exhaust, sounds nice, and put in a cold air system, it moves..

A383Wing

it's not a real Hemi either..has dog-dish pistons...just because plugs go through valve cover doesn't make it a Hemi

kokxville

Well...let me explane a little.
This site is for dodge chargers,so why ask here  :shruggy:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

A383Wing

MoparManJim

Quote from: A383Wing on October 01, 2011, 08:27:24 PM
Quote from: Dodgecharger74 on October 01, 2011, 04:12:08 PM
real chargers don't have ski racks

or four doors

Or a fart can to make it sound like it has alot of power either. Real chargers has the real deal, an the sound to back it all up too.  :2thumbs:

bull

Jeez, this is a first. I'm the only nice guy in an '06 "Charger" thread. Someone que the Twilight Zone theme song...

MoparManJim

Quote from: bull on October 01, 2011, 08:58:41 PM
Jeez, this is a first. I'm the only nice guy in an '06 "Charger" thread. Someone que the Twilight Zone theme song...

I don't believe I'm going to say this, but for once "I agree with you" on that. 

bull

Quote from: MoparManJim on October 01, 2011, 09:00:47 PM

I don't believe I'm going to say this either but your writing above is quite nice. Everything is spelled correctly, proper puncutation and capitalization, etc. What the hell is going on around here?

A383Wing

spell check feature was possibly used...just a guess

Hudson Hornet !

I don't know about the ski rack, but at least you bought an american car instead of some foreign POS.  As for the rest of you guys...give him a break, huh? He is only 3 posts old!
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

BananaDan

Quote from: bull on October 01, 2011, 09:38:52 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on October 01, 2011, 09:00:47 PM

I don't believe I'm going to say this either but your writing above is quite nice. Everything is spelled correctly, proper puncutation and capitalization, etc. What the hell is going on around here?

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Chargen69

Quote from: daveco on October 01, 2011, 02:58:50 PM
You'll probably get more information here:
http://www.lxforums.com/board/index.php

I dont like the new chargers anymore than most of the people on this forum, but this is where the thread should have stopped.  Anybody think, or care about the image this guy has now about dodgecharger.com ?   WE GOT IT, you guys hate the new charger. I think it sucks that people get the "you aint work a $hit attitude because they think they can get help here.

bull

Quote from: Chargen69 on October 01, 2011, 11:03:35 PM

I dont like the new chargers anymore than most of the people on this forum, but this is where the thread should have stopped.  Anybody think, or care about the image this guy has now about dodgecharger.com ?   WE GOT IT, you guys hate the new charger. I think it sucks that people get the "you aint work a $hit attitude because they think they can get help here.

And sometimes they come here just to push buttons. If that's the case he's probably smiling right now.

A383Wing

Quote from: Hudson Hornet ! on October 01, 2011, 09:56:44 PM
I don't know about the ski rack, but at least you bought an american car instead of some foreign POS.  As for the rest of you guys...give him a break, huh? He is only 3 posts old!

he started it

Chargen69

Quote from: bull on October 01, 2011, 11:09:24 PM
Quote from: Chargen69 on October 01, 2011, 11:03:35 PM

And sometimes they come here just to push buttons. If that's the case he's probably smiling right now.

True