News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Country Music Will Not Be Down for Breakfast

Started by Orange_Crush, August 12, 2011, 05:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charge69

Still trippin' to those old Hee Haw TV shows huh, twodko ?   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Brock Lee

Quote from: NHCharger on August 14, 2011, 07:41:40 AM
I saw the progression to the pop country start when Shaina Twain's hubby turned her in to a female version of Def Leppard (he was their producer for their biggest albums).

Mutt was way more than just a producer for Def Leppard, they considered him to be a member of the band. His vocals are all over Hysteria. The song "Love Bites"? It was a country song he wrote and gave to the band. They reworked it to be pop-rock. The chorus of that song is his voice layered a gazillion times.

elacruze

Red 70 R/T 493's sense of humor won't be down for breakfast.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Chryco Psycho

I would never miss country or notice the change in country at all . I absolutly cannot listen to it
Give me some Iron Maiden, Queensryche, Godsmack & Tool

nh_mopar_fan

Shaina Twain: America's highest paid table dancer.

Wait, so she sings too?

Kern Dog

Lennard

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on August 15, 2011, 12:13:45 PM

Wait, so she sings too?

She's Canadian  ;)

redmist

For the folks who want some good music from a somewhat young group, Check out "Reckless Kelly." Some folks may remember the main member from back in the day when he sang with dad and his brothers in the Muzzy Braun Band. I kicked around with these guys when I was real young. My dad is good friends with Muzzy so we run into him often.

Anyhow, here are a few samples of my favs from them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c036YdXn5-0

They wrote this one with Muzzy. about a trip to Ireland with Pinto Bennett, and Muzzy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQsf0ND4CNw

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

Budnicks

Wait, so she sings too?
You talk like that's a bad thing, I would really still like to be the MEAT in a Shina & Faith Sandwich, regardless of their type of music, financial worth or talents... 
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

NHCharger

Quote from: Lennard on August 15, 2011, 04:16:24 PM

Wait, so she sings too?

She's Canadian  ;)

I'd let her do a lap dance too ;)
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel