News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How can I wire in my 73 Carter idle solenoid?

Started by WH23G3G, July 29, 2011, 10:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

Ok I'm going to attempt to finalize the resto on my 73 Charger. I had to walk away from it for about 2 months since I've even touched it because of repeated attempts at the same problems. I had to get some motivation again to finish it up. I've almost got my other project 65 Valiant Slant Six in running condition. Trying to get it done since it's outside before the fall/winter comes. So I'm ahead on that now. Now I'm going to try and finish this Charger that I've had for 7 years but never have gotten to drive. I scored an original #s 6321S Thermoquad in very rebuildable condition, not all junked out, complete with idle solenoid. I believe I can get my running Thermoquad adequately tuned enough to drive. However I want to wire in the factory idle solenoid. I've got a new 400 engine wiring harness on from Year One. I made calls to M&H electric to find out where the idle solenoid plug is or is it missing from the harness. They said it wasn't in the Chrysler wiring plans. It is in the wiring diagram from the 73 Chassis service manual I have. It goes from the ignition to the alternator. So they told me I could use one of their solenoid wiring harnesses for one of the other years of Mopars. I think I got one to fit a 71 B-body 340. The said to plug into the solenoid and then plug in the harness to blue wiring coming from the ignition and then the harness to the choke switch so it has power. Does this work? The carb solenoid has one of those weired male/female plugs, but I think it's missing the sleeve because it's just the bare connectors. Will this work?