News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for a good roll bar\cage

Started by Hudson Hornet !, July 20, 2011, 07:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hudson Hornet !

I have a 68 charger, and I am looking for a company that sells roll bars and or cages that will fit the car with minimum modifications to the backseat and etc.  Not looking for a full on 14 point deal just a nice bar that is not a pain. Thanks for any help.
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

Budnicks

Try 1st Competition Engineering then maybe Magnumforce Racing, maybe Alston Engineering or Chris Alston Chassis Works, they all have some decent products that you can easily modify to make work...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

morepower

firefighter ron had a nice setup in his car. I believe the company was located in Canada. the bar in the backseat bolted in. and the side bars had a curve in it so its easier access
1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

FLG

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on July 23, 2011, 01:10:50 AM
S&W

:2thumbs:

Same one Ron has...he got the "pro street" rear bars so they follow the rear B-Pillar rather than going through the speaker holes.

Budnicks

If your buying one for safety reasons or NHRA/IHRA sanctioning bodies for ET/MPH rules compliance, I would definitely check the rule book carefully, they are very strict on tubing diameter size, material (Mild steel vs DOM Molly), wall thicknesses & locations of the tubing/bars...  :Twocents: Good luck

pandamarie

I buying an 8 point cage from Chris Alston  for my car with removable side bars to make easy access to the get in and out. But I live only 12 miles away from his shop.

Budnicks

Quote from: pandamarie on October 07, 2011, 12:51:01 PM
I buying an 8 point cage from Chris Alston  for my car with removable side bars to make easy access to the get in and out. But I live only 12 miles away from his shop.
So you must be in the Sacramento Area, {I was from the Rancho Murieta area 10+ years}, Is his chassis shop still off of Sunrise Blvd., close to the old Mather air base turn off, by the auto wreckers ? Jim Berg, his old shop foreman was a racing buddy of mine, back in the day...

speedfreak68

Just ordered an S&W for my charger after seeing Ron's. Hopefully mine turns out that good. Like was said earlier, if you want to keep a back seat, order the pro street bars.  :2thumbs:

FLG

Yep, its  a nice bar. When me and my better half saw him up in NH he gave us a ride (only from his parking spot to the trailer) but being the gentleman i am  :smilielol: i went in the back...without issue, took a bit of maneuvering but you still have use of your interior.