News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

repop daytona nose in steel

Started by randr, July 03, 2011, 01:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whats demand? would you purchase one for $4000.00

yes
15 (30%)
no
13 (26%)
your crazy!
6 (12%)
hell no!
8 (16%)
hell yes!
8 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 50

DAY CLONA

[quote  I've had a steel nose on order from jack for 2 years! Still no nose!

[/quote]

Jack has been ill for some time from what I hear of late, prior to that he was involved with a rather large project with a NASCAR team member, so that took presidence over the wingcar parts, Jacks sole income is metal fab, so one has to go where the money is,...and it ain't with wingers :Twocents:

winghawg

i spoke with jack about 3 weeks ago. he said he's only able to work a few hours a day. he is having some health challenges, lets pray for his recovery. he is one heck of a great guy, and an excellent source for these cars we love.

randr

yes ive been told same story by jack himself. which is why somebody needs to make these parts :2thumbs:
I'm Bored! what to do next......

gtx6970

At 4K, I could be interested( don't have the project yet so I would not commit to one until I do)

Keys for me is fit, fit fit fit - price is secondary

DC_1

So how many do you think you can make over the winter?

Patronus

What does a fiberglass one cost?
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Daytona Guy

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: randr on August 10, 2011, 07:19:29 AM
yes ive been told same story by jack himself. which is why somebody needs to make these parts :2thumbs:

I have not been around much lately, so I just found this thread.  Sounds like much more than just a Winter project...  I do hope someone makes a $4000 correct steel nose, and would buy one if they did.  I paid that much for a NOS valance...  :P  :brickwall:

Gean Gregory wanted to borrow my NOS nose for a new effort to reproduce Daytona noses, but I was not willing to let it be taken from my possession... with no absolute certainty that it would find it's way back home.  A friend of mine who does most excellent metal work for aircraft has expressed interest in scanning in my NOS parts, and possibly producing some.  He is a Charger nut and forum member, so maybe he will chime in...?

I would like to see correct one-piece valances done as well.  Are you still planning to pursue this (nose) project, knowing that the market is small (and cheap) like Mike stated?  I would be willing to provide access to my NOS parts for my friend to scan in if he was interested in participating in this project or doing it on his own...  I will try to call him in the next few days.

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

randr

Bored out of my mind, so... this project will get started soon. not winter yet... :icon_smile_big:
I'm Bored! what to do next......

moparstuart

Quote from: randr on November 06, 2011, 08:04:05 PM
Bored out of my mind, so... this project will get started soon. not winter yet... :icon_smile_big:
since you love me so much you can make me one for free right  LOL    :icon_smile_big:  you can use my beat up one to practice on

i hope this jason guy is a good metal worker   :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: :nana: :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

WINGMAN

I might ask Curt ( Panhead) to make me a spare one late next year when he comes back from playing in the sand, be safe Curt.  JR.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGMAN on November 06, 2011, 10:07:00 PM
  I might ask Curt ( Panhead) to make me a spare one late next year when he comes back from playing in the sand, be safe Curt.  JR.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  that was my plan too , then he went off to play in the sand box 

panhead

I'd love to see some pics as you do this build, Love to see some metal work. As far as (WINGMAN) Jay, I'd be more than happy to hook you up. It's the least I can do for you.  :2thumbs:

curt    :coolgleamA:
69' Dodge Charger 500
69' Dodge Daytona "Replica"

moparstuart

hope you are safe and sound playing in the sand  brother  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

panhead

Any status on the repop nose? I'd love to see how things are going.

And to all my follow Aero car owners and cloners, Season greetings from Kuwait!!!

Sorry for going off topic

Curt.
69' Dodge Charger 500

nascarxx29

Theres a superbird that went over to a premium carshow in Kuwait have you seen or heard of it there

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,87076.0.html
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

panhead

No, I'm locked in a 5 mile square box in the desert for about a year.

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500

panhead

Any status ? Just like to see so good metal work.

Curt   :coolgleamA:
69' Dodge Charger 500

moparstuart

Quote from: panhead on January 31, 2012, 10:39:36 AM

jason has not been on since november  :shruggy: I tried to find out why and he wont tell me what happened ?  but he says he is not ever coming back .  Very sad he was a great member here and I love his work and his cars  .  :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

DC_1

Quote from: moparstuart on January 31, 2012, 10:43:31 AM

jason has not been on since november  :shruggy: I tried to find out why and he wont tell me what happened ?  but he says he is not ever coming back .  Very sad he was a great member here and I love his work and his cars  .  :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

Really! What happened I wonder? I'll miss his post on the women he was able to convince to sit on hs wing at every show......also I'll miss seeing pics of his car. That was one nice Daytona clone.

DC_1

I just read his last few post. Didn't seem to see anything to indicate a rift with any other member. Weird that he would bail from here and make such a strong comment about never coming back without a reason.  :shruggy:

moparstuart

Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on January 31, 2012, 12:53:15 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on January 31, 2012, 10:43:31 AM

Really! What happened I wonder? I'll miss his post on the women he was able to convince to sit on hs wing at every show......also I'll miss seeing pics of his car. That was one nice Daytona clone.

:rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

WINGMAN

Stuart  I think Curt (Panhead) While he is over in Kuwait is going to hammer out a few Daytona nose cones, Tell is boss they are for some X Craft  :icon_smile_big: Then have them sent back to the USA for us to test.  :nana:  JR.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGMAN on January 31, 2012, 09:23:21 PM
  Stuart  I think Curt (Panhead) While he is over in Kuwait is going to hammer out a few Daytona nose cones, Tell is boss they are for some X Craft  :icon_smile_big: Then have them sent back to the USA for us to test.  :nana:  JR.
lol  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

panhead

:scratchchin:   I'll see what I can do    :scratchchin:

I guess I may have to make a couple more.

Curt    :coolgleamA:
69' Dodge Charger 500