News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question

Started by General 713, January 16, 2006, 01:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General 713

i did not plan on driving the charger in the winter unless the roads are super clean.  I have a truck to drive right now

General 713

i think i may get a different year charger restore it and then sell it to get some money

General 713

i am going to consider the '69 again

PocketThunder

Quote from: General 713 on January 22, 2006, 11:16:47 PM
i think i may get a different year charger restore it and then sell it to get some money

You'll have more money into it than you will get out of it...  You are better off saving the money you would invest in it over the time frame that it will take to restore it.  Then use that money to buy the car you want.

Quote from: General 713 on January 24, 2006, 12:05:19 PM
i am going to consider the '69 again

Thats great and everything but we're still at the roadblock of how are you gonna pay for it?  Any luck with the old man?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

HAZZARDJOHN

You have drive! I admire that. But remember Luke 21:19 "In your patience possess ye your souls." Your young and you have motivation. What you need is focus, JimShine is right. If your parents say they don't hink you can afford it, Work and prove them wrong. There will be other cars and it will be ther when you are ready to buy, but it will be a lot sweeter if you did it on your own trust me. I am 24 years old, I have a Charger a Classic Cadillac, and a Classic Impala Convertible with 60,xxx Mile and a big block (recently sold it for a huge profit!) I did it all by working and scratching and saving. and it feels great. I am a home owner and I am looking to build a new house, and I have friends my age who are struggling to keep their crappy 1985 S-10's Running. They lack focus, They all have the same motivation I do, but they can't seem to get focused. It is a common problem with youth, but I believe if you want it bad enough you'll find a way to make it happen.

Good Luck

~HJ
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

General 713

The old man  :icon_smile_angry: :flame: :icon_smile_angry: :flame:
i can't get anywhere with him.   I may have found a job

terrible one

General 713,

I understand what you are going through man. Wasn't getting too much help from my parents, even though dad understands the soaring values. I've been trying to get my hands on a second gen since I was about 13 (I'm 16 now) and I finally got one. So recently that I havn't even gone to pick it up yet. My advice is to save your money, always remind your parents of the soaring prices, etc at the hope that they might help you out with finances. Also, keep looking for that good deal. They pop up every now and then. Even though I got my car off of Ebay, most of your good deals will be found in barns and yards of those who don't have computers, etc. I probably found about 5 of them close to me. All basket cases, but they were there, and at a much better price than on the net.

HDCharger

Dude i know you want a Charger real bad, just be patient, work and save your money.  There will still be Chargers available down the road.  Hang in there.
MSG, US Army, Retired
1973 Charger SE
1976 Stepside Powerwagon
2007 Ram 1500 Laramie
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1967 Dodge Truck