News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Halloween, gremlins & scary Chargers

Started by XS29LA47V21, September 27, 2011, 11:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

TexasStroker

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on October 25, 2011, 05:09:11 PM
Quote from: TexasStroker on October 24, 2011, 11:46:02 PM
Beater?  I'd daily drive the car as is...toss in the flannel in the winter and a little scruff and the fast lane is yours!

This is one of my favorite themed threads...

If you fast forward to the 2:10 mark you can see the Charger with "Motorhead" from yesterday's Halloween Spooktacular:
http://www.lonestarmopars.com/news/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=145:mopars-at-the-hooters-halloween-spooktacular-show&catid=37:event-videos

That was and remains the plan, just about done with it actually, couple interior items/PW/AC/htr issues remain. (beater drivers where are they these days?).  Did hammer on it at the track this wked, that was fun. :2thumbs:
We have a thing at the kids school this coming wkend where I plan to deck it out with my kids.

Awesome!  I know I feel like I am one of the few that appreciates a primered car...if the car has the rough look with original paint that is sometimes even better.  If nothing else I would enjoy it like you plan to do and then later on if you decide to paint it or go a different direction you haven't hurt anything.  The Charger in the Halloween video has hand prints all over it from kids and adults.  I don't touch my own car, so it kind of sucks to have others do it  :eyes:  I NEVER have this issue with the Duster (a car that hears, "That would be a nice car if you'd paint it!"quite a bit).  There is definitely somtehing to be had with a "beater."

Your Charger is in perfect shape...it isn't really a beater, but the lack of a shiny paint job will keep most away and you get to enjoy driving the baddest car on the road.  If I'm ever fortunate enough to have a project Charger I will likely enjoy it in the rough body/needs paint, but has a built motor and will blow your doors off mode for many years  :coolgleamA:  Yours just looks wicked in the black!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

XS29LA47V21

Thanks Mr. Txstroker, fun for sure.

Well my first "trunk or treat" school Halloween event took place.  Still seemed appropriate, what could be much better than a crusty old black dodge within the stack of  :eek2: SUVs and minivans :lol: :lol:. Ok, maybe a hearse.  No other old cars, that was kinda sad :rotz:.  Some kids did like the old car, especially the older boys and a couple men recognized what they were looking at ;D.  Only one fella was slightly confused asking if it was a 1974 or 75 dodge?

Anymore scary dodges or dodge stories?  Today is the day........  :shruggy:

TexasStroker

Very nice!  Looks like it was a blast...sucks there were no more older cars though...I'm glad to hear a few recognized and appreciated the Charger being in the mix!

I'll try to pull some stills or find pics from previous years set-ups.
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

TexasStroker

I guess all my "new" shots are at home...this was an early debut of "Motorhead." 

I love the fact that Halloween lets me reassure brand-x drivers that their suspicions of Mopars not liking them are correct  :yesnod:

I've added a bit to it over the years...but you can see the intent.  Really looks good at the Halloween shows...surprisingly it was a lot of little girls that enjoyed it the most this year.  The adults seemed more interested in the skittles and starburst  :lol:

www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

XS29LA47V21

:popcrn:  Time has come around again, anyone have Halloween plans with the kid and that involve your Charger this halloween?  Or new scary Charger photos?

Taking the beater to a trunk or treat at the kids school again this yr. :2thumbs:

VegasCharger

Does this count? My original battery tray from a '68 Charger. Since been replaced with new repop.

But it has a trace of orange and jagged edges from the rust. SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!

DrHemi

Wow you actually had a battery tray to pull out?! I'm still not sure how mine stayed in.
1938 Packard 120
1957 Studebaker Silver Hawk
1963 Ford Fairlane 500
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (RIP due to code enforcement)
1970 Dodge Charger 500
1972 MG Midget
1987 Maserati BiTurbo Si

VegasCharger

Yes, and actually there was a battery resting on top of it LOL!

billfury

Not a charger but here's my 72 coronet wagon done up.

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

Thats a cool pic Cooter.  An automotive horror themed photo I never expected in this thread.  :2thumbs: :cheers:

XS29LA47V21

:cheers:  The wagon up there looks great.

Did the kids school "trunk or treat" deal again this yr with the crusty old black Dodge.  Last year I was the only old car among the suburban's/SUVs and this year there was three old cars.  The Yogi Bear and ranger was funny and really nice truck.  :2thumbs:

So this year I got ask: Is it my car about 10 times (yes), are you fixing it up about 5 times (no..it's done), did I haul it here twice (no, drove it) and one lady asked me if I rented it. :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :hah:

XS29LA47V21

XS29LA47V21

So no one else did any Halloween activities with their Charger, (or old cars), kids, family and friends.   :-\ :shruggy:

moparstuart

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on November 01, 2012, 09:36:00 AM
So no one else did any Halloween activities with their Charger, (or old cars), kids, family and friends.   :-\ :shruggy:
we did an HPAC trunk or treat mopar cruise but i didnt have anything moving under its own power  so i just spectated 

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE