News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Advise 73 Rallye...what would you do???

Started by jaak, July 19, 2011, 10:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Been offered $6600 cash for my Rallye, should I...

Take the money and run
10 (83.3%)
Hang on to it, paint it after finishing the 69
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

jaak

I currently had my 73 on eBay (with a high reserve), it didn't sell of coarse, but a guy emailed me and offered me $6600, said he would wire the money through my bank, and sent a transport to come pick it up.

I'd like to finish off my 69, but without selling the car due to time/money it will probably be another year.
What would you do?

My eBay ad, if you wanna see pics...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZalgoQ3dLVIQ26ituQ3dUCIQ26otnQ3d3Q26poQ3dLVIQ26psQ3d63Q26clkidQ3d1298276216596910242QQ_trksidZp5197Q2em7QQitemZ260816748571

Thanks
Jason

RallyeMike

I think 6.6k is a fair price for that car today. Though the 340/4speed combo is pretty rare, it's still not super desirable. The green on green is turn off for a lot of people, and with the car missing all the AC and needing rust repair and paint, it seems like a decent price.

4-speed muscle car with AC and looking overall pretty solid - it will be a nice project for someone, but there is plenty of dough to be dropped to get it to that point.

Good luck!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

73rallye440magnum

I sold my u-code for $7900. I think that's a good offer. Nice car. 340 4 speeds are very rare.
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

Rolling_Thunder

I think that's a fair price -  the 3rd gens dont seem to have the same following as the 2nd gens - but i would take the $$$ -  but that's me     :Twocents:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

jaak

Thanks guys,
You just confirmed what I was thinking (just needed a kick in the ass to get going). I emailed him and told him if the offer still stands, I'll take it.
I'll keep you posted.

Jason

Tilar

I would talk to your banker and be sure he can't scam you in any way. This sort of "offer" happens on craigslist all the time and people have lost some very nice cars over it.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

bakerhillpins

Out of curiosity, how would they fake a wire to his bank acct? Jason doesn't need to give out his bank acct details, just connect one bank manager to the other over the phone and let them work it out. Then when the money is in his acct he can release the car.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

azfrench

Yep.  I think take the money and run.  I may be a little partial to the 2nd gen cars but that seems like a very fair price for the car.

Rick
1968 Charger

jaak

Well, I emailed him. He said he would give me a couple of days to think on it, so I replied to him in 2 days. He said sorry he just bought another, wished he would have waited...... I can't stand it when folks don't stick to their word, irritates me.
I think I'm gonna try eBay one more time, only this time do a 3 day listing and a BIN price.

Jason

jaak

Quote from: Tilar on July 21, 2011, 04:12:05 AM
I would talk to your banker and be sure he can't scam you in any way. This sort of "offer" happens on craigslist all the time and people have lost some very nice cars over it.

Yes, I did speak with the bank. They told me safest way was have him send me a cashier's check.

Jason

bakerhillpins

Quote from: jaak on July 21, 2011, 04:41:13 PM
Quote from: Tilar on July 21, 2011, 04:12:05 AM

Yes, I did speak with the bank. They told me safest way was have him send me a cashier's check.

Jason

Make sure it clears before you release the car. You can have them canceled and I have heard of situations where scammers were printing official looking checks from their PC and screwing folks. Money transactions are ridicilus these days.   :brickwall:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.