News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Your job

Started by Stretch, September 08, 2011, 03:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

Damn! Not only are we a good looking bunch but we're talented too.

On a side note, I think Mrs.Skip68 and Mrs.Fred could very well be kindred spirits. :yesnod:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

redmist

Testing automatic weapons to destruction...
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

Fred

Quote from: twodko on September 26, 2011, 06:11:30 PM
Damn! Not only are we a good looking bunch but we're talented too.

On a side note, I think Mrs.Skip68 and Mrs.Fred could very well be kindred spirits. :yesnod:

Oh Thankyou, Mrs. Fred.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: redmist on September 26, 2011, 09:42:00 PM
Testing automatic weapons to destruction...

need a helper?    I have yet to destroy my AR-15
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Rolling_Thunder

Well -  I actually just got the call today - I'll now be working at the Los Angeles MEPS station for the US Army.          Guess those months of unemployment and full time student just came to an end.   :yesnod:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

AKcharger

I just started at my new job this month...my favorite part is I get free soda and snacks, as long as I'm nice to the Stewardess  :icon_smile_big:

Fred

Quote from: AKcharger on December 23, 2011, 01:52:40 AM
I just started at my new job this month...my favorite part is I get free soda and snacks, as long as I'm nice to the Stewardess  :icon_smile_big:

Flying High!!   :2thumbs:

elacruze

Retired now, but the only job I really loved was the last one; training Marines and Soldiers on MRAP operation, repair and maintenance. I got to teach them how to stay alive, and give them skills they could take back to the civilian world and make a decent living. I fully appreciate how lucky I was to close a career on that note.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

mopar0166

absolutely NOTHING!    :brickwall:

Fred

64dartgt

I love my new job.  Went from working for a company of two thousand people bought out by the Japanese with no apparent vision or future to a company of six people out to kick the worlds ass.  Love it.  Plus I got a raise and own a small percentage of the company.  Nothing like feeling like you are doing something for a living instead of just punching a time clock and shoveling shit.   :2thumbs:

CaptMarvel

Quote from: Aussiemadonmopars on September 26, 2011, 08:16:59 AM
I work for the electrical utility that looks after the south west corner of Australia. Lots of territory to cover. Wouldn't mind hearing from other guys in the industry as well. Lucky I love driving and the scenery.

I work for a large elect. utility in the San Joaquin Valley, central California (the real Ca.!) Love abt 85% of it...I do elect. distribution designs and planning. I get alot of windshield time and meet alot of customers, many of them good, down to Earth farmers (I genuinely do love this part- have always been fond of cust sat work since I ran my own tile/marble company many years ago) The part I could do without is the increasing regulations, I guess I'm a dinosaur cause I was alot happier when govt. and regulatory committees weren't so powerful...kept everything simpler and allowed us to give better customer service and provide a better product IMO..But, really great folks to work with and the other benes nice..field and office time split abt 50/50..I also like the driving but am guessing that my service territory (from Visalia to north of Bakersfield) is probably much smaller than SW Australia.. :icon_smile_wink:

chargermike

i love my job. self employed. i own a very small hardwood flooring company. i only work for homeowners no contractors or carpet stores. i am my own boss and love doing what i do. take very much pride in being one of the best around here. me and my guys only turn out beautiful looking floors and feel good about it at the end of the day. were never about speed only doing it right the first time. 16 years and still going strong. i pay my guys good money and we have a good time working. it never feels like a job. i also am the lead singer in a band. this is my true love of work.  i have the best two jobs in the world. :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:

HeavyFuel

Quote from: chargermike on December 25, 2011, 09:01:49 AM
i love my job. self employed. i own a very small hardwood flooring company. i only work for homeowners no contractors or carpet stores. i am my own boss and love doing what i do. take very much pride in being one of the best around here. me and my guys only turn out beautiful looking floors and feel good about it at the end of the day. were never about speed only doing it right the first time. 16 years and still going strong. i pay my guys good money and we have a good time working. it never feels like a job. i also am the lead singer in a band. this is my true love of work.  i have the best two jobs in the world. :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:

Did you spank yourself in the head with a board?  :scratchchin:  

You posted close to the same thing a few months ago..... :nana:

greenpigs

Work in a machine shop that makes human implants & medical devices. It was 55 Hrs a week or more for the first 6 years but now things are slowing up.
    I like the fact what we make helps people live a little better, but being a number blows & working night shift your dead to the world.

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Hud

Hmm I used to like the travel.

Then I liked the fight..

I always liked the random challenges...

Now I am patiently awaiting coming home to the US yet again. Only to leave again..

The Marine Corps is a love hate relationship..  Many things I like, and many I dislike.

I think the biggest thing I like about my job is the sense of accomplishment.  Maybe someday when I am too old to enjoy it I will have that same sense of accomplishment from completing a Mopar project. I will definitely be old as dirt to afford any 1 of my dream cars, (68, Charger, 70 Roadrunner, 71 Cuda), but at least I have a pretty sweet 73' Charger with a 440 to play with until I have the time and money to pursue any 1 of these dreams. I am curious (10 years to go until retirement) if I will have time to play then or if the wife will take all my time... and if I ever have a kid, will they share in my passion for Mopar.... whether a dream car is in my future or not at least I will have a 73 to spark an interest.
1971 Plymouth Barracuda, 1973 Jeep CJ6, 2011 Chevy Silverado LTZ, 2012, 2012 Harley Davidson Street-Bob, Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

TheGhost

What I love most about my job is that I'm not asking "do you want fries with that", sitting behind a desk in a cubicle, or stocking shelves in a Walmart.  What I hate the most is crappy weather.  I work concrete.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

mauve66

so your the guy who needs a 1/4 yd on a 3 yd order and wants it for free "if ya happen to have a trk in the area...."  dispatcher for concrete  :nana: :nana:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

chargerboy69

I own my own RV dealership.  We do not sell new units at this time, just pre-owned units.  I sell everything from diesel pusher motorhomes, fifth wheels, travel trailers, toy haulers and pop up campers. I sell nearly everything through E-Bay and work by appointment only as all our units are kept indoors.  I love what I do and would not trade it for anything.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

SG1022

I'm a lube tech at a quick lube shop(Oil Can Henry's).  :smilielol:

Ponch ®

Quote from: SG1022 on December 29, 2011, 11:36:53 AM

Im a lube tech at film studio in the San Fernando Valley.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

mauve66

Quote from: Ponch ® on December 29, 2011, 12:39:41 PM
Quote from: SG1022 on December 29, 2011, 11:36:53 AM

Im a lube tech at film studio in the San Fernando Valley.

TMI!! TMI!!
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

suburbanfireman

Not to sound like a dope - I enjoy helping people.  I am a paramedic & firefighter for a small department, so I roll on every call both EMS & Fire.  I also teach EMT / Paramedic / CPR classes part-time on my days off.  The only down side to my career - I usually work a minimum of 58 hours a week.  I didn't mind it in the old days (when it was only me, myself, & I), but now I miss my wife/kids when I am away from them for more than 24 hours at a time.  What is the old saying - all it takes is time and money?  I never have both at once!!  If I work the extra hours - I don't have time to do anything.  If I don't work extra hours - I have extra time, but cannot afford to do anything!  (Also the reason my Charger is not finished yet!!)  After reading some of the posts....I'm just grateful to have a steady job. ;)
Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I think I might be addicted to cars."

Jill Taylor: "Well, DUH!"

Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I'm thinking about checking myself into the Henry Ford Clinic!"

nvrbdn

i work for u.s.steel. been there 33 years. worked my way up to the job i wanted. i ship and track all parts going out for repair, arange shipping,follow the rebuilds,do p.o.revisions.aprove amounts,and get the parts back to the right hands. i like heat in the winter, ac in the summer. all the comforts of home while not at home. and the best part is there are only 2 guys in the plant that can do this job and i have the most senority. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Hessian

Just retired three months ago after more than 20 years in the Marine Corps.... Now trying to adjust to the civilian world as a consultant.   Culture shock to say the least.   :brickwall:

Currently own:
1969 Charger "General Lee" 440
2014 Challenger R/T Blacktop edition

Previously owned:
1969 Charger R/T "Death Proof"
2008 SRT8 Challenger Hemi Orange- First edition #1915 of 6400
1968 Charger 440

Semper Fidelis  USMC Retired 1991-2011