News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440-6 linkages--what else do I need?

Started by oldcarnut, July 23, 2011, 10:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

Tried searching but didn't find the answer for what I'm looking for. Are there different linkages for the 440-6 automatic setup such as throttle cable, tranny linkages, etc or will the stuff I had from the original 383 stuff work for the engine swap?  Just want to know what else I will need if anything to start searching for after I get the motor built and want to put it in.  Below is what I have.  The blue bracket is what came on the intake when I bought it. Thanks

gtx6970

Throttle cable and return spring brackets -  are 6 pack only
Most of the kickdown linkages are 6 pack only
Return spring is 6 pack only

Throttle cable for a B/RB 4 barrel will work

Coil bracket is 6 pack only

everything shown here is 6 pack only

Budnicks

Good reply that's about all you will need   :2thumbs: unless your going to race it at the track then you will need dual return springs, just add another one inside the return spring of a slightly smaller diameter & same length... :Twocents:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Rolling_Thunder

wont that fuel rail run smack into the dizzy ?
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

oldcarnut

Thanks guys.  To see if I got it right:  
I should be able to use the existing throttle cable from the 383-4bbl
The blue brkt I have is right just missing the nut and clamp
The coil and spring brkt I can make if needed.

As far as kickdown linkages go--Are we talking from the carb. all the way down to the tranny or just the first section?  Is there any way the 383-4 can be modified simple to work?

Thanks again

oldcarnut

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on July 24, 2011, 02:59:03 PM
wont that fuel rail run smack into the dizzy ?
I hope not but the actual lines to the carb off the rail haven't been set to length yet or bent so I have some adjustment.  I'm going with a different non stock dist so I'll have to wait and see for that.  I made the rail during some spare time at work because I thought it would look better than the T fittings

Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: oldcarnut on July 24, 2011, 03:01:16 PM
Thanks guys.  To see if I got it right:  
I should be able to use the existing throttle cable from the 383-4bbl
The blue brkt I have is right just missing the nut and clamp
The coil and spring brkt I can make if needed.

As far as kickdown linkages go--Are we talking from the carb. all the way down to the tranny or just the first section?  Is there any way the 383-4 can be modified simple to work?

Thanks again
I would get a cable style LOKAR or similar style kick down linkage, the factory 6bbl kick down linkage is like at least $400+ (if you can find 1 in stock any were), also there are taller throttle cable holders that align the cable at a better angle so it will pull back instead of down on the carb saving the throttle shaft bushings in the long run... The coil bracket serves 2 purposes it holds the coil & the center carb vent tube/hose in place....

Rolling_Thunder

Oh - also one other thing missing from the list is the factory idle solenoid...     reproductions (inaccurate) are out there if you care...   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Budnicks

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on July 24, 2011, 07:09:13 PM
Oh - also one other thing missing from the list is the factory idle solenoid...     reproductions (inaccurate) are out there if you care...   
MegaPartsUSA.com sells them still I believe...

oldcarnut

Thanks for all the input  :cheers:  I'll start looking for some.  Maybe some of the local guys may have some I can buy or trade around for.