News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trunk Extension to Rear Cross Member Attachment

Started by AdamMopar, September 01, 2011, 09:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamMopar

Does anyone by chance have a close up picture of how the trunk extensions attach to the rear cross member?  I am trying to figure out how it is supposed to connect on my 69 Charger.   I've looked around on the site awhile, but haven't found anything very close up of the area.

Thank you.
Adam

Domino

Hope this helps...
The back of the trunk extension just wraps around and is plug welded to the outside of the rear Xmember.  
I suggest a sheet metal screw first and test fit the QTRs, valance and valance extensions.  I had fitment issues and had to trim and rework the fold on the trunk extension to get the QTR to mate nicely.  You may need to disassemble and reassemble MANY times to get it right.

AdamMopar

Excellent!  Thanks!  That is what I wasn't sure about if it was to be towards the outside or inside of the car.  Looks like the outside.

Thanks again.

Adam

FrnkNsteen

I just cut out my trunk extensions, and was wondering the same thing. Already have the new extensions and new rear crossmember so I should be all set. This info will help alot when it comes time to go back together. That area back there is confusing because my original one had weird angles that left a large triangle hole in the back, where the trunk pan and trunk extension meet. Seemed like they just gooped it full of sealant to block most of it off!!  :icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question:
1969 Charger SE (Just starting the restoration)
1967 Barracuda Notchback