News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carlisle Winners List

Started by 71ChallengeHer, July 10, 2011, 09:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71ChallengeHer

maxwellwedge

#86  -  Is that you?    :scratchchin:     :cheers:     :scratchchin:     :cheers:

71ChallengeHer

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Tilar

Grats Jackie!

I'm surprised that Gene's name isn't on that list. Man what a fine looking Daytona.  :yesnod:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

69rtse4spd

maxwellwedge

FJ5WING

Quote from: Tilar on July 10, 2011, 06:23:46 PM
Grats Jackie!

I'm surprised that Gene's name isn't on that list. Man what a fine looking Daytona.  :yesnod:

If by Gene youre referring to HemiGeno....the Invatational Cars dont get onto the list.  :shruggy:
wingless now, but still around.

BBKNARF

Good for you, right on  :2thumbs: any pics.
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

FJ5WING

wingless now, but still around.

Tilar

Quote from: FJ5WING on July 10, 2011, 08:34:52 PM
Grats Jackie!

If by Gene youre referring to HemiGeno....the Invatational Cars dont get onto the list.  :shruggy:

Yes Hemigeno... Do they not judge them at all or whats the deal with that?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

resq302

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on July 10, 2011, 05:18:11 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on July 10, 2011, 09:19:30 AM
#86  -  Is that you?    :scratchchin:     :cheers:     :scratchchin:     :cheers:
;)   :2thumbs:

Whoa, whoa, whoa!  You were in the stock class little lady????   What exactly on your car is stock?   :nana:

Congrats to all the winners and people from here!

Tilar- people who get invited into the special displays are not eligible for judging or receiving special awards.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

BrianShaughnessy

Congrats Jackie !   Well deserved  :2thumbs:

Meanwhile...     :icon_smile_big:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

1969chargerrtse

I'm sorry I don't get it?  I've been out of shows for years but how do you give a trophy to a new car? 2010 Challengers etc ....... So you buy it and drive it to a show for some kind of trophy?  Another reason to make Shows and trophies more phony if you ask me. To the few shows I've brought the Charger to, this is why I close the hood when inspection time is announced.
Or, were these new but customized ?  Even so, I don't understand?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Chris G.

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 11, 2011, 08:39:44 AM
I'm sorry I don't get it?  I've been out of shows for years but how do you give a trophy to a new car? 2010 Challengers etc ....... So you buy it and drive it to a show for some kind of trophy?  Another reason to make Shows and trophies more phony if you ask me. To the few shows I've brought the Charger to, this is why I close the hood when inspection time is announced.
Or, were these new but customized ?  Even so, I don't understand?

Carlisle is not a judged show. If you register a car, you get to vote for a certain group of cars. Yes some people just drive their new cars to shows and park them expecting to win something. It's not a big deal in Carlisle because you are basically competing against people with the same car. I can see a random show giving an award to a new car above an old restored car as being wrong, but in Carlisle it's not a big deal when they only compete amongst themselves.

If you had your car in Carlisle, you would only be with 1969 Chargers. There's no judge, just people mostly parked around your class that will vote for you.

Troy

Quote from: Tilar on July 11, 2011, 04:13:40 AM
Quote from: FJ5WING on July 10, 2011, 08:34:52 PM
Grats Jackie!

Yes Hemigeno... Do they not judge them at all or whats the deal with that?
Gene was having the car judged to "OE" standards - which is totally separate from the show. Most of the cars in the buildings are only there for display (and therefore not judged). I think they have to be invited. As mentioned, the rest of the show is "peer judging" so everyone with a car in the show gets to fill out the ballots.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

TUFCAT

Personally, I think they have to many classes for new cars also.

moparstuart

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 11, 2011, 09:35:34 AM
as long as its a seperate class and they are not judging old car with drive off the lot new cars
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

Geno how did she do with the OEM judging?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Troy

Gene is probably still driving home. It may take a couple weeks before he gets the results of the judging. The judges spent a LOT of time going over the car (they started Wednesday or early Thursday and were still popping by on Sunday).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

resq302

I don't understand how they can judge a car and then after they are "done" go back and look at your car again.  I can see if there is a tie or something like that and they have to give out one award but if it is just for a point style certificate where they give out multiple of the same award if you reach a certain number, I can't see going back time after time when you can compare it to another car.
Brian

Chris G.

Quote from: resq302 on July 11, 2011, 10:53:28 AM
I don't understand how they can judge a car and then after they are "done" go back and look at your car again.  I can see if there is a tie or something like that and they have to give out one award but if it is just for a point style certificate where they give out multiple of the same award if you reach a certain number, I can't see going back time after time when you can compare it to another car.

It's not that kind of judging. These are guys who will specifically look at your car. It's not competition judging so to speak.

You either:

A. Get lucky and have them all at a show together to go over your car.

B. Fly them all to your location and pay for their stay. $$$

Gene took option "A" and it was a wise choice.  ;)

Chris G.

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 11, 2011, 09:35:34 AM

Like it or not, newer cars are a huge part of the backbone for any national show. Hit the Ford, Corvette or GM shows and you will see the same. I really don't see a problem with it because the place is huge and if you don't want to see them you don't have to. Plus Carlisle moved them to the back of the awards ceremony (I think), so they can sit in their A/C while the old schoolers get moving quicker through the parade.

Now if classic cars start getting parked on the hill, then there's a huge problem...for me at least.

resq302

Quote from: Chris G. on July 11, 2011, 10:58:54 AM
Quote from: resq302 on July 11, 2011, 10:53:28 AM

It's not that kind of judging. These are guys who will specifically look at your car. It's not competition judging so to speak.

You either:

A. Get lucky and have them all at a show together to go over your car.

B. Fly them all to your location and pay for their stay. $$$

Gene took option "A" and it was a wise choice.  ;)

Ah, ok, I thought it was like the nats where the group came around all at once.  I wasn't aware that you could have multiple judges coming through at various times throughout the weekend.
Brian