News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have an air conditioning system for sale for 68 Charger 440

Started by Chargermoneypit, September 03, 2011, 10:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargermoneypit

I am in the final stages of getting the engine married to the K frame and into the car on my 68 Charger RT. The car originally had air conditioning, but needless to say was missing when I bought it. I was able to find a complete system but found out it is not correct for a 68 like the guy said. Good I have a complete system for a 69 or 70 but not a 68 and understand they are only correct from 67 to 68. Anyone have any A/C parts for sale for one of these. Anyhelp is appreciated.

no318

The lines are what is different.  I think the compressor and brackets are the same.  I have a 68 engine out of a car with A/C.  PM me if interested.

gtx6970

just about everything underhood is different between 1968 versus 1969

gtx6970

BTW.
I'm looking for the larger suction line from the firewall to the backside of the comprosser for a 1969 is that is what you have

DC_1

Hey bill,

Why are there no vacuum lines for the headlights on either of the 68 or 69 engine compartment pics you posted?

69charger440

1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

Troy

Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on September 06, 2011, 10:52:32 PM
Hey bill,

Why are there no vacuum lines for the headlights on either of the 68 or 69 engine compartment pics you posted?
Because neither pic has a Charger in it? :D The A/C systems would have been the same for all B-body cars though.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

DC_1

Quote from: Troy on September 07, 2011, 11:58:36 AM
Hey bill,

Because neither pic has a Charger in it? :D The A/C systems would have been the same for all B-body cars though.

Troy

Missing the obvious front end was bad but the Road Runner pie tin should have given me the clue  :brickwall:....See what happens when you stay awake 22 hours then go on the putter... mind plays tricks on ya I tell ya!

Chargermoneypit

Well here is the good news. I located a complete system from a 68 from a fellow 68 enthusiast with compressor, lines, clips and all for $300.00. Done deal there. However, I am in the process of purchasing a completely restored A/C box to replace my current one. It is from a 69. Does nayone know if 68 and 69 boxes are the same. They look identical in the picture but just want to make certain before I buy it. 

472 R/T SE

Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on September 07, 2011, 01:42:10 PM
Quote from: Troy on September 07, 2011, 11:58:36 AM
Hey bill,

Troy

Missing the obvious front end was bad but the Road Runner pie tin should have given me the clue  :brickwall:....See what happens when you stay awake 22 hours then go on the putter... mind plays tricks on ya I tell ya!

And I think the 2nd pic is of Hoffman's '69 Coronet R/T vert.