News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

!971 dodge charger Rt on ebay

Started by snagm z, September 03, 2011, 09:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snagm z

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-R-T-1971-DODGE-CHARGER-R-T-/280734267773?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item415d10f97d#v4-40

to all,
Does anybody know this guy. I need someone to see if there is an error in my logic.In 1971 you could not get AC in a 4 speed unless dealer installed " but why would the try". 052 on the fender tag is 4.10 Dana super trac pack car also could not be a factory AC install. the car would have have to be a Y14 car, meaning someone ordered it. Take a look at the vent drivers side dash. This is where I'm confused could that have been a
stato vent system. the passenger side has the correct woodgrain insert. I only know of (5) 440 4 speed super track pack cars that i have seen in the last 10 years. I'm sure there is more I'm just not aware of them. Most of the 4 speeds were 3.54 dana's or other rears at the pic of his rear is not no Dana it could have 3.54 gears. this obviously is a fraud or re body
1 white in Florida n96
1 B-7sold to japan recently
1 b-5 floating around the mid west
2 in my garage red and green
So since this guys a Pontiac guy do u think i should give him the info. Before he gets burned by a mad buyer

I should have picked bowling as a hobby.
Darn mopar B bodies it's an illness.
Theres always room for one more Charger

FlatbackFanatic

It wouldn't hurt, to let him know...
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

General_01

I am wondering why the door has a sticker that says "6 71" when the fender tag says A28 (October 28, 1970). As for the vent, wonder if the dash is from a different '71 Charger that had air and they replaced the passenger side insert. :shruggy:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

MoparDavid

What's with the grill?  Looks like a 72 grill with 71 doors.

The whole car feels wrong.

snagm z

looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, its a duck.

Not to mention he wants 45 grand for a 318 car with a $2500 hood and a 1200 pair of doors its nice that the skid plate is still on the k frame. 

red71

I read the ebay post and I get a bad vibe from this car. It looks like a real nice car but I would be willing to bet it is a re-body. The k-member has no skid plate, there is no Dana under the car when it should have, especially after a recent restoration, the font on the door tag looks weird, the build dat on the fender tag doesn't jive with the door tag or the sequnce# and the 1/2 vinyl top is more of a SE option than a R/T option.

NHCharger

He certainly throws out a lot of disclaimers
"I think"
"From what I can tell"
"I'm a Pontiac guy" :slap:
"I don't know if it's original"

Obviously he didn't read the fender tag because half of all the stuff he listed on the car it not on the tag.

That is a 72 grill. Looks like someone cobbled this one together. I wouldn't mind owned this car but I wouldn't be paying R/T pricing for this re-body.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

41husk

The sad thing is, it's shiny and nice, so some one is liable to pay a good deal of money for it.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

tatrick2me

Quote from: snagm z on September 03, 2011, 09:12:29 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-R-T-1971-DODGE-CHARGER-R-T-/280734267773?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item415d10f97d#v4-40

to all,
Does anybody know this guy. I need someone to see if there is an error in my logic.In 1971 you could not get AC in a 4 speed unless dealer installed " but why would the try". 052 on the fender tag is 4.10 Dana super trac pack car also could not be a factory AC install. the car would have have to be a Y14 car, meaning someone ordered it. Take a look at the vent drivers side dash. This is where I'm confused could that have been a
stato vent system. the passenger side has the correct woodgrain insert. I only know of (5) 440 4 speed super track pack cars that i have seen in the last 10 years. I'm sure there is more I'm just not aware of them. Most of the 4 speeds were 3.54 dana's or other rears at the pic of his rear is not no Dana it could have 3.54 gears. this obviously is a fraud or re body
1 white in Florida n96
1 B-7sold to japan recently
1 b-5 floating around the mid west
2 in my garage red and green
So since this guys a Pontiac guy do u think i should give him the info. Before he gets burned by a mad buyer

Not being able to get a/c with a 4sp is a croak of bs. I traded my 71 340/4sp R/T for my 73 SE because combat injuries left me needing an automatic trans.
Bone 7

snagm z

you could not get air conditioning in a 440 4 speed with the A34 package thus. The 052 on the top right of the fender tag. As far as your 340. your right you could have AC.  Doubt it was a Charger RT maybe a Super Bee. Lets not try to reinvent the wheel here!   ::)