News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fess Up!..... Stupid Things We Did While Driving In our Teens.

Started by TruckDriver, January 16, 2006, 06:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandit72

wow, i'm only 18 and i've already had more close calls than i can count

1. here in my area on a gravel road there is a "slight" jog in the road where it goes right (acutally this slight jog is a 90 degree right turned followed by a 90degree left turn about 100 feet later...) anyway, me and my buddy james after driving my first car around for about an hour (68 ford ltd) he bets me that i can't take these corners at 45...well of course i'm 10 feet tall and bullit proof, so i had to prove to him that i could do it at 55!!!  we got going and got up to about 55 miles an hour, coming up on this corner (55 seemed alot faster at this time than it ever had before) and i'm trying to figure how much i could "slide" before i hit the fence, well about 100 feet from the turn i figure this is when i have to do it...i crank the wheel hard, and give it alittle gas to kick the back end out (big boat of a car had a posi for some reason) anyway, after getting it sideways i put it in neautral to keep from being "pushed" forward...i nail the first turn, genuine dukes of hazzard stuff right there, unfortunatly the 2nd turn came up alittle faster than i could correct and crank teh wheel the other direction, we almost made it too..but we slid sideways intot he barbed wire fence, luckily we didn't do much damage to the fence...had 3 or 4 neet looking dents in the side of the car though...

2. next car, 77 mercury cougar, stock but that stock 400 would go....going up a hilll on my way back from "draggin main" in our rival town...i'm hurrying back for a number of reasons, and i get behind this SLOW car...well the hill isn't that steep, but there is a very gradual curv toward the top, well i figure, "hey it's 11 o'clock what are the odds of someone else coming down this road and being in teh same spot, and anway, it's dark, so i can see the lights coming if there was anyone" well i pulled the car into 2nd gear, and held it there until we got next to teh car we were passing then put it back in drive to casually "walk away from him" well get it in drive, look up, and boom, there is a car coming toward me on the other side of the hill.... i started thinking what to do, i just put it back in second, put the hammer down, pulled away...we missed both cars by 3 feet i swear...that time i was honestly scared for my life, (and everyone else in teh car) i think we drove the speed limit the rest of the way home.

i have many many more, but i don't have time to type them all up, maybe some other time, for starters, i can tell you that 77 cougars fly really straight if you hit the right set of railroad tracks doing 80 mph.....
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

andy74

i bought a 77 ford ltd sedan for a winter beater,in 1988 or 89,so i was about 16 or 17.one night me,my 2 best friends and all of our girl friends,plus my little brother were out driving around,when we saw a guy set a case of beer on the ground at a grocery parking lot,then forget it and leave! needless to say,we grabbed that sucker! so 2 hours latter,and should not have been driving,we decide were gonna jump these step ass rail road tracks,about 3 miles from home-seemed like a good idea at the time.next thing i know,the rear springs are poking into the trunk and the back tires rubbed like hell. only good thing was my parents were away,and my great grandmother was at our house watching my youngest brother-so i snuck  the car in the garage,and we had her weleded and patched before my dad got home the next night-

another time,same buddies,but one of them driving his 83 cordoba,see some girls we are trying to impress at the mall,so he floors the gas,and we sail across the parking lot,only to hit a brand new concrete culvert and rip off the drivers front wheel

last one for now,we are all driving down the interstate,about 10 at night,we all worked within a block of each other so we car pooled on school nights,this time in my 72 olds 442,when my friend says,man this thing has a vibration-natuarlly i tell him he is retarded,and ignore the slight shake,until we pull off the hi way to turn home,and the drivers side front wheel falls off! the guy who just installed my new tires the night before hadnt torqued my lugs,and we found loose ones on every wheel-after blasting at 90 for a half hour before,some one up there must like me

dkn1997

lets see:

at age 17, the night before high school graduation,, two other guys and I went into a canal in a 74 firebird.  Friend #4 shows up in pickup truck to drag us out and dragged the car right into a boat, at this point, the cops put a stop to it and made us get a tow truck.  We made up a story about getting cut off, but the lynch mob of neighbors in bathrobes at midnight told the cop a different story ie: the truth.  we were just flying around the neighborhood and F'd up and went into the drink.  The cop was really cool and just told us to get the hell out of there.  that cost us half the exhaust and misc. fiberglass boat repair charges.  How do you report that to your insurance?

Here is one for any Long Island Members:  leaving the OBI one night circa 1993 in a 74 impala 4 door (our "bar car")  in the middle of the robert moses causeway bridge, we stop, I get out and proceed to lay on the hood on my stomach facing the driver, bombed (both of us) daring him to get me off.  After driving @1.5 miles at highway speeds,  to teach me a lesson, he gets off the exit for good samaritan hospital, drives with me on the hood into the emergency driveway (u shaped) at about 40 mph telling me this is where I will end up some day. 

Used to work at a public swimming pool, very big pool with huge deck.  another friend and I worked the night shift as "filter operators"  it was his turn to work.  The rest of the group and I go out and get loaded as usual.  On the way home, we popped in for "visit" to the pool.  by visit I mean driving around the pool deck at about 25mph barely missing all sorts of lounge chairs and coming pretty close to putting it into the pool itself.  Oh yeah, I was on the hood of the "bar car" again.

cruising in the "bar car," actually sober this time, we spot a drunk coming out of a bar parking lot, all over the road, totally wasted this guy was.  We "fake" pull him over, flashing the lights on and off, bla bla bla (round headlights, but this guy was so bombed, he pulled over anyway)  so we just blow past him laughing and he chases us.  We end up going about 60 in a 30 past 2 cops in a parking lot.  We took off down a side street and got home.  we switched cars and went back to the area in time to see the other guy trying on a set of charm bracelets courtesy of the man.\

Not one detail of any of those stories was made up or embeleshed in any way.  That's how I can tolerate being an average guy with a mortgage, wife, and kids.  I just think back on the old days and smile and thank god to still be here.  I will not be one of these 40 year old guys who dumps him family to relive the youth he thinks he missed out on.  I lived plenty.  I even got to have sex with drunk girls in college, so it's all good for me......

RECHRGED

Danny Gutierrez

In the late 80's, Iron Maiden was coming to town (Albuquerque) so me and my buddies climb into my primer grey 69 Charger and head to the concert.  Along the way we see a group of chicks in full concert dress walking along the street.  Of course we are all high as kites so we pull over and invite all 6 girls into the car!!!  I now have me in the driver seat, a chick sitting on my center console, my buddy and a chick in the passenger seat, and 6 people in the back seat!!!  It was the middle of summer and the car still had the original 2 barrell 318.  Well she started to vaporlock and stall in the middle of very busy streets.  I had to keep turning her over and get her started on the way. In the meantime my "friends" kept puffing away on their pipes and "funny" cigarettes the whole way!  When we got to the arena I ended up passing out in my Charger and I missed the first act (L.A. Guns)!!!  NO, I did not get laid!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
1969 Dodge Charger, second owner.  The first owner was my Dad.

dodgeboy67

well where do i start?

.... backing the z 28 up to the front doors of the school on a hot summer day and filling the school with smokin rubber was a good one.....if im not mistaken the marks are still there

.... seeing how many times i could drive by the police station through downtown at 90 + mph without getting caught(only once) was good for the night in jail

....seein how fast you can drive next to your buddy at 11 pm down a windy ass 2 lane road without headlights....what a rush!!!!!!!!!!!
DAMN I WAS DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..... car tag was fun

.......but lets not forget the time we tried to see which was more powerful, a 400 v8 trans am , or a 78 mustang 4 cyl....right in the middle of town...welll of course the t/a won , but it turns out that bumper to bumper push fests will get you in trouble too.....not to mention over heat your t/a and fry the heads

i had lots of fun , but i got in lots of trouble too

dkn1997

RECHRGED

Tom_440

Stupid? Knowing I'd lose my license if I got one more ticket, and choosing to outrun the police in my 340 Challenger (at least 4 times) to keep it.

More Stupid? Hanging on to the roof of my plymouth Cricket while my friend sped down the freeway, or maybe not letting go when he started doing donuts on our High School football field.

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

golden73

Probably the stupidest thing I have done was street racing. I was goin up the hill in my charger with a 360 in it, a friend of mine was behind me. Then out of no where comes a mitsubishi eclipse gsx (awd, turbo.) He passes my friend and me while going up this hill. I was doin 50 in a 45 when he passed me. So of course me being young and dumb, I took that as an insult and wasn't going to let that gsx get away with passing me. So I took off after him. This was on a road that is usually pretty busy, at about 3 in the afternoon. So I start to gain on him and pull in the oncoming lane to pass him. While I am trying to pass him, there was some RR tracks coming up, with traffic coming right at me. So I had to hit the brakes and get behind him, otherwise I would have been toast. I hit the tracks at 110 mph and started to slow down some more. Just a little ways down the road was an off ramp for the expressway. The traffic light had changed and I had absolutely no way to stop. I have no idea how fast I was going but I blew thru the red light, almost T-boning a minivan.

That was a real close call....

Later on, I find out the car I was racing belonged to a guy that works at a local speed shop, and had over 10k in his motor. That made me happy knowing that my car was faster and I didn't have any money in my car at the time  ;D

Another time I hit a hill at 115... rear end almost came out from underneath me... my life flashed before my eyes  :rotz:

Oh... and I outran a cop with my little 4 banger camry  :nana:

TruckDriver

I out ran the cops twice in my Nova. Then I tried one to many times ::) :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Steelman

We had organized demolition derby every week in a corn field,we cut out a circle about 75 feet across and just slammed the hell out of each other,the real fun part was coming up with a car for next week!
AAAHHHH!!! to be young and invinceable,those were the days. :icon_smile_big:
"The only thing you leave, is your legacy"

JimsSE

16 Years old...

1969 Plymouth Sport Satellite, 2 door, 383 2V.

My best freind and I actually recreated a Duke's of Hazzard scene.  While driving at about 35 MPH, my buddy popped out of the trunk, crawled along the top of the car, and made his way up into the car through the window!

Jim

Unrestored '73 Charger SE   

'79 Magnum GT
http://www.geocities.com/jimsmopars2003/

bull

Quote from: Ranger Max on January 19, 2006, 07:06:48 PM
"Extreme hooky bobbin"
On winter days, you hold onto the bumper and slide behind. Let go when you are too scared to hold on.
Record = 103 mph
Slid for awhile till I stopped heheheheeee!!!!!

Ok, that is insane.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: bull on January 27, 2006, 08:04:04 AM
Quote from: Ranger Max on January 19, 2006, 07:06:48 PM
"Extreme hooky bobbin"
On winter days, you hold onto the bumper and slide behind. Let go when you are too scared to hold on.
Record = 103 mph
Slid for awhile till I stopped heheheheeee!!!!!

Ok, that is insane.

Which is insane?   The guy holding on the bumper or the guy driving 103 mph on the snow.   

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

CFMopar

Well I'm not as old as most of you so these stories arn't as old....

Was racing my buddy on my way to prom driving my 71. Doing about 100mph. Well a sharp turn came up that you take at 30 kmh(live in canada  so refereces to spedo will be mph referece to speedlimites kmh) so I ended up locking the brakes and luckly she didnt spin but it stoped probley 5-10 feet from a concret wall  with me and my friend and our prom dates in the car.

Drive by moonings at 120kmh on the highway... Pretty fun I must say....

Racing a civic and hit about 80-90mph before having to lock the wheels... Did a 360 luckly didn't hit anyone or anything. This one scared the shit out of me. I fired the car back up and took off so fast.

I don't do anything stupid no more....  :-\
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

440charger68

I was 16, and i had a 68 dodge charger lime green with a 318 4 barrel, and i out ran the cops in a neighborhood. It was a stupid move because they caught me on the way back from a party. They didnt give me a ticket because i fessed up to every thing. The cops loved my car and couldnt stop talking about it. That same night i was doing donuts in the safeway parkinglot where the cops were called on me again. Fun night, never got a ticket yet.
life's a garden, dig it.

69bronzeT5

My dad always told me stories from when he was younger.

For example, they did car tag in downtown Vancouver.

Or my dad was telling me about this one time. He had his 69 GTO Ram Air 3, 4 spd and this guy in a brand new 5.0 Mustang wanted to race him (it was in the 80s) and the guy beat my dad because my dad wasnt getting traction. So my dad went home, put a part of his toolbox in the trunk and got 2 of his friends to sit in the backseat. My dad went and found that Mustang and kicked it a$$ :yesnod:

Or another time. My dad had a 71-73 Mustang that was yellow (looked alot like Elenor). It had electrical problems and it kept dying. So he got pissed off and sold it to his friend. Well his friend starting get pissed off because the car was doing the same thing. So he decided to 'get rid of it'. Well anyways, he jumped in the car and went down to the river (Fraser River..its like miles wide) and anyways, he drove it off the pier into the river. But he didnt jump out in time. Long story short, he got wet. My dad found out what happened to it a few weeks later and couldnt help but laugh.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

terrible one

Taking an old Celica to our BMX dirt track and jumping it at 30 mph, only to come down on the passenger corner and roll the damn thing. My buddy was in the passenger seat and was actually ejected from the vehicle (yep, just like in the movies). The damn thing landed on the roof and all I could do was a whole lot of nothing as I sat there freaked the fuck out! My buddy finally came over and helped me get out, then we proceeded to flip the car over. After letting the fluids settle, we started it back up and drove it to the local scrap yard, got a couple hundred dollars for it.

I revved the LS to 6.5k then dumped the clutch at a stop sign. For some reason, it didn't catch traction and I ended up passing a cop still spinning tires with a huge smoke trail behind me. That was my first ticket.

There are some more that I don't wish to share.  ;)

. . . and I'm still a teen!

mally69

here's one ,,, i saran wraped my couzin truck in the middle of an emtpy parking lot, the started pulling out of the parking spot that i was in, just looking at my cousins wraped up truck luaghing when BAM the air bag blows me into the back seat  ha i hit a light pole that has a cement bottom totaled my truck only going 10 mph    when that bag punched me, i swear it felt like my ears were gushing out blood but they werent .... :icon_smile_blackeye:

Mefirst

Jeez :scratchchin:

Ive done so many stupid things during my younger years I don't know where to begin.. I also think some of the things I did are not yet forgotten or forgiven...

Here are a few...

At the age of 7. A buddy of mine stole cigarettes from his mum. Bright as we were we went into this old barn behind my buddy's house to smoke them. We lit up and puffed away and thought we were badass... After our smoke we just tossed the cigarettes onto the old barn floor, covered with old hay and crap.. Then left and about 5-10 minutes later, we heard the firetrucks blaring down the road.. The barn was on fire :slap: Well not the ones to confess, we thought it was so cool to see the firefighters and firetrucks.. By the way, we even got a ride in the firetruck :smilielol:

Riding my motorbike down main street during cruise night sitting on it backwards.. Next stunt.. Doing such a high wheelie I bent the licenceplate on my bike.. This time though the cops caught me. The cop told me that if he sees me doing stunts like that again, he would unbolt the front tire cause it seems its up more in the air than on the ground, so he figured I don't need a front tire on my bike...

My buddy is riding his bike, I'm standing on a skateboard holding on to the motorbike and we go down the highway passing cars.. It was fun until we passed an unmarked Police car.. The cops didint think the stunt was that great...

These are just a couple of many dumb things Ive done... Then again with age one seems to mellow down, haven't done anything really stupid in years....

/Tom

ChargerRT440

hehe let me take my turn lol. Keep in mind I'm only 18(turning 19 next month on the 14th)

First year or two that I had my 98 I drove the piss out of her daily. I'd spin the tires from every light and around every corner I'd squak the limited slip pissing everyone off around me. just acting like an idiot. So the one day during a school fundraiser(tons of people out front and by the side of the school) some guys from school were egging me on to go do burnouts. So I stepped on the brake and gunned the engine. I had smoke coming out of the bed and the wheel wells. finally let off the brake and pulled away from the spot with the rear end sliding all around. made a nice smokey u turn at a 3 way intersection and came back for a second go, I left another good patch of rubber and smoke. with that I sped off the to corner and went around to the side of the school. At the time I figured I should be fair and smoke the tires again for these guys. So once again I stepped on the brakes and gunned the motor hitting the rev limiter and ended up leaving 30-40+ feet of rubber. After that I drove the truck to my gf's house and dropped it off and walked the 2 blocks back to school. by this time the police who had been sitting perpendicular to where I had done the first 2 burnouts were pulling up to the intersection by my gf's house. luckily they had been inside the school and had no opportunity to see what I had done, were making a u-turn to drive by me as I walked back to school. I was the coolest kid at school in grade 12 lol I had caused a makeshift burnout contest at school because everyone wanted to show me up.

Then there was how I raced(and won) against a 2001 Mustang V6 5 speed who was talking s*** about my truck for a week. thats how I found out the truck has a limiter that stops me at 170.

lets see. I've taken the 84 ramcharger offroading in a new development to impress girls. lol thinking about it later I could have ended up in a basement lol opps.

Then theres now that it's the winter I put my 84 sideways at every opportunity.

darkfiire5000

Mine is way funny  I was driving a 91 subaru legacy I was going like 5 mph over the posted speed limit and a cop was around the corner. He turned his lights and pulled me over, and got out of his car walked over to mine and said do you know how fast you were going. I said maybe 25 at the most, and he was like no 30 you could have hit a kid, have you ever hit a kid. This is the funny part I was like no why did I hit one and looked behind my car. I have never seen a cop so pissed off I thought it was funny as hell but he didn't

Mo Power

Well I'm 18 and well I've lost my license once because of two tickets so didn't get my full license till I was 18 lol. And what surprises me I haven't been pulled over in my charger  ;). But hey I'm sure I'll have more crazy scenes.
1973 Charger SE
1972 Roadrunner-1 of 34 power sunroofs                                
          Crazy colors, Wacky decals, and Massive engines
                      That's what Mopars alll about

69bronzeT5

Heres another story.

This story is about my friend Travis. His mom went out and his dad was sleeping in the house. Me, Cam and Dane were at his house when this all happened. He decided for fun that he would sneak the keys for his dad's Isuzu pickup out of the house and drive the truck around the yard and up and down the driveway. We thought it was fine because from the way he put it, it would be nice and slow and safe. We were wrong :smilielol:.

Me, Cam and Dane were on the deck (it over looks the driveway and the yard) and anyways, Travis jumps in the truck and starts it up. He backs up slowly and then literally floored it. He did a big burnout and spat gravel and dirt everywhere! He started doing fishtales and burnouts in the gravel yard. Then he found this dirtpile and backed up so that the back wheels were on the pile. He floored it and literally sprayed the whole pile all over the yard. Then he went flying down his hilly driveway, nailed the brakes, threw it in reverse and went flying back up it in reverse going about 40kph. Then he tried doing donuts but he didn't do so good. Well all the commotion woke up his dad. His dad came out and found Travis speeding around in the truck. He jumped in front of the truck and Travis stopped the truck. He threw open the door and grabbed Travis. And then he spanked Travis!!!! Me, Cam and Dane started laughing our asses off at Travis getting spanked!!! :lol:. We ended up having to go home because Travis ended up getting grounded.

It was 2 summers ago..he was 14. Hes turning 16 in April and his parents will not let him drive a car until he's 18. :smilielol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic