News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

whats gunna happen?

Started by jar1292, August 08, 2011, 08:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jar1292

I dont know if this is and i have no intention on making it political but what is gunna happen next? I feel like S&P just dug my financial grave... I need to be cheered up
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

resq302

Whenever I need to be cheered up, I take the charger out for a spin!  Always brings a smile to my face. :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

jar1292

sometimes i throw a five gallon bucket in it an pretend im gripping the steering wheel as it is stripped to the shell right now... and i dont see it getting seats any time soon. im having a hard rime right now :brickwall: the present hard time is forseen as coming to an end in the next few years but as i see the future it looking bleek to pick up as the days carry on
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

RallyeMike

What's gunna happen is thread is going to go political and get locked. Then civilization will crumble, and then the leaders of the opposing parties will rise from the rubble, dust them selves off, and check the value of their shares in gold.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

stripedelete

"Potter isn't selling, Potter's buying! Why, because we're panicking, and he's not!" ...
:Twocents:

jar1292

well lets steer away from political right now. how about just cheering each other up! tonight i sat out in my garden drank some beers and watered my pumpkins not thinking about it! what did you do tonight to relax? :scratchchin:

resq302

Im stuck at work, working 6 hrs of overtime for an 18 hr shift to go home, get about 3 hrs sleep and then come back in by 630 am for another 12 hr shift.    WTF was I thinking taking this overtime!?!?!?!?!  Oh yeh, that my job is potentially going to be done away with on thurs. courtesy of the township trying to save money and go to a county dispatch center.  Crap, this is turning into a negative post...... back on track... Im working OT so I can feed my charger high test and smoke the tires!   :cheers:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

BananaDan

S&P are fools.  They aren't going to deter people from investing the US.  People panic, stocks are going to be down for a while, so it's time to buy.  It's a sale on Wall St., buy low sell high.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Cooter

I know how you feel about having to sit on buckets and "pretend" to Drive my Challenger. Sometimes, that's all that keeps my "Eyes on the prize" when everything in the world is negative.

It took 5 long years to build/restore/fabricate Christine and when I felt down or disheartened, I would rewatch the movie and dream again of the day I could drive it....

I have watched Vanishing Point so many times that I almost have it memorized. It takes alot to keep your head up these days, and if that means sitting out in a hulk of a car, then by all means, you sit with pride.. Make engine noises till you feel content my friend...That is what it takes to make it with a restoration project otherwise, your car will become just another tragedy posted on Evil-Bay for sale.....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Paul G

Same thing that has happened before. Stocks go down, then they go up. Dont be alarmed too much. The older you get, you start to see patterns. We have been in this situation before. The world didn't end then, and wont now. If you have any money left, wait a little bit for the smoke to clear, then buy some stock in a good mutual fund, or a good solid company. 
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

RallyeMike

Quotewhat did you do tonight to relax?

For starters, I have no TV. So I play with cars. That helps a lot.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

ChgrSteve67

I'm just glad I have 20+ years before I retire or I would be completely screwed.

I actually submitted paperwork 2 weeks ago to transfer a IRA I had laying around into my 401 k.
It probably got process right after the market crashed. Oh well, there went 12k down the toilet.

I will be dead before i retire anyways. I figure what I got will be for my wife to live on after I'm gone anyways.

Richard Cranium

Quote from: BananaDan on August 08, 2011, 10:24:22 PM
S&P are fools. 

Are they really fools?

Here is a breakdown of federal spending in simple terms. Let's put the 2011 federal budget into perspective:

• U.S. income: $2,170,000,000,000
• Federal budget: $3,820,000,000,000
• New debt: $1,650,000,000,000
• National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
• Recent budget cut: $ 38,500,000,000 (about 1 percent of the budget)

It helps to think about these numbers in terms that we can relate to. Let's remove eight zeros from these numbers and pretend this is the household budget for the fictitious Jones family.

• Total annual income for the Jones family: $21,700
• Amount of money the Jones family spent: $38,200
• Amount of new debt added to the credit card: $16,500
• Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
• Amount cut from the budget: $385

Watch this..........

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2011/07/doorbell.php
I am Dr. Remulac

my73charger

Quote from: jar1292 on August 08, 2011, 09:47:42 PM
well lets steer away from political right now. how about just cheering each other up! tonight i sat out in my garden drank some beers and watered my pumpkins not thinking about it! what did you do tonight to relax? :scratchchin:

I went home and decided to play my sons playstation game, called Viking Quest (or something like that).  Anyway I thought I would relax, but it totally stressed me out.   :cussing:  My nerves were shot by the time I peeled myself away to head to bed at 10:00.  I won't do that again... :RantExplode:

Troy

Quote from: jar1292 on August 08, 2011, 08:49:15 PM
I dont know if this is and i have no intention on making it political but what is gunna happen next? I feel like S&P just dug my financial grave... I need to be cheered up
Just wondering why the S&P is at fault? All they did is exactly what they said they'd do for the last few months - downgrade the credit rating if something serious wasn't done to reduce the debt.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Paul G

Arguing with S&P is kind of like arguing with your professor over the grade you got on your paper. You might convince the prof to change the grade, but probably not.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

b5blue

Hey let's just print what we need to pay this off!   ::) 

ACUDANUT

Yea, My 401 savings/Money in the Stock Market just dropped by 50 percent...I am mad as hell. :brickwall:

my73charger

Quote from: Troy on August 09, 2011, 08:52:59 AM
Quote from: jar1292 on August 08, 2011, 08:49:15 PM
Just wondering why the S&P is at fault? All they did is exactly what they said they'd do for the last few months - downgrade the credit rating if something serious wasn't done to reduce the debt.

Troy

Very true.  If I dig myself into a ton of credit debt and don't pay my bills, my credit score drops.  Our government thinks they can just keep on spending and printing more money, which in the end further devalues our money.  I wish they would get a clue and live within means like we have to.  It is time to quit spending excessive amounts and start paying the dang bills...

derailed

I agree, down and back up. This is how they make there millions on Wall street and the more volatility the better. Do a little research on how to read candlestick charts and technical indicators to help give a little better forecast on when these reversals will occur. Not always 100 percent accurate but pretty close. Doesn't matter whose the president or where the next hurricane is going to hit as long as it moves up and down they are happy. Don't let the news fool you.

Mike DC

:Twocents:

2000 - the budget has just been balanced.  We vote that party out.

2004 - the budget has just been totally unbalanced.  We vote that party in again.  

2008 - the budget is badly unbalanced.  We vote for a party intending to unbalance it farther.

The message we've sent to Washington is pretty clear.  We do not care about balancing the Federal budget.  

twodko

Damn guys, you are all spot on today!!!!! jar1292 that's prolly the best way to chill. Just put on your ducks back and let it all roll off. Diane and I sit out on the Patio every night for a couple 3 hours. We sip some wine, decompress, chat, read and just be together. Nothing better in the world........unless its in our Charger :2thumbs:
S&P, Fitch and the other outfit simply state their credit ratings of a given country based on its solvency......or lack thereof. These 3 agencies are not the bad guys or are to blame. We know who the bad guys are. Nicely said Mike DC! Like derailed mentioned, "don't trust the news" EVER. I know. resq302, man I'm sorry to hear about this move to a central dispatch hub. All fire/rescue/ems have been centralized around here for some time now. This even includes statewide fire (formerly the California Forest Service). While the brain trust in DC takes a whopping 45%+ of any OT earned, hedging your bet by wracking up the OT is smart given the changes coming in your county. Cooter you are wise beyond your years Bro. Richard Head spelled it out exactly as it is IMO. Steve, you're in the same charlie foxtrot as most of us. Everything I've ever worked for is for Diane and my daughter. I submit its always been this way. I can sign off knowing they will be OK.
The stock market like the real estate market is cyclical, they swing to one extreme or the other. As I see it, there is no moderation in anything these days. Using a well worn analogy, look at the markets as a pendulum, even as they swing negative they will also swing back to positive at some point.
Finally, before I get off my soapbox, leave it to my buddy Dan to put it all in perspective. It WILL all be OK, just don't buy into the hype, scare tactics or the fear mongers. The only good constant (for the most part anyway) is family and friends.
OK I'm done now........twodko has left the house.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 09, 2011, 12:55:30 PM
The message we've sent to Washington is pretty clear.  We do not care about balancing the Federal budget.  

Suppose they held an election and nobody came.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Old Moparz

Stocks go down....

And

Stocks go up

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry