News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question

Started by General 713, January 16, 2006, 01:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General 713

I have seen many cars that have matching number's, does that make it worth more or not?

Doc74

Yes it does but not always.
Any matching numbers car with the same engine as non matching will be more valuable but a non matching hemi will beat any matching whatever except the hemi itself  :icon_smile_big:

I don't know exactly how much more the value would be but I'm sure others will.

General 713

I am looking at a '69 charger with matching numbers and all of the interior is included plus 2 440's and and extra tranny for 7,500.  It is a nice car. 

General 713

I would if i could but the way it is going i can't.  Unless someone can convince my parents that it is worth the money.

Rolling_Thunder

screw parents...    they always ruin things...     i wanted to get a # matching 440/4-speed RT/SE 1970 Charger and they said no...   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

General 713

Can anyone convince them :-\ :-\ ??? ???

triple_green

I have been tracking the prices of Charger for the last 8 years. They have gone up an average of 8% per year over that time period.
Matching numbers is more important on a big block car. Unless the car is a total rust bucket, you almost can't go wrong for $7500. It will be expensive to fix up though unless you can do most of the  work yourself.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Convince your parents to buy you a gas guzzling, poor handling, brakes like chewing gum, rusted out, 37 year old piece of antiquated iron?   

I think not. ::)
:rotz:

If its a "second car" for you then maybe you can tell them the investment possibliities to pay for your college education! :)

PS--if you get/dont get the car....please register it!! ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

joedotts

hey, if your unable to buy the charger, do you think you would be able to tell me the info on the car? im currently looking for a charger for around $8000 to buy around may... that is if my parents let me too. PM me the info if youd like... but if your going to buy it dont bother.

General 713

It is not rusted out, the only rust on it is center trunk pan and drivers floor needs replacing and a small spot of frame rail is soft 4-5 inches from rear bumper

andy74

where are you located?if nothing else,i bet you can get a finders fee,to sell it to some one on here,and that will start you saving towards one of your own!everbody wins

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

General 713

no it is not the same car

Please help

PocketThunder

Do you have a picture of this car?

How old are you?

How much money to you have on your own?

Do you have a job?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

Pictures will help convince them...and us too. ;D

PICS,PICS,PICS!!! :boogie:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

General 713

i will get pics as soon as tommorow if not today yet

MOPARHOUND!

Quote from: General 713 on January 16, 2006, 05:41:24 PM
I am looking at a '69 charger with matching numbers and all of the interior is included plus 2 440's and and extra tranny for 7,500.  It is a nice car. 

If it is a 318 car the #'s aren't near as significant as a big block car.

2 440's??  Is this an R/T you are looking at?  If yes, matching #'s would add typically add 25%-35% or more to it's value in my opinion.
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

69pistolgripRT

I know I am in the minority here. But, I would rather have a '69 matching numbers R/T 4 speed (big surprise, huh!) than a non-numbers '69 Hemi. I could always put a hemi in the Charger, but I can't go the other way without the correct engine.

That said, every time I stare at the quarters on the ragtop I think, "you know- I could sell this and put a hemi in the Charger."
1969 RT 440 Pistol Grip 4-speed

Savannah, Ga

General 713

PocketThunder

If its not rusted out in the trunk and lower quarters, and all the parts are there that you can reassemble the car with, and get it roadworthy, then its probably worth $7,000.  Take a loan out from your pops, and go to this guy with good ol green backs and let the money do the talking..

Wasn't this car on ebay a couple months back?

73dodge

where is it located, I'll buy it and hold it for a few years until you are ready to buy it for yourself. Of course it will be marked up on price a bit
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

General 713

he said it was 5-6 months ago

the center trunk pan needs replacing but the quarters are good

BigBlockSam

if i'm restoring to stock, matching #s is important to me. if i'm building a hotrod charger, muscle is all that matters. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img