News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone here running MRE's high torque mini starter

Started by drifter69, July 16, 2011, 12:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drifter69

Was thinking about buying one of MRE's high torque mini starters. I have 2" tti headers on my 440 how do they fit. Will I be able to remove it with out to much trouble? Also how do they do with the heat.

471_Magnum

Check Ebay. I recently got a high torque mini for $75 delivered. Brand new unit. Works great so far on my small block.

I can't comment regarding fit on that particular combination. I've installed a couple on a b-motors with 1 7/8" TTis, and Hedman Elites. Header clearance was fine on the TTis. Had to ding the Hedmans. In both cases the headers must be loose to get it in place. Hooking up the cables is a PITA too since the terminals are right against the block. It will probably come with an adapter on the terminals which you'll need to remove, and then you might have to grind 1/4" off the terminal studs for block clearance.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."