News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steering column choler screws color???

Started by dodgedarren, September 20, 2011, 06:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgedarren

Are the 4 screws the mount the steering column chouler stainless or black?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: dodgedarren on September 20, 2011, 06:24:34 PM

Are the 4 screws the mount the steering column chouler stainless or black?

The what on the steering column?  If you mean the lower support bracket, mine were black phosphate costed...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bill440rt

It doesn't mount with screws. It mounts with 2 studs & nuts, and one bolt at the rear of the bracket that attaches at the bottom of the dash frame.
There are 4 bolts that hold a cover on in the center of the column.
And, there are about 4 bolts that hold it at the bottom to the floor, and 2 more for a retaining collar down there.

ALL hardware is black (phosphate) plated.
The screws that hold the lower trim cover on the dash are chrome plated pan head sheetmetal screws. You could substitute stainless screws here, but they would technically be incorrect.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

gtx6970

4 bolts mounts the steering column to the lower brkacet are black phosphate

2 studs and all the hardware to mount said lower bracket to the bottom of the dash frame is also black phosphate

4 screws to attach the dash frame colored plastic lower trim is held with are chrome  3/4" #8 countersunk oval head screws

dodgedarren

Hello, I am referring to the plastic piece that goes under the steering colum that attaches to the dash.
Id attach a picture but site wont allow me. Are the screws stainless or black???

bill440rt

Quote from: gtx6970 on September 21, 2011, 08:50:18 AM

4 screws to attach the dash frame colored plastic lower trim is held with chrome  3/4" #8 countersunk pan head screws

Quote from: bill440rt on September 21, 2011, 06:37:17 AM

The screws that hold the lower trim cover on the dash are chrome plated pan head sheetmetal screws. You could substitute stainless screws here, but they would technically be incorrect.

They are CHROME plated. You could substitute stainless screws but it technically would not be 100% correct.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

dodgedarren

Quote from: bill440rt on September 21, 2011, 09:35:50 AM
Quote from: gtx6970 on September 21, 2011, 08:50:18 AM

4 screws to attach the dash frame colored plastic lower trim is held with chrome  3/4" #8 countersunk pan head screws

Quote from: bill440rt on September 21, 2011, 06:37:17 AM

They are CHROME plated. You could substitute stainless screws but it technically would not be 100% correct.
:Twocents:

Thank you Bill.