News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

not my broadcast sheet

Started by johnnycharger, June 29, 2011, 12:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycharger

So I pulled out my back seat bottom for the first time today. I took the back rest out 13 years ago to get my broadcast sheet, but never had a need to take out the bottom until now.
I thought my seats were original, but I now know the bottom isn't because it had a second broadcast sheet in it that isn't for my car.
what should I do with it? I was very careful when I took it out but I wonder if I could ever find the owner of the car(if it hasn't been crushed). It brought to light a couple of questions...
Does a broadcast sheet have any value?
Does having my broadcast sheet for my car add value to it? If so, how much?
:shruggy:

Dans 68

The broadcast sheet (and rear seat) still may be original to your car - broadcast sheets were stuffed everywhere, and not even the right ones at times. Make a copy for your files and send the original to Alaskan_TA - he will make sure it is posted on his website (http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/) and can maximize the chances of finding it's way to the proper car. As far as being of value, it may be to the current owner of the matching car and only if he/she wants it. It is nice to have one for your own car in that you know exactly how it was built/optioned; it adds to the provenance of the car.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Hopefully it's mine  :lol:  I'd love to find my broadcast sheet or some more info on my car some day although I'm resigned to the fact it's probably lost forever... :'(

Just 6T9 CHGR

If its a 70 Charger sheet, contact/send it to Chris G. over at the '70 Charger Registry to see if he has a match.  :2thumbs:

www.1970chargerregistry.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BananaDan

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Alaskan_TA

Some cars have as many as five inside, so if you have not searched everywhere, you may still find one or four that do match.

Common places to look;

Taped to the back side / top of the glove box insert.
Under the front bucket seats in the springs
Inside the bucket seat backs
Under the rear seat bottom
In the rear seat back.
Under the package tray (speaker shelf)
Under the carpet

johnnycharger

Thanks for the input! Here is the Vin# xp29l0g212446