News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rotting Relics outside Chicago

Started by rustafarian, June 28, 2011, 02:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rustafarian

These are on some property wedged between soybean & cornfields,  the owner lets me store the heaps I run at Sycamore Speedway amongst them.
I posted a Charger of his a couple years ago,  '72 with a rusty roof.
Anyhoo:
This was a GTO:

Not your average Dart,  I found it on CL about a year ago and we bought it for $500.
Whoever shortened it back in the day did a pretty nice job.  It'll get a 440 and tubbed out someday.

Here's what's left of a 442,  the entire back end has rusted away.  During a snowstorm last winter
the hood blew off and smashed the roof and back window out of the Crown Vic to the right of it.
Don't matter,  that Ford has a short and violent future at the Speedway and it's the Police Interceptor package!

In the garage is another T/A and a '68 Shelby clone.  The wagon is loaded with it's own stripped parts,  tools & jack.
Notice the tail lights are taped on,  I drove her to the races with the paint still wet!
Careful,  Red the Rooster is an ornery bastard!

And here I am in the running until a broken tie rod on the passenger side put me into the wall:

Beyond the Palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard

Richard Cranium

That Dart, or what's left of it, is cute.
I am Dr. Remulac

nvrbdn

that dart is crazy.might be hard to handle with a monster motor. not much room for a roll cage.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

hemi-hampton

I've seen Darts & other 4 doors cut down before. Looks like that one was cut a little to much. See you on Woodward with it someday Bob :scratchchin: :shruggy: LEON.

TheAutoArchaeologist

That's awesome.  I used to live in DeKalb and would be at Sycamore all the time.  I know of a ton of stuff out that way, but never saw that.

Are you from the area? 

rustafarian

Ryan I live on the westside near the Brookfield Zoo.  You shot a GoldDuster I had on my driveway a few years ago.
Those cars are so close to the speedway you can hear the action.

Good to hear from you Leon!   

TheAutoArchaeologist

Ah ok, you're right down the road from where I work now.  I'm over around the corner from Gene & Judes.

There are a ton of old cars right around the speedway.  I never saw those though.  I will be out there for the Demo Derby in a few weeks.  I will have to take a look.

GordonGriggs

rustafarian

Give me a shout when you're going.  I run every Friday night,  weather permitting.  Friday afternoons are spent prepping and repairing for the races,  BBQing and talking cars on my friends property.  I'll give you directions. Bring some brews and a camera!
Gene & Judes,  I considered going there yesterday but ended up at Johnnies Beef instead. 
The next 2 Fridays are full size demos,  the 15th is a compact demo.
Depending on how the wagon holds up in the Figure 8s,  she'll run in the demo this Friday or next.

rt green

third string oil changer