News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrome paint ?

Started by randy73, August 27, 2011, 07:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy73

I have fixed all the nicks on my taillights, was wondering if it would be better to paint with chrome paint or find a place to rechrome?

Chargermoneypit

Try a chrome paint pen by Krylon and see if it works otherwise rechrome. They are hard to find but are available on ebay.

Ideally having it rechromed would give you best results, but to save some cash you can also try Alclad II chrome or Spaz Stix Mirrachrome paint which can be found in many hobby shops.

Another option for plastic pieces is chrome foil for plastic models which also works quite well.

FrnkNsteen

The chrome foil that 440 mentioned works great, but is hard to get smooth enough to look good on large areas. It works great for touching up emblems or the chrome trim around our dash panels.

The stuff I use, both on models, and for touch-ups, is called Bare Metal Foil and can be found online by searching for it, or just go to bare-metal.com. I don't know how well it would hold up on the exterior though..... never tried it. It does work nice for little jobs on the interior.
1969 Charger SE (Just starting the restoration)
1967 Barracuda Notchback